Kenny Paxton/Dave P's Impeachment Game Day Thread

atomheartbevo

So yesterday it looked like perhaps the House managers may have screwed up one of their articles with a technicality.  Buzbee made a big deal of reading the article in question to the former Austin DA.  IIRC the point I think he was trying to make is that the article complained that Paxton acted improperly by making Cammack a prosecutor pro tem, but that specific position can only be used when the state DA recuses itself (which it did not do).  Instead I think he instead used Cammack as some sort of "special prosecutor" whatever that meant.

Any ideas on whether that distinction might trigger a successful motion to dismiss (it certainly could garner votes for an acquittal on that very technical point).

4 hours ago, atomheartbevo said:

Happy Cracking Up GIF by Regal

Stephen Miller:

A MESSAGE TO THE GOOD PEOPLE OF TEXAS: No Attorney General in the United States has done more to fight for us against the corrupt Biden Administration than Ken Paxton.

Not only does Paxton have a historic record of suing the Biden regime for its radical, extreme, lawless edicts but he has a historic track record of winning — enjoining one unconstitutional and unlawful policy after another. In short, Ken Paxton is the rule of law’s best friend — and the lawless left’s worst legal nightmare.

Given how much contempt the Radical Left and Ruling Class have for rules, norms, laws, truth or justice it should come as no surprise that they have engineered an impeachment against Paxton to remove Biden’s opponent from the chess board.

The Administration in power wants Ken out of the Attorney General’s office. It’s just that simple. And the Liberal Democrats and Liberal Republicans in the Texas State Legislature are all to eager too join forces in doing Joe Biden’s dirty work for him: voiding the overwhelming vote Paxton received in the last election. They want to use an unjust, scurrilous and outrageous impeachment to silence the voice and values of the people of Texas. They hate Democracy.

The bogus allegations now being re-litigated (and debunked) in this impeachment were all brought to the voters before Paxton’s massive reelection victory and were all rejected by the wise voters of Texas. By what right to the most liberal members of the Texas legislature now conspire to remove from office the very man Texas voters just installed in that office?

Nothing would make the Texas-hating radicals in the current Administration happier than taking your bold, determined and courageous Texas Attorney General away from you. The man who has been battling for you against open borders, human trafficking, assaults against your sacred first and second amendment rights, Big Tech tyranny, dictatorial regulation, and every other threat to your freedom.

So the choice, Texas, is simple. And it is binary. Do you stand with Ken Paxton or Joe Biden? Do you side with the Constitution or the Radical Left? Do you fight to regain your borders or help ensure their absolute erasure? Tell your members in the Texas Senate to stop a grievous wrong and to stand with Ken Paxton, to stand with Texas, and to protect your families and your children from the lawless and authoritarian administration now reigning in Washington DC.

Who knew Texas was infested with radical leftist Republicans? Thanks for letting us know Herr Goebb- er Miller

1 hour ago, safe sex said:

I drive a Mazda tyvm. 

I don't have the money for a dykemobile. Would I drive all of the cars mentioned if I could afford them? Sigh, yes.

Mazdas are great value cars. I think it’s because they don’t have a separate luxury label but they put a lot of great features in their models

• Like 1

15 minutes ago, Sawbonz said:

Mazdas are great value cars. I think it’s because they don’t have a separate luxury label but they put a lot of great features in their models

Yeah, I like it a lot for the most part! I just have the misfortune to have bourgeois tastes on a public health hourly rate. 

• Hook 'Em 1

I was predisposed to dislike Kammack based on his experience, profession, and how he was involved as learned in prior testimony but, politics aside, he came across as a genuinely decent, if naive, guy that got completely used by Paxton, Wynn and Paul.  Won’t go so far as patsy, but close.  

• Hook 'Em 1

4 minutes ago, A-Tex Devil said:

I was predisposed to dislike Kammack based on his experience, profession, and how he was involved as learned in prior testimony but, politics aside, he came across as a genuinely decent, if naive, guy that got completely used by Paxton, Wynn and Paul.  Won’t go so far as patsy, but close.  

