Clemson (-12.5) at Duke, 7:00 on ESPN

shadow_operative2.0

5 minutes ago, Doc Sam Beckett said:

It not just Venables, Dabo has stacked the coaching staff with a bunch of inexperienced former players. 

Yep, this. It's all about his guys and his culture. However, it's not actually about the protection of the program; rather, it's about his self-righteous ego.  It'll be his downfall.

Edited by MuellerHorn
  • Hook 'Em 1

Just now, Surly Bevo said:

Yea but if it is targeting how is that post possession?  I mean if that was a WR and the pass was sailed over his head pretty sure that would be a first down....I mean I won't mind but still seems odd.  

Late hit with targeting. Late by definition is after the play. Targeting can also happen during the play. 

• Hook 'Em 1

Just now, YChang said:

Man, you always see that happen… someone too eager to take out a QB 

but thats also the exact play that drives us crazy.

even on the reply it looked like the duke guy jumped at the exact moment that Klubnick started dropping.    Im not really sure how the hell the defender is supposed to avoid a head hit there when he was aiming for the guys chest. 

i was suprised to hear that its a post posession foul. 

• Hook 'Em 1

Just now, Surly Bevo said:

Yea but if it is targeting how is that post possession?  I mean if that was a WR and the pass was sailed over his head pretty sure that would be a first down....I mean I won't mind but still seems odd.  

He was down short of the 1st down.

Ball gets turned over on downs.

QB gets hit, so Duke has to move the ball back 15 yards.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, millhouse said:

Wow, that's crazy, but rules are rules

of all the idiotic NCAA rules related to targeting, the fact that they dont have an exception written into the rule specifically on a 4th down play like that seems even more idiotic

Edited by AUS-97HORN

3 minutes ago, AUS-97HORN said:

of all the idiotic NCAA rules related to targeting, the fact that they dont have an exception written into the rule specifically on a 4th down play like that. 

I disagree. It was fourth down and the runner was down short of the line to gain, so possession changes. It's no different than if someone walked up to Klubnik as he was walking off the field and targeted him. It's still after the play ended.

Edited by MuellerHorn
  • Hook 'Em 2

2 minutes ago, C-Man said:

Sorry, that’s a horribly bad rule.

Klubnick is a dumb ass.

How so? Play was over. As soon as Klubnik was down possession changed. It's not a specific rule, it's the basic rule of football. If you don't reach the line to gain on 4th down it's the other team's ball. 

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Like 1