Outcoached

Pancho

10 minutes ago, satyanash said:

blOU is going to take the rivalry series lead in my lifetime. I've more or less resigned myself to this. The margin has shrunk to 12 now (63 wins, 51 losses, five ties).

Venables, Riley, Stoops - every fucking coach blOU hires turns them into a juggernaut by year 2. Meanwhile we dick around with coaches who always need 'more time', or 'better player execution', or 'just one more recruiting class', or whatnot.

Everyone neg this dickhead.  He’s a fucking idiot and that should be apparent but I guess it is not.  You negative cunt.  Either we will see these bitches again or they will lose their next game.  We gifted them 7 right off the bat.

• Hook 'Em 4
  • Haha 1

3 minutes ago, lilMAC25 said:

😂

on the 3rd one, OU sent an 11 man blitz. A minimum of 4 players hit brooks when he go the ball, because they knew what was coming. 

completely outcoached.

you would defend the guy if he fucked your wife in front of you.

I will show you when the film comes. We ran right by the guy and blocked no one. As usual you don't know what you are looking at and discount all the things that were working running the exact same plays to talk about the few that didn't.

• Like 1

24 minutes ago, Poe It Up said:

Sark’s due a few of these each season. It’s just who he is unfortunately.

And this is a huge issue. Maybe the 12 team playoff fixes it but right now, there is almost zero room for error. This isn't the NFL where you can lose 4-5 games and still win it all.

1 minute ago, Pato del Muerto said:

That goal to go series was poor, for sure.  How much practice do sweat and Murphy have at locating a man to block and then blocking them?  Plus, do they really need the extra snaps in a game where they are working hard on defense for 40-50 snaps?  
not sure that’s the right package to declare what you are doing and then doing what you declared. 

so no, sark was not perfect. 

Worthy would have scored on 4th down if they didn't pull his facemask

• Hook 'Em 3
  • Rage+1 2

1 minute ago, Fondren & Main said:

Everyone neg this dickhead.  He’s a fucking idiot and that should be apparent but I guess it is not.  You negative cunt.  Either we will see these bitches again or they will lose their next game.  We gifted them 7 right off the bat.

You're obviously new... put him on ignore and please don't quote him

8 minutes ago, TexArcher said:

Let me get this straight...

We were missing 4 starters most of the game.

We turned the ball over 3 times.

We dropped a pick in our own end zone.

We committed a bunch of mental penalties.

And we still almost won. 

And you think it's the coach's fault that we didn't?

Yeah, the goal line stand playcalling sucked.  But, the fake punt was great.  The 4th and 1 touchdown pass was great.  Sark did not lose this game, guys.  We made too many mistakes on the field.

And, we're going to win the rematch in a couple of months.  

Smartest summery is smart 

5 minutes ago, Pancho said:

It’s funny being negged by @ztejas @Atticus and @Sir Ulrich without an explanation on their end why this WASN”T coaching that lost this for us

We had 3 turnovers, twice the penalties/yardage and lost our starting center on the 2nd drive. Yet we were leading with a minute left and needed 1 play on either of the last two drives. These losses happen to everyone at some point in the college game. 

• Hook 'Em 3
  • Like 1

3 minutes ago, Thatguy said:

I will show you when the film comes. We ran right by the guy and blocked no one. As usual you don't know what you are looking at and discount all the things that were working running the exact same plays to talk about the few that didn't.

🤣

even if we didn’t block the correct guy, that is 100% on Sark for putting 2 defensive linemen  in the offensive backfield and asking them to read the defense and block the correct guys instead of guys who do that all the time.

Edited by lilMAC25

3 minutes ago, Pancho said:

You are a fool if you don’t think Sark was Outcoached even just a bit today. You know it’s true.

"Sark had his lunch eaten early, then adjusted and we came back"

We got outplayed and outphysicaled. We should have been able to lean on these guys, make tackles, get penetration, etc. These things happen in football.

Poor coaching throughout gets us blown out in this game. 

• Hook 'Em 1

27 minutes ago, 52-80 said:

im just here for the overreactions

Here's an overreaction for ya.

Since I was a kid, I have been watching UT football for 50 years (dad was alum and so am I).

The two biggest big game CHOKE jobs in those 50 years have come with Sark vs. OU. 

-- blowing an 18 point lead with 17 minutes left in 2021.

-- can't score with 1st down on OU 1 yard line. That's where the game was lost today. 

Sark is nice guy with a great story, but he ain't the guy to win national or even conference titles. 

• Hook 'Em 5

Not sure the thread title was accurate, but we were out-executed just enough times to make the difference.