I go back and forth on this. House gave him kid glove treatment probably because they didn't want to fall into the trap of being too mean to him. But I think it's an act

15 minutes ago, A-Tex Devil said:

9 minutes ago, chainsaw said:

I go back and forth on this. House gave him kid glove treatment probably because they didn't want to fall into the trap of being too mean to him. But I think it's an act

I suspect the truth is somewhere in between.  I think he got stars in his eyes and got taken advantage of....but he is also a real-deal big boy attorney, and he damned well knew that something was fishy about the whole deal.

• Hook 'Em 1

10 minutes ago, The Original Greaser Bob said:

Question to trial lawyers, especially if you've worked with these Paxton attorneys.

Are they tending to be bigger assholes than normal just because of the forum?  In other words, they normally would be better behaved in front of a judge and jury?

Can't speak for others, but Buzbee is a well known asshole.

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Like 1

5 hours ago, kevwun said:

It only takes one guilty vote on an article for him to be impeached and removed.

Yeah, and the fact that his power is tied completely to him being AG, he hasn't had busloads of MAGA types showing up to disrupt things and try and intimidate the Senators, and that he publicly threatened any Republican who voted against him earlier this month, makes me think he's toast on one or more articles.  And Abbott has been extremely quiet.

And the fact that we have 16 articles and none were thrown out on the up-or-down votes on the first day (and there's four more hanging over his head), makes me think he'll be found guilty.  If enough supported him to matter what, we would have clearly seen it on the first day.

And say what we want about Rusty and Co., but there's been more than enough Republicans on the witness stand saying Paxton's ties to Nate Paul were Very Bad (without even touching on the mistress stuff).  And Paxton publicly threatening duly elected Texas legislators last week feeds right into the narrative that is being presented. That threatening the legislators was fucking dumb on Paxton's part, and makes me think he already knows he's out.

• Hook 'Em 2

10 minutes ago, atomheartbevo said:

Yeah, and the fact that his power is tied completely to him being AG, he hasn't had busloads of MAGA types showing up to disrupt things and try and intimidate the Senators, and that he publicly threatened any Republican who voted against him earlier this month, makes me think he's toast on one or more articles.  And Abbott has been extremely quiet.

And the fact that we have 16 articles and none were thrown out on the up-or-down votes on the first day (and there's four more hanging over his head), makes me think he'll be found guilty.  If enough supported him to matter what, we would have clearly seen it on the first day.

And say what we want about Rusty and Co., but there's been more than enough Republicans on the witness stand saying Paxton's ties to Nate Paul were Very Bad (without even touching on the mistress stuff).  And Paxton publicly threatening duly elected Texas legislators last week feeds right into the narrative that is being presented. That threatening the legislators was fucking dumb on Paxton's part, and makes me think he already knows he's out.

Yup. The empty gallery is telling a story here.

11 minutes ago, Pato del Muerto said:

Who’s leading and what inning?

6 minutes ago, Updawg said:

Isn’t it more how Dan Patrick is running it? He’s letting it go. He could have railroaded this if he wanted to. I think Paxton is screwed.

Yeah, if Patrick wanted to protect Paxton, he would have.

Meanwhile…speaking of Patrick

• Haha 1

28 minutes ago, chainsaw said:

Yup. The empty gallery is telling a story here.

Surly tailgate opportunity?   Maybe a handful of Surly shows up, and we all have handkerchiefs that seem innocent. But when put them together (Velcro would be the best, allows us to drop a little banner over the railing that says “OU SUCKS”?

• Drool 2

Yeah, he had a pre-scheduled test drive of a Forester.  Fucking told you guys like 30 posts ago about his car plans this week.  When it comes to Patrick/Paxton/Paul, I kinda know what the fuck I'm talking about years ahead of time.  

Edited by YGIFS
  • Like 1

3 minutes ago, Gengs1 said:

Is a summary of wtf is going on this trail? Haven’t been following it but catch some stuff online about it.

so he had a mistress on the side and his wife is a jury in the trial? Euro Cup Football GIF by Suomen jalkapallo- ja futsalmaajoukkueet

His wife is there because she's a state senator and bound by the Texas constitution to sit in an impeachment trial

1 minute ago, Captainant said:

His wife is there because she's a state senator and bound by the Texas constitution to sit in an impeachment trial

to be fair to Sen. Paxton.  To look as stoic and poised as she did knowing they were discussing a woman, on the record, whom her husband "entered" whilst the gregarious Nate Paul "penetrated' her from another angle...I'd almost vote for her with that kinda grace under fire.  So to speak.  Almost like she'd been there before herself.  

