Tceh suffers crushing 2OT defeat at Wyoming

WBT

7 minutes ago, MrBig said:

When Leach beat us in 2008, we lost our chance at the championship game. Even when they crushed our souls back then, they weren’t nearly as cunty as they are now. It’s like they think Mahomes winning the Super Bowl means they are automatically good at football because of it. 

Missing the championship game didn’t come until the fucked up polling. 

Texas beat OU at a neutral site and had a last second loss on the road to Tech. 
OU lost to Texas and got Tech at home. 

7 minutes ago, Doc Daneeka said:

They rolled Tech at home. They had the hotter team at the time. We lost the NC chance when got Crabtreed. Unpopular opinion around here, I’m sure. And yes I’m familiar with what Leach and Briles did to us in polls. Not sure it would’ve mattered. 

8 minutes ago, Doc Daneeka said:

More relevantly, Florida lost at home to a bad ole miss team.  But there shouldn’t be a rematch, says the people that engineered the Alabama lsu rematch not long afterward. 

• Hook 'Em 2
  • Rage+1 3

4 minutes ago, Porterhouse said:

They rolled Tech at home. They had the hotter team at the time. We lost the NC chance when got Crabtreed. Unpopular opinion around here, I’m sure. And yes I’m familiar with what Leach and Briles did to us in polls. Not sure it would’ve mattered. 

They didn’t play either of the other two teams on the road. 

If you think “hotter team at the time,” even if true, trumps a double digit loss at a neutral site, we’ll, that’s at least a take. 

Either way, let’s just enjoy their current shame. 

Edited by Doc Daneeka

3 hours ago, Porterhouse said:

Everything went right for OU besides just that. There were a ton of games we needed to go a certain way for the computers and every single one of them went OU's way. It was just one of those things.

And Tech beats OU if they got them in Lubbock...I am only saying that because Tech beat them in Lubbock in 2005, 2007, 2009, and 2011 and then whenever they would play in Norman OU would roll. It was just how the series went back then. So Tech would have gone on to play Florida in that case.

For Texas if we ever fucked up at all. Even for a second. Even a little bit. The Football Gods would conspire to keep us out of the Big 12 Title game. All events would ensure that OU got in ahead of us. They could lose two or three games or whatever, it wouldn't matter. But we had to go undefeated or we were fucked. At least once the calendar turned to the 21st century.

Edited by Valmy77
  • Hook 'Em 1

The "15 minutes of Us" campaign was less than impressive.

Might as well do some Wrecking Crew, BlackShirts, Texas is Back or other bullshit that doesn't work.

Last night's result should NEVER fucking happen.  Period.  Unacceptable.

5 minutes ago, Js1 said:

I’ve already seen calls to fire the OC. Wasn’t he the super genius OC that they wouldn’t shut up about during the Ewers recruitment?

To your point, I'm not a believer there either.

If you're good, people know it.  The results speak for themselves.  They seem to be on mute.

4 hours ago, GhostOfTomJoad said:

I'm kinda shocked that @Go Pokes is on a thread where fans are openly laughing at tech's stepping on their 3-inch peckers on national TV after an offseason of chirping. Doesn't oSu derisively refer to tech as xerox-u and claim they've stolen their traditions like the guns up hand sign, little horsey running onto the field, and losing under the bright lights on the rare opportunity either of them have a chance to play for something signficant?

Just defending his conference brethren

• Haha 2

9 hours ago, Go Pokes said:

That’s exactly what I meant. Am I the only one who remembers where we were a year ago? Jesus Christ, you guys can be some fucking assholes. First you leave us for dead, write our obituaries, and celebrate our death. We crawl from the depths to scratch our way back to life and set ourselves up to be the #3 conference and now you act like we shouldn’t be happy to just be alive. You guys can really be some arrogant hypocritical dicks.

As a long time Austin resident, I think I view the UT fan base on a micro level. All my UT fan friends are cool and reasonable folks who never act like the people in this thread. When I step back and get the overhead macro view, everything people say about you is true. You’re really awful. It’s probably the one thing aggy is actually right about.

Wait, where did this come from?

spacer.png

Whiny bitch. 

