Texas vs. Kansas - 2:30pm on ABC

Pancho

42 minutes ago, Doc Daneeka said:

Offense dominated except a few red zone failures.

Missed field goals.

Defense gave up a long pass, fluke fumble, and some option runs. 

It was more of an ass kicking than the score showed, imo. 

And then there was Rock Chalk's version ...

Kansas fans should feel positive about the game which was much closer than the final score indicates. KU went on the road against the #3 team in the nation with their backup quarterback and held their own for most of the game.

although to be fair, the title of the article was closer to the mark: 

• Haha 3

Just now, Doc Daneeka said:

I will say, though, everything I saw from their coaches leading up to the game and afterwards has been complimentary of Texas.

Postgame, Leipold was asked why they struggled against the run again and his answer, combined with his tone, was basically “Because they’re really fucking good.”

Yeah I don’t mind KU much. They’re trying to upgrade and the new Big 12 will need it. 

• Hook 'Em 8
  • Like 1

1 minute ago, sith_horn said:

And then there was Rock Chalk's version ...

although to be fair, the title of the article was closer to the mark: 

Kansas didn’t hold their own, they got pushed around all day and Texas demonstrated red zone problems that have been around all season except for Baylor. 

1 hour ago, FORTY NINE TO ZERO said:

if he goes we would be undisputed RBU… 3 of last three running backs would be in the league 

That seems like it's good, to me. Is that good?

1 hour ago, B00M said:

I mean he’s not really wrong, just silly to talk about Bama right now 

Texas is so good we can play like shit and still make it laughable 

It really is cool to win by that margin given some things that went on during this game.

56 minutes ago, Michael Knight said:

first time GIF

This one never gets old.

44 minutes ago, Js1 said:

Just go after whatever kicker Mack recruits. 

this gif

20 minutes ago, Horndog said:

I'll take a Happy Feller and a Russell Erxleben.

Erxleben minus the extortion...

18 minutes ago, Lhorn said:

Frustrated World Cup GIF
661… damn…

This is how you win a football game.

Edited by jw4381

13 minutes ago, Doc Daneeka said:

Kansas didn’t hold their own, they got pushed around all day and Texas demonstrated red zone problems that have been around all season except for Baylor. 

Strange game,  you're right we dominated everything but were only up 6 late in the third. 

I was having flashbacks. 

1 hour ago, ATXbronco said:

I didn't even notice the "previous two games" stats but nice catch on that!

324 yards over the last two games, don't pay attention to what ESPN said.

image.thumb.png.21c7c57b8d2cfa813b56cf824da3e2f6.png

edit: for Jonathan Brooks

It was saying the last 2 games (Baylor and Wyoming) vs today. 

2 hours ago, sith_horn said:

I imagine some are also unimpressed with the name Kansas and not giving them credit for being a pretty good football team, which they are.

Unless someone left on our schedule has the light switch come on, Kansas has the best offense we will face this regular season (possibly post season also).

It's not surprising they kept it close the first half. Most decent teams in the Big 12 are going to. We will see the some super human (CO vs USC) type of shit until we finally wear them down and break them.  Especially after we  mudhole Mobilehoma next week. Not only do they all want to give us a ding on the way out, but knocking us out of playoff contention is the wettest of wet dreams for the B12 schools. It will be like the old SWC days when every conference game  was THE RIVALRY game for the other school. 

1 minute ago, Gaffords said:

Unless someone left on our schedule has the light switch come on, Kansas has the best offense we will face this regular season (possibly post season also).

It's not surprising they kept it close the first half. Most decent teams in the Big 12 are going to. We will see the some super human (CO vs USC) type of shit until we finally wear them down and break them.  Especially after we  mudhole Mobilehoma next week. Not only do they all want to give us a ding on the way out, but knocking us out of playoff contention is the wettest of wet dreams for the B12 schools. It will be like the old SWC days when every conference game  was THE RIVALRY game for the other school. 

One might, imo, reasonably argue that Texas kept it close in the first half. 

• Hook 'Em 4

5 minutes ago, DigglerontheHoof said:

I avoid in-game threads at all costs.  They're like being stuck between 10 of the most negative chuckle-fucks you inevitably get stuck next to at any Texas game you attend.  You know the cunt.  He's constantly declaring the end of the world any time a play isn't 110% in Texas' favor. 

A football game is 60 minutes, but reading a game thread, you'd think every single minute is a fucking catastrophe. 

It’s end if the world after one snap

21 minutes ago, DigglerontheHoof said:

I avoid in-game threads at all costs.  They're like being stuck between 10 of the most negative chuckle-fucks you inevitably get stuck next to at any Texas game you attend.  You know the cunt.  He's constantly declaring the end of the world any time a play isn't 110% in Texas' favor. 

A football game is 60 minutes, but reading a game thread, you'd think every single minute is a fucking catastrophe. 

So you know my FIL.  After the first series, every game is "over".

• Like 1

20 minutes ago, DigglerontheHoof said:

welp, when sideshow missed his 2nd kick, it was pretty much feeling catastrophic

• Hook 'Em 2
  • Like 1
  • Rage+1 1

4 hours ago, Valmy77 said:

We need possessions more than field position. 

Agreed, but it’s been a problem all year. They are giving up a lot of field position. Shouldn’t be too much to ask to field the punt in the air. Might come back to bite them at some point. Certainly didn’t matter in this game.