How not to sit with Blow U

MikeUT8750

13 minutes ago, MikeUT8750 said:

Frat boy, huh?

I am going to help you out for a second, you and your fat white women can get the fuck out of the endzone and never reappear. There is a reason no one is answering you and everyone is making fun of you.

• Hook 'Em 3
  • Like 1

3 minutes ago, MisterP said:

I am going to help you out for a second, you and your fat white women can get the fuck out of the endzone and never reappear. There is a reason no one is answering you and everyone is making fun of you.

Take it up with the University "bro", thats a school sactioned student organization with ,yes, first choice at seats. 

• Fuck You 1

5 minutes ago, Roofle said:

Ringing endorsement for Hellraisers that, 20 years after graduating, you can’t afford a ticket.

Same dude, doing the same things, just fast forwarded a few years.

God damn some of you are salty lol. I said within my budget, not "i cant afford them".  Some of yall forgot how to enjoy yoursleves and grumpied your way into Texags territory. Loosen up, no one is taking your hypothetical seats. 

32 minutes ago, MikeUT8750 said:

Easy its called "take the stick out your ass" 

Hey you fucking nerd, how do you feel about posting now?

Are you going to tell your friends in the montly email to wear more jeans that dont fit that fat girls? 

Edited by MisterP

10 minutes ago, mdmost said:

Always impressive when someone decides to play suicide by Surly. 

Well got damn I used to be on here quite regularly in the Shaggy days but when you come in here for some good, natured funny advice about swapping tickets from OU fans and the "get off my lawn crowd" gets their panties in a bunch because they think you are going to be wedging yourself into their hypothetical premium seats, yea its kinda strange lol. Let alone the whole Hellraiser thing. Bunch of old ass men angry at some college kids because they did god knows what to them in 1992. But i suppose releasing it on the Shag is better then seeing a therapist.  

• Haha 2
  • Fuck You 5

2 hours ago, Gil Bang said:

In CA, booze is sold at grocery stores, so I rarely need to go to a liquor store.  Anyway, a year or two ago, my local liquor store changed hands.  It was a dump, and the new owners really cleaned the place up, remodeled, new lighting, etc.  

I went in after the remodel, and was blown away.  I was in the process of complimenting the new owner when I noticed a bottle of Pappy Van Winkle on the shelf behind him.  "I'm all WTF how did you get that?"   Guy tells me that he really wanted to have in on the shelf for status, and told the liquor distributor that it was very important to him. The distributor told him I'll get you a bottle, but you must buy 100 cases of fireball.

Owner tells me "you know anybody that drinks the shit, tell them I'm selling it at cost to get it the fuck out of my store". 

BTW: Pappy was priced at $1,999,99.

So I wondered if the guy still has some bottles from his original order, and consulted the internet to find out how many bottles in a case of fireball. 

I still don’t have that answer, as the internet apparently only thinks I’m a consumer and is only serving me retail product. 

which is how I found out that fireball is packaged for sale in a 5.25 liter keg.  And also in a sleeve of forty 50ml bottles. 

anywho even at 10 bottles a case that’s 1000 bottles and at a 2 year timeframe, that’s like 1.2 bottles a day if they’re open 7 days a week and every day of the year.  So, probably?

22 hours ago, MikeUT8750 said:

So we got tickets but sitting in the blow U section. Any idea how to wedge ourselves on the Texas side? Any ideas? OU ticket sawps?  Any surlyhorns wanting two more to sit with them? (Im an old Hellrasier btw c/o 07) any one ever remedy this problem? Sorry for posting in Ticket exchange but i cant post in the football forum yet 

I don’t what the appropriate term is. Look for these seats: 

image.png.d14d8edbf13c6e28b434c6f079674af2.png

If somebody needs the seat, they’ll let you know and move on. If Cotton Bowl ushers suddenly starting giving a shit at $7.25 an hour, it would be news to all of us. 

Edited by billfromlaketravis

I thought the hellraisers were cool when i was in high school seeing them on tv. Then they pulled the line cutting shit in front at least a hundred people who had been waiting for hours. Afterthat me and everyone I know hated them and still do. 

I made fun of blue hairs too....until I was about 28.

Anyway. Good luck, have fun, but please respect your fellow Horns. Especially us old fucks.

We can afford better attorneys or may probably be one.

Edited by MissingInAction
  • Hook 'Em 1

12 minutes ago, Pato del Muerto said:

So I wondered if the guy still has some bottles from his original order, and consulted the internet to find out how many bottles in a case of fireball. 

I still don’t have that answer, as the internet apparently only thinks I’m a consumer and is only serving me retail product. 

which is how I found out that fireball is packaged for sale in a 5.25 liter keg.  And also in a sleeve of forty 50ml bottles. 

anywho even at 10 bottles a case that’s 1000 bottles and at a 2 year timeframe, that’s like 1.2 bottles a day if they’re open 7 days a week and every day of the year.  So, probably?

