Hop on the Bandwagon. The 2023 Detroit Lions Thread

Juicy

• 4 months later...
56 minutes ago, Juicy said:

If you need a team to root for this playoffs, the lions are it. 

Could you even handle the double championship this year? That is a lot of t-shirts & hats to buy. Is your entire wardrobe blue?

And don't get carried away quite yet - having 2 playoff wins in the last 66 years is not quite yet a dynasty; I mean there is a lot of shitory (anagrammed history) over all those years, but everyone keeps telling me this is the year, I hope they are right. FWIW, IMO the Packers could do the Leo's a big favor and win again next weekend.
Go Honolulu Blue! 

6 minutes ago, Wally Fairway said:

Could you even handle the double championship this year? That is a lot of t-shirts & hats to buy. Is your entire wardrobe blue?

And don't get carried away quite yet - having 2 playoff wins in the last 66 years is not quite yet a dynasty; I mean there is a lot of shitory (anagrammed history) over all those years, but everyone keeps telling me this is the year, I hope they are right. FWIW, IMO the Packers could do the Leo's a big favor and win again next weekend.
Go Honolulu Blue! 

I am just enjoying the ride after how shitty the lions have been for so long. With the game at home next weekend, there is a legitimate shot that the lions are playing in the NFC championship game and that itself is absolutely wild. 

Would love a rematch of the season opener if they shock the world and make a super bowl. The chiefs look more beatable to the lions than the ravens do. Just based on their games this year. 

• Hook 'Em 2

11 minutes ago, Juicy said:

I am just enjoying the ride after how shitty the lions have been for so long. With the game at home next weekend, there is a legitimate shot that the lions are playing in the NFC championship game and that itself is absolutely wild. 

Would love a rematch of the season opener if they shock the world and make a super bowl. The chiefs look more beatable to the lions than the ravens do. Just based on their games this year. 

Lions vs Texans Super Bowl. The two most tortured fan bases in the NFL finally reach the promised land. I’m pulling for y’all and I hope Lions fans are pulling for the Texans too.

• Hook 'Em 1

25 minutes ago, Macklemore said:

Lions vs Texans Super Bowl. The two most tortured fan bases in the NFL finally reach the promised land. I’m pulling for y’all and I hope Lions fans are pulling for the Texans too.

One of my buddies (from here) is a UT & Texans fan, we were hoping for that Michigan/UT natty, but it would be awesome to see a Lions/Texans Super Bowl. 

I feel like I always hear about how shitty the Texans' ownership is, but I am glad to see they have it on track. Imagine trading up to Pick Bryce Young over CJ. 

• Hook 'Em 1

1 minute ago, LTtxfan said:

Gibbs and Montgomery are a great duo in the Lion backfield -- glad Lions get another home game in the playoffs...

Coach Choice gets to watch one of his boys play another round of the NFL Playoffs !!!

It's that rare "both teams won the trade" situation. 

The Rams got a super bowl. Case closed for them that is a win no matter what you gave up. 

The Lions got a replacement QB (who is pretty damn close to stafford already) and a super solid foundation of players. 

Offensive Skill WR/TE/RB core 

Defensive line depth.

Solid 3rd safety

image.png.ffb6dc624a7cf7cb6b86531ed0ae6f1a.png

I never thought the lions would be playing for a chance to go to the super bowl. 

The 9ers are going to be tough though. The lions play that bend don't break defense and the 9ers just have so many weapons to attack with in the Red Zone. 

Hell of a season, would love for them to be able to pull this one out and get to play in 2 weeks. 

No bandwagon fan here.  I grew up in northern Indiana and the Lions have been my team for 50 years, since I was seven.  They have crushed my hopes over and over but this time it’s 180 degrees different, it is real, and it is built for sustained success.  It’s been a glorious year for me with the Longhorns making the final four too.

• Hook 'Em 3

Some of y'all have the most myopic world views imaginable. How do you get through life?

