Hey Steel Shank!

Judge Roybeanbag

What the fuck?
But I am also intrigued….  That’s creative. 

It’s delicious.

I like potato salad quite a bit, but strongly prefer it with spices and hot sauce. Bacon and hot peppers improve everything but ice cream. We’re leaving for vacation today as well, so cleaning out the fridge was a priority.
  • Hook 'Em 1

16 minutes ago, Al_4_ISU said:

It’s delicious.

I like potato salad quite a bit, but strongly prefer it with spices and hot sauce. Bacon and hot peppers improve everything but ice cream. We’re leaving for vacation today as well, so cleaning out the fridge was a priority.

Love the "pre-vacation clean out the fridge" meals.  I put everything out on our countertop -- "okay, for dinner tonight, we have a half serving of leftover red beans and rice, two slices of turkey lunch meat, some roasted cauliflower, a grilled chicken leg, some taco meat, 1/4 jar of spaghetti sauce, some hummus, and what I think is either tandoori chicken or pork al pastor.  And as always, we have tortillas.  Have at it."

• Hook 'Em 2
  • Like 1

Love the "pre-vacation clean out the fridge" meals.  I put everything out on our countertop -- "okay, for dinner tonight, we have a half serving of leftover red beans and rice, two slices of turkey lunch meat, some roasted cauliflower, a grilled chicken leg, some taco meat, 1/4 jar of spaghetti sauce, some hummus, and what I think is either tandoori chicken or pork al pastor.  And as always, we have tortillas.  Have at it."

They definitely force your hand creatively.

Last night I picked apart what was left of a rotisserie chicken and microwaved two hot dogs I’d grilled over the weekend and chased it all with some of the same potato salad I had for lunch today, and kimchi.
  • Hook 'Em 2

1 minute ago, Al_4_ISU said:

They definitely force your hand creatively.

Last night I picked apart what was left of a rotisserie chicken and microwaved two hot dogs I’d grilled over the weekend and chased it all with some of the same potato salad I had for lunch today, and kimchi.

Al knows how to live, fellas.

11 minutes ago, Al_4_ISU said:

Almost every time I open my fridge, I think of this thread, and my life is better for it.

Agreed. When I'm looking at leftovers or what ever. It's no longer "I'll have the stuff from last night." It's "How can I put together leftovers from the last 4 nights into a combination that will give those on this thread an awkward but strangely proud erection."

It's become the ultimate in team sports. Competition breeds excellence. But, at the end of the day, we're all on the same team with mutual respect for each others improvised  cuisine choices.

• Hook 'Em 6
  • Like 2

Agreed. When I'm looking at leftovers or what ever. It's no longer "I'll have the stuff from last night." It's "How can I put together leftovers from the last 4 nights into a combination that will give those on this thread an awkward but strangely proud erection."

It's become the ultimate in team sports. Competition breeds excellence. But, at the end of the day, we're all on the same team with mutual respect for each others improvised  cuisine choices.

Perfectly stated.
  • Hook 'Em 1

41 minutes ago, Jameslaw121 said:

This is just lovely.💗

4 hours ago, Jameslaw121 said:

Agreed. Iron sharpens iron, brothers.

• Hook 'Em 2

15 hours ago, Jameslaw121 said:

You Got A Gift You GIF - You Got A Gift You Robert De Niro - Discover &  Share GIFs

On 6/7/2023 at 4:42 PM, Brisketexan said:

You’re getting all wordy, Joe.  The correct nomenclature is “all this stuff in here, imma eat it.  At once”

15 minutes ago, Texzilla58 said:

If you have one of those carts obviously you need a frito pie valet to serve you. There are some candidates in that sugarbaby thread.

Our frito pie shindig is large enough that we hire staff to help.

That staffer is usually a very attractive female.  Interestingly, my wife handles the hiring.