It's also sold in 750 ml and 1.5 liter bottles.  Which, I can have delivered to my home in 20 minutes.  Not that I would ever do such a thing.

8 minutes ago, MissingInAction said:

I thought the hellraisers were cool when i was in high school seeing them on tv. Then they pulled the line cutting shit in front at least a hundred people who had been waiting for hours. Afterthat me and everyone I know hated them and still do. 

So, did they get their asses kicked?

6 minutes ago, MissingInAction said:

Anyway. Good luck, have fun, but please respect your fellow Horns. Especially us old fucks.

So did I when I was deployed in OEF. That's where I first saw them, this game in 2002 on a fucking satellite tv, damn. So when I got in they were the first group I joined. Yep they were rowdy, drinkers and LOVED Texas Football. It was a blast being with people who loved Texas as much as I did. We had bad ass parties and I fucking loved it.  I know the frats always had a problem with them. Most of those dues didn't/dont come from money like a lot of the fratty kids, so yea, they do what they can to keep the group together at football games and the Richy Rich types took/take offense. The Universtiy loves em so thats all that matters. And Milhouse was right, straight out of the military, empty ass pockets i did what I could to go to games, including a 100 dollar handshake.  They are still in every sense of the word 'college kids', UT college kids at that. So some of the old guy hate is pretty wild especially from those claiming they have "money'.

But at least from my behalf its all respect to the shag. The culture was different when I left in 2017, Its getting a bit Texaggy with some people but to each thier own, this dude gets off bashing college kids in a student organization? more power to him. Its all fun (well for most of us) especially the shit i knew I was going to take for the Fireball reference but I dont dirty delete.   

• Hook 'Em 4
  • Fuck You 1

1 hour ago, Pato del Muerto said:

Case is 12.

1 hour ago, Gil Bang said:

It's also sold in 750 ml and 1.5 liter bottles.

1.75*

• Hook 'Em 1

1 hour ago, MissingInAction said:

Texas needs our own NAFO. 

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Haha 2
  • Drool 1

My strategy would be act respectful on their side.  Once the game gets ugly, gloat like a mf’er as they head for the gates.  If you are into schaudenfreude, you might have great seats.  I sat amongst a lot of Michigan and USC fans at the Rosebowls and drank heavily of their tears as VY turned their arrogance into stunned defeat. 
bart simpson loser GIF

Edited by Lhorn
  • Hook 'Em 2

7 minutes ago, Lhorn said:

My strategy would be act respectful on their side.  Once the game gets ugly, gloat like a mf’er as they head for the gates.  If you are into schaudenfreude, you might have great seats.  
bart simpson loser GIF

lol I've learned to bite my tounge a bit with those bastards, especially after the 02'/ 03' beatdowns. The fair was brutal after those. Aggy is another story....fuck em. 

Edited by MikeUT8750

On 10/5/2023 at 1:01 AM, millhouse said:

I've literally seen @MikeUT8750do a $100 handshake to get into the game (after hitting up a pawn shop to get the money for it). You'll find a way to work your way over

Does this move still work? I utilized this method a few times in the aughts, but feel like they've replaced the laid-back, older ticket-takers with teens who are scared of getting into trouble.

12 minutes ago, Saint Austin said:

Does this move still work? I utilized this method a few times in the aughts, but feel like they've replaced the laid-back, older ticket-takers with teens who are scared of getting into trouble.

It been in years, this particular year was 08. Some old black guy came up to me and some other middle aged couple looking for tickets. Told us he'd get us in for 100 bucks each but once in we were on our own. He said "im walking you up to the gate you'll see my cousin, im going to tell her "you are ok" and you just keep walking past,  dont look around, dont hesitate, just walk, when you get in the gate my cousin will be waiting on the inside. You give him the 100." Dude collected 300. Who knows how many people he got in that way. The second I got in Jordan Shipley broke that 80 yard kick off return puttimg us on the board. Its the fair man, im sure there are pleanty of people still pulling those tricks. Good luck

23 hours ago, TXSooner518 said:

This. We had some people wedging into our row a few years ago and people couldn't sit down during timeouts etc because of it, and when we called them out on it, they acted like we were the assholes for trying to actually get what we had paid a premium for. GTFOH.

I've sat on the Texas side in 1999 (my second OU/TX, was very drunk, by myself in that seat (my friends had already gotten tickets in OU side), and talked A LOT of shit when it was 17-0)), 2000, 2001, 2008, 2011, and on the 50ish in 1995 and one other year. Wife hates sitting on the opposite side, so I don't anymore, but it can really be fun, especially if you are around people who can have some goodnatured shittalking fun without devolving into violent cromags. 

And since we're going to beat that ass tomorrow, he should definitely sit on the OU side.