Hey Steel Shank!

Judge Roybeanbag

1 hour ago, irishtexan said:

Made chicken fried steak for Texas Independence Day yesterday. Had a leftover cutlet. Threw it in the air fryer and whipped up a serving of cream gravy. Topped with japs as a nod to the Hole In The Wall’s legendary Reality sandwich.
bac3da4603103b50402547c37126e429.jpg

On occasion, I order a DQ Dude:

THE-DUDE.png

I tell em to hold all the veggies and mayo, and just gravy up that bad boy on both sides.  I never thought of adding jalapenos.  Now I will.  Brilliant.

• Hook 'Em 1

2 hours ago, irishtexan said:

Made chicken fried steak for Texas Independence Day yesterday. Had a leftover cutlet. Threw it in the air fryer and whipped up a serving of cream gravy. Topped with japs as a nod to the Hole In The Wall’s legendary Reality sandwich.

Home Run Baseball GIF by 20th Century Fox Home Entertainment

This right here is the kind of stuff that Sam Houston would hand out a Republic commemoration for.

I like the use of the air fryer to rejuvenate the batter. Brilliance.

5 hours ago, irishtexan said:

It belongs in a Museum /gif

On occasion, I order a DQ Dude:
THE-DUDE.png
I tell em to hold all the veggies and mayo, and just gravy up that bad boy on both sides.  I never thought of adding jalapenos.  Now I will.  Brilliant.

Drive to the nearest shortstop and try the chicken slammer. Imagine it as CFS slammer.

boom.

Well this probably won’t get much approval but here goes.

I made some short ribs in the instant pot the other night with a recipe I hadn’t used before but basic stuff with red wine and bay leaves and such….up up til it call for some brown sugar. Should have gone with instinct and 86’d it or cut it way down but overall dish just didn’t vibe.

I asked myself while doing yard work….”self, what would old steel shank do?” I know what he’d do. He’d make himself a sammich. So I warmed it up and sliced it but was sure to get some gravy and carrot bits on the bread. I also had bijan in the backfield making the bun have a tad bit of bite and some provolone to tie it all together. A quick skillet action on both sides and now we’re talking. It’s ugly but it eats.

5b0ef166ce5781fff7cf5b9f6dc74918.jpg
227b514e83cbb83711d5b1b7bc938007.jpg
12ecc4c0e57a723d7b4ed439a7b18fb0.jpg
5ece4757e001eba6f10b37fd039627a2.jpg

• Hook 'Em 5
  • Like 2