Jump to content

Hey Steel Shank!


Recommended Posts

32 minutes ago, Shoxthemonkey said:

What are you hiding by leaving the appliance doors open?

Me and a bunch of buddies rented a cabin in the Driftless Area for the weekend and the fridge was constantly being opened as 6 guys ate and drank excessively for 48 hours.

Most of us either hunt or process a bunch of our own meat, and a few also have large gardens, so it was an onslaught of animal parts and top notch homemade canned and pickled veggies.

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Made a pot of pintos with ham hocks last night.  Served over brown rice.  Added diced fresh jalapeno and onion, and lots of Valentina.

I am feeling quite cleaned out today.  In fact, if I have to crap again, I'll be borrowing against meals I haven't eaten yet.  Beans are good for you.

  • Hook 'Em 2
  • Like 1
  • Haha 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

43 minutes ago, Brisketexan said:
Made a pot of pintos with ham hocks last night.  Served over brown rice.  Added diced fresh jalapeno and onion, and lots of Valentina.
I am feeling quite cleaned out today.  In fact, if I have to crap again, I'll be borrowing against meals I haven't eaten yet.  Beans are good for you.

make a pot of beans at least once a month.  cleans out the fridge about as well as it does me.  put pork jello* into the last batch
 
639062a9b054fa15d30fbec42296e3ad.jpg

*left over liquid from carnitas, chock full of collagen.  can't throw that deliciousness away.

Edited by elfenix
  • Hook 'Em 3
  • Fuck Around and Find Out 1
  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 hour ago, elfenix said:

make a pot of beans at least once a month.  cleans out the fridge about as well as it does me.  put pork jello* into the last batch
 
639062a9b054fa15d30fbec42296e3ad.jpg

*left over liquid from carnitas, chock full of collagen.  can't throw that deliciousness away.

@NOMAAA calls that Pork Substance Alpha.  It has a plethora of uses.

  • Hook 'Em 1
  • Haha 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Made a pot of pintos with ham hocks last night.  Served over brown rice.  Added diced fresh jalapeno and onion, and lots of Valentina.
I am feeling quite cleaned out today.  In fact, if I have to crap again, I'll be borrowing against meals I haven't eaten yet.  Beans are good for you.

Made a pot of beans yesterday. Only made a pound, which I regret immensely because I immensely love beans. Ragrats.
Link to comment
Share on other sites

11 hours ago, Steel Shank said:


You write your own book, little brother. Walk your own way.

Looks like he is considering throwing his pants in the dishwasher after he's done.  It's not a bad plan.

  • Hook 'Em 2
  • Haha 4
Link to comment
Share on other sites

2 hours ago, Texzilla58 said:


When you don’t have homemade bacon grease, this stuff looks to be a perfect rescue product1f2b0ed3612a108b1c4ceed02b10c062.jpg

Wait....what is this "don't have homemade bacon grease" situation that you speak of?  Other than in jewish or muslim households....that actually happens?

  • Hook 'Em 3
  • Haha 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 hour ago, Brisketexan said:

Wait....what is this "don't have homemade bacon grease" situation that you speak of?  Other than in jewish or muslim households....that actually happens?

I bumped up against this last night.  We had a skillet of bacon grease we had used to cook, um, bacon, and a bunch of fried eggs.  So the grease was contaminated with egg stuff, so maybe we can't put it in the jar with the clean bacon grease.  Yes there is such a thing as clean bacon grease.   So instead, i fried pork chops in it, and made gravy.  God was pleased.

  • Hook 'Em 3
  • Like 2
Link to comment
Share on other sites

5 minutes ago, BurntOrange&White said:

love those ribs

There is a La Michiocana (sp?) I drive by one every Tuesday in Denton for work. But it's usually like 10 AM. Had to go to Denton last week to grab some new chickens and made my wife pull over. 

 

May have bought several pounds and froze most of it.......

Link to comment
Share on other sites

2 minutes ago, Brisketexan said:


Tablitas FTMFW

 

1 minute ago, Jameslaw121 said:

There is a La Michiocana (sp?) I drive by one every Tuesday in Denton for work. But it's usually like 10 AM. Had to go to Denton last week to grab some new chickens and made my wife pull over. 

 

May have bought several pounds and froze most of it.......

I get them from the Culebra meat market here in San Antonio that come pre-seasoned with that red seasoning on them. By god they're so delicious.

  • Hook 'Em 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Many moons ago, the wife and I ate a place called Tra Vigne in Napa.  The special that day was tablitas grilled, then finished by braising.  The grilling gave them a great smoky flavor, and the braising made them tender as hell.  One of the best preparations I ever had.  But as a messican, I grew up eating the hell out of them just on the grill.  And when you go to the Korean BBQ with the grill in the table, the korean marinated tablitas are a favorite.  Just a great tasty cut of beef.

  • Hook 'Em 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

8 minutes ago, BurntOrange&White said:

 

I get them from the Culebra meat market here in San Antonio that come pre-seasoned with that red seasoning on them. By god they're so delicious.

yeah. Mine were the same thing. Also got some marinated chicken. We had a feast during the Cowboys game - Something like 10 lbs of random meat for 3 adults...

Edited by Jameslaw121
Link to comment
Share on other sites

15 minutes ago, Jameslaw121 said:

yeah. Mine were the same thing. Also got some marinated chicken. We had a feast during the Cowboys game - Something like 10 lbs of random meat for 3 adults...

BTW, the red marinated chicken wings from such places are TOP NOTCH on the grill.

  • Hook 'Em 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

I get them from the Culebra meat market here in San Antonio that come pre-seasoned with that red seasoning on them. By god they're so delicious.

Tezel and mainland? I’ve been driving by that place for years and slept on it. I figured it looked kind of sketch but not the regular carnciceria sketch. There aren’t any piñatas or Scarface blankets for sale outside.
Link to comment
Share on other sites

8 hours ago, deft said:


Tezel and mainland? I’ve been driving by that place for years and slept on it. I figured it looked kind of sketch but not the regular carnciceria sketch. There aren’t any piñatas or Scarface blankets for sale outside.

I go to the one on Potranco. There are multiple locations though so stop in and try them out. Also they usually have a pretty decent produce section and you can get everything you need there for a cookoff.  I think it's location dependent but you can get this big ass thing of pork skin

image.thumb.png.2b5fcc6298e86a9f5c1c34dd044d8079.png

 

 

image.thumb.png.140cff33de317c295a4f4e8d28ed8507.png

 

image.thumb.png.224ce49816b170d67123b538871e9859.png

Edited by BurntOrange&White
  • Hook 'Em 5
  • Drool 2
Link to comment
Share on other sites

No pics, but for lunch, since I'm working at home due to ice and stuff, for lunch I made mac and cheese, topped with several spoonfuls of leftover canned chili.  Hot, melty, delicious.  It's the simple things.

That sammich above looks damn fine, BTW.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

×
×
  • Create New...