DKR was a fucking sooner for Christ sake.

I was rooting for Bills v Lions after the Texans laid the 2nd half egg. At this point I just want the Lions to win because fuck the Chiefs & Ravens.

Don't love any of the final four, and don't hate any of them either. 

I'm pulling for the Lions in a big way, just because it would be cool for a shithole like Detroit to win its first ever Super Bowl, followed by the Niners, Ravens, then Chiefs.

• Hook 'Em 3

4 minutes ago, BonzoMontreaux said:

Ok... cool.  and you're right, I've only been a fan for over 40 years

I guess not winning a championship in almost 30 years has softened up the fanbase out in SanFran.

(i kid)

You not on the Brock jock?

I just assumed you guys would be all in.

Im not going to lie, if Michigan wins the natty and a month later the Lions win the super bowl, I am going to quit watching sports. There could never be anything to top that. Just hang em up and go out on top as a fan. 

I told my wife that the natty is going to make me so much calmer for Michigan games in the future because they got to the mountaintop. Someplace i never thought they would reach again. A natty as a kid, and now a natty as an adult. Im good. 

• Hook 'Em 2
  • Like 1

2 hours ago, Dnaguy said:

I guess not winning a championship in almost 30 years has softened up the fanbase out in SanFran.

(i kid)

You not on the Brock jock?

I just assumed you guys would be all in.

Didn't say I didn't care if we won or not.  Last couple of Super Bowls have sucked.  Brock had a rough go early in the year and I had some doubts but that was more of product of Williams being out at LT.   It will be interesting to see if Brock can become that guy who can pull games out when down for Shanahan.  

That being said, Detroit has never played in the big game and that would be awesome to see.  That was the intent of my previous post.  

Who could complain about that?  When the Chiefs beat us a few years back I was down but KC hadn't won in like 50 years so I couldn't get too down.  

2 hours ago, Juicy said:

Im not going to lie, if Michigan wins the natty and a month later the Lions win the super bowl, I am going to quit watching sports. There could never be anything to top that. Just hang em up and go out on top as a fan. 

I had a friend in school from Pittsburgh. Played football in HS in Pittsburg, big UT fan. In 2006, the Longhorns won the National Championship, the Steelers won the superbowl, and in that same season, the high school team he had played for won the state championship. 

4 hours ago, Juicy said:

I told my wife that the natty is going to make me so much calmer for Michigan games in the future because they got to the mountaintop. Someplace i never thought they would reach again. A natty as a kid, and now a natty as an adult. Im good. 

You used the term “natty” four times. Do you actually get action from your wife talking aggy like that?

• Hook 'Em 2

4 hours ago, Juicy said:

1 hour ago, High Plains Drifter said:

I had a friend in school from Pittsburgh. Played football in HS in Pittsburg, big UT fan. In 2006, the Longhorns won the National Championship, the Steelers won the superbowl, and in that same season, the high school team he had played for won the state championship. 

spacer.png

• Hook 'Em 1

-Campbell is a meathead aggy dipshit that threw a hissy fit when the refs didn't go along with his stupid substitution trick play that violated the spirit of the eligible receiver rules.  

-I'm sorry Detroit is a shithole.  Don't live there.  Their team doesn't deserve to win because their fans live in a terrible place.

-Goff is a bitch made pussy.  

-Shanahan is a longhorn.

Go niners.  

• Hook 'Em 2

On 1/23/2024 at 5:53 PM, bschoolprof said:

-Campbell is a meathead aggy dipshit that threw a hissy fit when the refs didn't go along with his stupid substitution trick play that violated the spirit of the eligible receiver rules.  

-I'm sorry Detroit is a shithole.  Don't live there.  Their team doesn't deserve to win because their fans live in a terrible place.

-Goff is a bitch made pussy.  

-Shanahan is a longhorn.

Go niners.  

This. I actually grew up a Lions fan, in Michigan. I was a kid, at the 1989 playoff win. But fuck that redass aggy coach.