Alabama @ USF - ABC

ztejas

4 minutes ago, BamaATL said:

It's clear Milroe is the best talent, but what I can tell you, is that there were rumors in the spring they told him to transfer.  This may run far deeper than just physical ability.  

It does run deeper, all the way to the OL. 

• Hook 'Em 1

5 minutes ago, msucolt45 said:

If they just put Milroe into the VY ‘05 offense, or some form of the RPO, they could run the table on the rest of the season. Don’t take his legs out of the game! I’m just glad he didn’t have 8-10 more designed runs vs us.

Hook’em!!!

Truly. It’s not that difficult to see what needs to happen. RPO, zone read, simple blocking schemes. You have one guy with talent at any skill position on offense and he’s apparently 3rd strong QB.

If they supposedly told him to transfer they never should have played him. All they did was show that they have a talented player and are refusing to play him for reasons.

1 minute ago, ztejas said:

Jesus dude whatever helps you sleep at night. You're losing four games minimum if Milroe gets shelved. 

I'm not making a record prediction here, but I am telling you I think there is way more to this.  The point is, even if we have a terrible season, it's better than having an ok season with a cancer.  Every thing is tight lipped in Tuscaloosa, so rumors are simply that, rumors.  Based on what they are showing, this is this either an unsaid suspension, a teaching moment for him, or they are completely done with him.   

• Hook 'Em 2

3 minutes ago, utee94 said:

As far as I can remember, a 1-loss Texas has never been given the consideration to get into the MNC game/BCS/CFP.   Only time we ever get to play for it all, is when we're undefeated. 

We're not Alabama, we don't get mulligans 66% of the time.

This is silly and entirely dependent on context. We're the biggest brand in cfb. We aren't getting left out of the CFP with 1 loss.

1 minute ago, hobbes2702 said:

Truly. It’s not that difficult to see what needs to happen. RPO, zone read, simple blocking schemes. You have one guy with talent at any skill position on offense and he’s apparently 3rd strong QB.

If they supposedly told him to transfer they never should have played him. All they did was show that they have a talented player and are refusing to play him for reasons.

This is where I am... simple zone read all day would win this game. Milroe scrambling would win this game. I mean, there has to be more to this behind the scenes to not even put him in the game. If he isn't starting the 2nd half, there is most certainly something going on.

2 minutes ago, UTEE97 said:

I wouldn't mind a bit if Bama were to suck the rest of the year. Don't care what others think of our win. As long as we win the conference, we will most likely be in the playoffs and Bama's dynasty coming to an end would be the cherry on top.

The narrative would be that they ended ours and we returned the favor.

Literarily that works very well.

Everyone likes a good story.

• Hook 'Em 5

Some of you are ridiculous. What do you think is more likely:

- Bama was equally this shitty when we played them last week in Tuscaloosa, and when they beat MT by 50 points or whatever

- Bama is having an adverse reaction to losing their first home game by double digits in almost 20 years, and their backup QBs are much worse than their starter 

• Hook 'Em 8

3 minutes ago, BamaATL said:

I'm not making a record prediction here, but I am telling you I think there is way more to this.  The point is, even if we have a terrible season, it's better than having an ok season with a cancer.  Every thing is tight lipped in Tuscaloosa, so rumors are simply that, rumors.  Based on what they are showing, this is this either an unsaid suspension, a teaching moment for him, or they are completely done with him.   

If any of that is true and Saban trots this hot garbage out in the second half he will have to address it publicly. 

• Hook 'Em 1

3 minutes ago, CooterBrown said:

This is aging well.

This is nothing like Notre Dame. We struggled and squeaked out a win vs a bad ND. That's not at all what we did to Bama. We beat the shit out of them, and then put their ass to bed. If they're bad, so be it, but we spanked that bad team. They were not our equals like that bad ND team was.

Enjoy this. This is long-term college football narrative shit. Blue Blood pecking order shit. Fuck Alabama forever for what they did to our Program. This is the favor being returned.

Edited by WelfareBuysMyWeed
  • Hook 'Em 2

4 minutes ago, ztejas said:

- Bama was equally this shitty when we played them last week in Tuscaloosa, and when they beat MT by 50 points or whatever

- Bama is having an adverse reaction to losing their first home game by double digits in almost 20 years, and their backup QBs are much worse than their starter 

The entire team looks as if they were sleepwalking through prep this week.

4 minutes ago, BamaATL said:

You think a guy that has won us 5 national championships has to answer for anything?  Ok.  

You either die a hero or live long enough to see yourself become the villain.

The press loves them a chance to tear down what they have built up.  

(note) I am not saying that outside of some Sandusky kind of thing his legacy isn't very very very secure with all parties, just that the idea that he isn't gonna get roasted and toasted at present is naive.  

Edited by Surly Bevo

The QB suck is the hand, the OL suck is the glove. They are inextricably intertwined.

That pinky ring there in the shape of a turd is Tommy Rees.

I’ve been reading TideFans as a game accompaniment. Welcome back to Earth motherfuckers.

Edited by Mach 1

11 minutes ago, ztejas said:

A bit like how we came out flat last year against UTSA after losing to bama. They need to win this one and get the hell home. 

20 minutes ago, BamaATL said:

You should hope you're right, because the alternative is that Saban's pride has brought an even more precipitous decline than the most optimistic Alabama hater could have predicted. 

• Hook 'Em 1