• Hook 'Em 2
  • Haha 4

4 hours ago, Longboard Horn said:

Since we're still realigning conferences, maybe Tech should drop to the Mountain West 

Shouldn’t they look for a conference in which they can compete for the title?

6 minutes ago, UTEE97 said:

I bet Aggy is working behind the scenes to come back to the BDF.

Even those goobers aren’t dumb enough to do that. At least not the ones that could make it happen. 

Long knives came out for @Go Pokesin this thread lol.  You ride here, you ride for the brand buddy. 

Edited by Pato del Muerto
  • Hook 'Em 2

11 hours ago, Hank Scorpio said:

Imagine a UT regent logging onto Orangebloods posting shit like this. Fucking amateurs. 

F5ImaOWW4AAsOWU?format=jpg&name=large

He is a former Tech OL who became extremely wealthy in the Eagle Ford shale play.  He is absolutely a booster. Donor/ supporter of the program.  Some of his behavior/ commentary reflects his less than egalitarian background.

I’ve disagreed with him multiple times, even though I do feel like he is always doing what he feels is right to promote the school and football program.  His heart’s in the right place, just not the execution at all times.

Edited by slorch

22 hours ago, Go Pokes said:

That’s exactly what I meant. Am I the only one who remembers where we were a year ago? Jesus Christ, you guys can be some fucking assholes. First you leave us for dead, write our obituaries, and celebrate our death. We crawl from the depths to scratch our way back to life and set ourselves up to be the #3 conference and now you act like we shouldn’t be happy to just be alive. You guys can really be some arrogant hypocritical dicks.

As a long time Austin resident, I think I view the UT fan base on a micro level. All my UT fan friends are cool and reasonable folks who never act like the people in this thread. When I step back and get the overhead macro view, everything people say about you is true. You’re really awful. It’s probably the one thing aggy is actually right about.

All your UT friends are laughing their asses off about this weekends Big 12 crapfest. You’ll get your chance to make fun of us soon enough I’m sure

• Hook 'Em 1

8 minutes ago, slorch said:

He is a former Tech OL who became extremely wealthy in the Eagle Ford shale play.  He is absolutely a booster. Donor/ supporter of the program.  Some of his behavior/ commentary reflects his less than egalitarian background.

I’ve disagreed with him multiple times, even though I do feel like he is always doing what he feels is right to promote the school and football program.  His heart’s in the right place, just not the execution at all times.

https://www.texastech.edu/board-of-regents/bio-campbell.php

Also, Permian Basin.

Edit: you caught it before I posted, good on ya

Edited by ryskey
  • Like 1

3 minutes ago, Rudiger said:

This must be that addition by subtraction thing I'm always hearing about.

After decades of throwing shade at Texas for its excess and how they think it treats its conference mates, they are aiming to fill that void as soon as we leave and behave exactly that way. Nature abhors a vacuum. 

• Hook 'Em 2
  • Haha 1

51 minutes ago, Pato del Muerto said:

After decades of throwing shade at Texas for its excess and how they think it treats its conference mates, they are aiming to fill that void as soon as we leave and behave exactly that way. Nature abhors a vacuum. 

Always get a good chuckle when my Tech grad friend is bragging on how much NIL/facilities money Tech has been able to wrangle up since Joey was hired and then turns around and blames Texas and all their money for destroying college football... 

• Hook 'Em 3

15 hours ago, Hank Scorpio said:

Imagine a UT regent logging onto Orangebloods posting shit like this. Fucking amateurs.

i have to extend congratulations to the dude who managed to write that screed without somehow blaming The University of Texas, claiming the PUF mineral rights, while still labeling wi-fi and their student tailgate as "insignificant".

See you after bird day.

5 hours ago, Chopper said:

So long bitches. Sucks for you that your approach didn't work. The tldr is Tceh needs the money and notoriety that playing UT would've brought. Hahahaha go back to sucking Yormark's cock, Joey.

image.thumb.png.4210930e873dfcbb106c28f2aec45b0f.png

Funny how Yormark said they are glad to get Texas out of B12 a year early, and yet the article above is all about how tech really needs UT to keep playing the red raiders... 😋

https://sports.yahoo.com/why-important-kirby-hocutt-keeps-080221644.html

• Hook 'Em 2