2023 Tailgate Thread of Dominance

immamac

Taking the two girls this afternoon.  Wanna walk 'em through Smokey's Midway for first time this year.  Somebody remind me, are those rides/games, are they free or do I need to get cash and buy tokens first?  I can't remember from year's past.  What do you think the wait times will be ~2 hours before kickoff for the rides 'n stuff?  Thanks.  Hopefully this rain patch soaks all of Austin and the Lakes except DKR and environs.  Travel safe everybody, thanks to Immamac and squad, hook 'em...

• Hook 'Em 1

Just now, YGIFS said:

Taking the two girls this afternoon.  Wanna walk 'em through Smokey's Midway for first time this year.  Somebody remind me, are those rides/games, are they free or do I need to get cash and buy tokens first?  I can't remember from year's past.  What do you think the wait times will be ~2 hours before kickoff for the rides 'n stuff?  Thanks.  Hopefully this rain patch soaks all of Austin and the Lakes except DKR and environs.  Travel safe everybody, thanks to Immamac and squad, hook 'em...

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Like 1
  • Haha 3

Yeah, the whole system is goofy so carnies can skim.  But I'm pretty sure when we started going again in '21, it was just wait in line and ride/play for free (the South Austin Mom model).  But I think maybe somebody told me you gotta bring a CC or cash now for tokens.  Which is fine, but I wanna save time and maybe run and get those while the girls are in the restroom or whatever.  It ain't Gameday at DKR unless we invent 3 extra steps every season for the most basic shit.  Why I like this crew, y'all keep it simple---profane password like Muledick instead of scanning in EventBrite tickets, shotgunning beers instead of a "craft cocktail program curated by fair-trade, conflict-free Mezcal experts", and instead of some vegan buffet, some meat sandwiches that Immamac may or may not have forgotten to take out of his trunk last night. 

9 minutes ago, YGIFS said:

"craft cocktail program curated by fair-trade, conflict-free Mezcal experts"

Shit no man I think you get your ass kicked doing something like that. 

To answer your question I don't know what the midway currency is. I just wanted to post that Ron White clip.

34 minutes ago, YGIFS said:

The waits  are substantial man. You’ll be in line for 30-45 minutes waiting for the Ferris wheel, which is a death trap. Bouncy houses usually little to I wait. 

• Hook 'Em 1

1 hour ago, YGIFS said:

Last year it was free, haven't been this year yet

2 hours ago, YGIFS said:

51 minutes ago, allrightallrightallright said:

Last year it was free, haven't been this year yet

Free again this year.  The wait for the games (darts, the rolling ball horse game thing, etc) isn't so bad.  Not sure about the Ferris wheel/climbing wall, etc.

I'm hoping to stop by the tailgate.  It depends on long my kids are entertained by Smokey's Midway.

• Hook 'Em 1

I'd like to be bathing in Beyonce's jiggling apple bottom.  Or something. 

Looks fantastic.  

That was an intense 45mts of heavy rain. 

Looks like one more wave later this afternoon but gets thru well enough before game.  PhDhorn or anybody else, please weigh in with expertise.  

2 minutes ago, YGIFS said:

I'd like to be bathing in Beyonce's jiggling apple bottom.  Or something. 

Looks fantastic.  

That was an intense 45mts of heavy rain. 

Looks like one more wave later this afternoon but gets thru well enough before game.  PhDhorn or anybody else, please weigh in with expertise.  

Fox Raining GIF by Family Guy

• Hook 'Em 1

On 9/15/2023 at 3:29 PM, immamac said:

Plan for tomorrow is get there at 2-230 get set up everything and get beverages on ice, then slice into brisket and burnt ends around 5PM. Stadium is so close that 6:45 walk over should be fine to get there in time for kick. We will be watching at tailgate with a growing contingent of folks that have been holding it down watching the games at the tailgate. 

We can stay till midnight and generally it’s a good plan to stick around for a few beverages after the game to let the traffic unfuck itself and let ubers get off surge pricing. 

please tell everyone you know to stop by and donate or talk to us about NIL. Burnt Ends and Texas One Fund donations are strongly encouraged if you are taking part in food and bev. 

https://www.surlyhorns.com/board/tailgate Non members can donate here for tailgate. 

members can donate here https://www.surlyhorns.com/board/clients/donations/

Wont make it in today but threw a few bucks for some beer. Will make it out at one point in the season. Thanks for organizing all this @immamac

4 hours ago, SydneyCarton said:

The food was great, shit, the whole tailgate was great. Thanks @immamac, it was fucking awesome. Also great meeting your wife and kiddos, that woman must be a saint on general principle. @justhookitnice to meet you again, and chat with your lady friend. 

This!

@immamac, you Rock!!! You check a lot of boxes, friend. "I'm going to go spend some time with the kids ..." ❤️

Killer job on the brisket, on top of everything else. very enjoyable day.

Ambled through the other tailgates, ... the "Texas Cheer & Pom Girls Alumni" tent ... Damn!

On 9/16/2023 at 8:12 AM, SydneyCarton said:

I’ll be there at some point, my plan is to be on campus by 4-430, which probably means 5 because I’m married. 

see you reprobates then. 

This was EXACTLY my situation yesterday.

Her hair appointment that was supposed to de done by 3, turned out to be 415. Got to Bevo Blvd and then tailgate around 515.

Bored Richard Hammond GIF by DriveTribe

Jalapeño popper dip 

Ingredients 

Two 8 ounce packages cream cheese, cubed at room temperature 

1/2 cup sour cream

2 TB franks hot sauce

1/2 cup pickled jalapeños plus 1 TB of juice, diced

One 4 ounce can Hatch Green Chiles diced, keep juice

1/2 cup grated Parmesan + 1/2 cup Panko seasoned with 1 tsp onion powder, 1 tsp garlic powder, 1/2 tsp for salt and pepper and 1 tsp cumin and 1 tsp chili powder. Mix it all up with 1 TB olive oil

1 cup sharp white cheddar grated plus 1/2 cup sharp yellow cheddar

1 cup shaved Parmesan 

Oven at 350F plus 9x13 baking dish

large bow stir up the sour cream and cream cheese and add hot sauce and juices with peppers and chilis. Once it is smooth add in 3/4 of both the cheddar and the Parmesan and stir well. Pour in baking dish. Top with remaining cheese and then top with seasoned Panko above. Bake 20-25 minutes until it’s bubbling and top is sort of golden brownish. 

Edited by Nicole44
  • Hook 'Em 7
  • Like 1

On 9/16/2023 at 12:45 PM, immamac said:

Brisket paper caught fire when I was removing burnt ends. Sneak peak before the rewrap. It was jiggling like beyonces booty. 

burnt ends gonna be great. This is only half  other half already foiled and honey/apple bathing  IMG_2052.thumb.jpeg.17271c1ea70968375a944c63ecb255a3.jpegIMG_2050.thumb.jpeg.178e8b19b0245d64427ba8cc26836e6f.jpeg

Do you pair a billows with the signals?

• immamac unpinned this topic
  • immamac pinned this topic
  • immamac unpinned and pinned this topic