2023 Texas @ Alabama - 6pm on ESPN

Pancho

Boom, here I am.  Yes, was very tense at the onset, but we held fast and powered thru the rest of the game.  What I liked the most was how we methodically marched down the field numerous times.  Pushing these Bama fucks around at will.  Can't wait for us to hang 50 on the sooners.

• Hook 'Em 2
  • Like 1

24 minutes ago, CoachTex said:

The ball actually hit Quinn in the chest and rolled out. That was an oh shit reaction with hands to the chest. Football Gods repaying us for our 13 years of deliverance.

23 minutes ago, Huckleberry said:

No way that was called. It would have been asking for a defensive return TD. We got lucky for once. Ewers grabbed his wrist because he's right-handed and was planning to be grabbing the ball. 

Just before that, I was thinking that we were playing a much better game than Bama, but breaks hadn't been going our way. Like, literally just before that play.

That was the sign to me that the breaks would even out.

• Hook 'Em 2

2 minutes ago, Rimbo said:

The biggest deal to me was how few mistakes we made. I kept thinking it, kept my mouth shut 'cuz I didn't wanna jinx it... but wow, we played a really clean game.

I was the same way in the first half, we had two penalties one delay of game on purpose to give us more room to punt, and one hold on the punt that didn't really matter no sloppy penalties

• Hook 'Em 1

41 minutes ago, Fudge Nuggets said:

Any idea that maybe that was the play the whole time?  Push the snap past Quinn, cause mass confusion, let the RB pick it up, get the first down, profit.

I actually questioned whether the play was supposed to be snapped to Sanders. He walked right up behind Ewers and even put his hands down between Ewers legs like he was receiving a snap. 

• Like 2

39 minutes ago, Skipper said:

In case nobody reading the other threads on the board, our leaders (that proceeded to never post shit from the tailgate) said they wanted $50K in the Texas One Fund tonight after we win.  Who else is doing their part.  Load it the fuck up.  These kids, and our future 5 stars, deserve it.

quoted for truth

i got a nickel...

• Hook 'Em 1

Did Sark completely sandbag all of college football with the lackluster, infuriating Rice game in week 1?  Because the horns team that played tonight hangs 70 on the Owls and probably keeps them under 100 yards TO.   
Teams that know bigger and better things are to come have a hard time getting motivated against cupcakes.

IE: both bloU and aggy absolutely mauling their opponent in week one while some of the better teams came out a bit flat but still won decisively.

32 minutes ago, orangebird said:

No worries, I'm not offended.  I got this stuff at a 7-11 in Osaka.  I know it is cheap shit.  Purely a sentimental memento of our trip there.  It's probably more the fact that I had to ride on a goddamn airplane for 14 hours to bring it back from there, so it means a teeny bit more.

Soju goes down easy, but it will sneak up and put grown ass men on their ass if they don't respect it.

If I can't have whiskey, my next go-to is Soju.

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Like 2
  • Haha 1

46 minutes ago, El Squared said:

Bout fucking time!

Hell yeah

We got some guys with some dawg in em finally. 

But can we talk about the discipline! Playing games with these fuckers at the end with that offsides so nice! 

Also we won with class, no fuck you celebrations (other than maybe Anthill on that sack) and mostly just good vibes. No fucking fighting with guys or dumb penalties, just a good ass whooping and celebrations with the team.  Amazing

• Hook 'Em 4
  • Like 2

2 hours ago, Macanudo said:

I'm not sold on how good Bama will be this year but the improvement between how we played against Rice in Week 1 and then Bama 7 days later is phenomenal.   

Improve on it some more against Wyoming next week.  

Wyoming, like rice, already has a big 12 win under its belt this season. 

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Like 1
  • Haha 5

What is this bullshit? Why can’t I give out any more pos rep? Everyone on here deserves some positivity. Just know I love you all all tonight. Even those that I have on ignore. 

73E1C9AC-211B-4841-BD3F-38921A3DD09D.thumb.png.3652dbbb3968031e579da19a2cf3b398.png

I just posrepd you. Try and stop me immamac. If it weren’t for the laws of man and physics, I’d be unstoppable.
  • Hook 'Em 5

• immamac changed the title to 2023 Texas @ Alabama - 6pm on ESPN