18 minutes ago, atomheartbevo said:

Surly tailgate opportunity?   Maybe a handful of Surly shows up, and we all have handkerchiefs that seem innocent. But when put them together (Velcro would be the best, allows us to drop a little banner over the railing that says “OU SUCKS”?

I went last week around 9:30. Didn't realize you had to have a "ticket" to get in and they were distributed starting at 7:30. Oh damn, I wasted a morning to come up here. 

So I walk around and see the entrance to the Senate gallery. There's two people manning a table with stack of tickets. They hand me one and I walk right in. 

Mistress would describe on the stand how she often put her thumb in Ken’s butthole while spitting a loogie on his nondescript wiener.  Angela would write two pages of handwritten notes, pondering the true cost of keeping a man like Ken satisfied. The following Sunday, both Paxtons would return to Collin County, hold hands in church, and say a prayer of thanksgiving, sure that they are truly the righteous amongst us. 

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Like 3
  • Drool 2

to be fair to Sen. Paxton.  To look as stoic and poised as she did knowing they were discussing a woman, on the record, whom her husband "entered" whilst the gregarious Nate Paul "penetrated' her from another angle...I'd almost vote for her with that kinda grace under fire.  So to speak.  Almost like she'd been there before herself.  

Excuse me, what?

10 hours ago, chainsaw said:

He would just plead the fifth. The mistress probably doesn't add much and would only win sympathy points.

A few fifth amendment pleas from Paul doesn’t help Paxton and could remind the senators who Paxton was serving. Straight up ask him how much he paid Paxton in money and services. Hard to ignore when he refuses to answers a bribe question. Paul’s appearance will also wake everyone up.

As far as calling the girlfriend, I think the consequence to the House mgrs depends how well liked or dislike Angela Paxton is.

Edited by Nice Guy Eddie
  • Hook 'Em 2

10 hours ago, chainsaw said:

He would just plead the fifth. The mistress probably doesn't add much and would only win sympathy points.

I don’t think his mistress on the stand will win sympathy points. If anything it reinforces the leverage Paul had on Paxton. potential blackmail on top of the bribes sews it up nicely.  

And the guy who you are alleging got protection from the feds would be pleading the 5th? I think that helps

if they aren’t called it means the house managers believe they already have the votes imo 

8 hours ago, C-Man said:

Excuse me, what?

Bit of both, projection and real life.  They've both been with the same woman.  Whether or not it was at the same time is obviously a longshot, but in this timeline---who the hell knows?  But I mean c'mon, of all the Uber usernames, Nate picks "D.P." as Ken's alias?  Anything to cement their relationship as they Thelma and Louise their asses off into neverland once this is over with and the Feds and Cartels come for them later in life.  

But yeah, they've fucked the same woman.  Recently.  Perhaps just hours apart.  When your Deputy Attorney General for Legal Strategy leaves your office out of concerns about lack of ethics and seeks out a new position to (and I quote) "fulfill my professional and personal desire to uphold the law to benefit all people in an honorable way", and goes to work for Ted 'fucking' Cruz.  You know you're a piece of shit.  

But yeah, I'm about 15% sure Nate and Ken spit-roasted this broad.

1 hour ago, Nice Guy Eddie said:

A few fifth amendment pleas from Paul doesn’t help Paxton and could remind the senators who Paxton was serving. Straight up ask him how much he paid Paxton in money and services. Hard to ignore when he refuses to answers a bribe question. Paul’s appearance will also wake everyone up.

It would be entertaining for a while I guess but they have limited time and you could tell yesterday they're feeling the time crunch.

2 minutes ago, chainsaw said:

It would be entertaining for a while I guess but they have limited time and you could tell yesterday they're feeling the time crunch.

You just wonder how much more quickly things would have moved along if the head of your prosecution team were not someone used to being at Lubys by 4

4 minutes ago, chainsaw said:

I'm not sure I follow. Wasn't he claiming the feds were conspiring against him?

My understanding is the prosecution is alleging that Paul was seeking protection from the feds from Paxton. Is that not correct?

Edited by Sawbonz
  • Haha 2
  • Drool 1