Nebraska vs. Minnesota - 7pm on Fox

Bodhi

Just here to point out that Nebraska is now currently last place in the Big Ten

Just now, Brian Fantana said:

Has any program fallen off harder and for seemingly no reason than Nebraska? 3 titles in the 90s, averaging double digit wins in the early 2000s, then 2004 hits and you're just trash forever.

Serves them right for getting rid of Frank Solich. 

• Hook 'Em 4
  • Like 1

Just now, Brian Fantana said:

Has any program fallen off harder and for seemingly no reason than Nebraska? 3 titles in the 90s, averaging double digit wins in the early 2000s, then 2004 hits and you're just trash forever.

Sketchy walk-on program was neutered by the NCAA, underestimated how much playing in Texas all the time mattered for their recruiting, bad coaching hires, general depopulation of their home state compared to the Sun Belt.

When a program in a talent-poor area loses its prestige, there's not much left to fall back on. It's why Iowa keeps hanging on to Ferentz, and Nebraska is even more isolated.

• Hook 'Em 4
  • Like 1

3 minutes ago, Brian Fantana said:

Oh, it wasn't for NO reason.

Texas Longhorns GIF by ESPN

• Hook 'Em 4
  • Haha 2

1 minute ago, texifornia said:

Sketchy walk-on program was neutered by the NCAA, underestimated how much playing in Texas all the time mattered for their recruiting, bad coaching hires, general depopulation of their home state compared to the Sun Belt.

When a program in a talent-poor area loses its prestige, there's not much left to fall back on. It's why Iowa keeps hanging on to Ferentz, and Nebraska is even more isolated.

Not just bad hires, but bad fires. i.e. Solich, as mentioned above.

But otherwise top marks, covers all the bases, basically the flawless answer.

4 minutes ago, Brian Fantana said:

it's not "for seemingly no reason," the reason Nebraska fell off is because they had to play actual teams like Texas instead of cupcakes like the old Big 8. It's completely unsurprisingly that Nebraska's best years in the Big 12 were all the ones where they avoided playing Texas.

• Like 1

Just now, WelfareBuysMyWeed said:

it's not "for seemingly no reason," the reason Nebraska fell off is because they had to play actual teams like Texas instead of cupcakes like the old Big 8. It's completely unsurprisingly that Nebraska's best years in the Big 12 were all the ones where they avoided playing Texas.

I maintain that they cemented bottom dweller status by leaving the Big 12. After that, they had no natural recruiting ground. At least before they were on 100% of the tv’s in Texas and had a ton more visibility. 

• Hook 'Em 3

17 minutes ago, Dnaguy said:

I’m all for shutting on The corn. 
Fuck them to eternity.

But fuck if I had to see a graphic that showed we’ve lost 10, one score games in the last 3 years.

Fucking snapped me back to reality.

I can’t even schadenfreude like I wanted to.

Yeah man but at least it’s not 14

Solich had a drinking problem.  Certainly a Big 12 program with a rich tradition of winning wouldn't keep a drunk on the payroll...
So if he was winning while drunk, sober him up a little. And he will win more. Not like he was only winning 7 games a year or something.

Drunk shaming is problem in this country. We need help and understanding. And 1 or 2 for the road.
  • Hook 'Em 3

3 hours ago, Brothahorn said:

So if he was winning while drunk, sober him up a little. And he will win more. Not like he was only winning 7 games a year or something.

Drunk shaming is problem in this country. We need help and understanding. And 1 or 2 for the road.

image.jpeg.e0a9a1accace07352402a5a9bc428b8d.jpeg

• Like 1
  • Haha 2