In years past I would be in "fire everyone, implode DKR" mode, but this year we just have to get better in certain areas. Something tells me this won't be the last time playing the gooners, we have to make the second one something to remember.

• Hook 'Em 2

1 minute ago, lilMAC25 said:

🤣

even if we didn’t block the correct guy, that is 100% on Sark for putting 2 defensive linemen  in the offensive backfield and asking them to read the defense and block the correct guys instead of guys who do that all the time.

You have no idea what we practice and what we don't. You are only saying that because it didn't work...per usual. You want coaches to call "the touchdown play", and when they don't work it's always the coach called bad plays. Like we all knew you've been sitting here stewing and waiting for us to have a bad game so you can jump right on your "this is who he is" train.

• Hook 'Em 2
  • Like 2
  • Haha 1

3 minutes ago, davi34 said:

lol, who is the right hire? We have been wondering the fucking desert for 10+ years trying to figure it out. 

Wish I knew the answer but he's soft and this may seem dumb but, during pregame he was mic'd up talking to players on the field as they came out and what is he saying? 

"Have a great day, have fun out there"

I about vomited, wrong time for that type of coddling 

Edited by Smax

2 minutes ago, BevoAbyss said:

Since I was a kid, I have been watching UT football for 50 years (dad was alum and so am I).

The two biggest big game CHOKE jobs in those 50 years have come with Sark vs. OU. 

-- can't score with 1st down on OU 1 yard line. That's where the game was lost today. 

Sark is nice guy with a great story, but he ain't the guy to win national or even conference titles. 

Calm down. 

with your age you should definitely remember Tech in 08

Just now, Smax said:

Wish I knew the answer but he's soft and this may seem dumb but, during pregame he was mic'd up talking to players on the field as they came out and what is he saying? 

"He guy have a great day, have fun out there"

I wish my coach was Jiimbo Fisher is a weird hill to die on but you be you

• Haha 1

5 minutes ago, BevoAbyss said:

65-13....0-12 with VY and THIS is the game you thought was the biggest choke? Lol

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Like 1
  • Haha 2

1 minute ago, Smax said:

"He guy have a great day, have fun out there"

You want your guys to play loose, and they didn't. The back 7 of the defense needs to be reevaluated during the bye. The linebackers looked horrible most of the game. The DL was getting pushed back consistently. We missed multiple tackles because we were out of control.

The moment was too big for many of them. Ewers got his head on straight, but Jaylan Ford and David Gbenda were lost for much of the day. 

• Hook 'Em 1

On display today was the same sloppiness that we’ve been starting games with (except Bama which was largely scripted and practiced for some time), 3 TOs though and almost won. My issue with Sark was going for the FG at the end. Should have tried for a first down not play for a FG. If time had run out great. We gave them too much time. It’s his flaw. I still maintain very few HCs have been able to be a HC and an OC and Sark seems like he can’t either. Jmo. Flame away! Great atmosphere as always but losing takes it all out of the fair. Fuck. Hope we can get a rematch and win Big 12. I know season isn’t lost but I had high hopes for today and like a sniper UT shoots my heart out every fucking time. 

• Hook 'Em 2
  • Like 1
  • Rage+1 1

25 minutes ago, lilMAC25 said:

The 4 runs on the goal line?

Up tempo with 4 min left leaving OU with plenty of time to drive for the winning score?

Running the ball on 3-9?

Im sure there are plenty of other instances.

and don't forget going hurry up on our last drive of the 1st half.

that left :02 for ousux to get a fg and flip the game

2 minutes ago, Thatguy said:

You have no idea what we practice and what we don't. You are only saying that because it didn't work...per usual. You want coaches to call "the touchdown play", and when they don't work it's always the coach called bad plays. Like we all knew you've been sitting here stewing and waiting for us to have a bad game so you can jump right on your "this is who he is" train.

it wasn’t just playcalling. He had other issues today as well.

Zero chance those two guys have as much collegiate experience blocking as OL and TE. Zero.

We failed to capitalize on the enormous momentum the program had been experiencing so far this season. I thought Sark's approach to the game was almost Mack Brownish. It's not the end of season, however. We still have everything in front of us. Hope we can run the table from here on.

• Hook 'Em 3
  • Haha 2

I don't know the metrics to decide if we were "out coached" or not, but there were definitely a few head scratching decisions.

Those 4 plays from the 1 yard line are an obvious start, but as frustrating was the field goal drive at the end of the game.  I would have preferred to see the 4 minute offense so that we either scored with very little time left, or went to OT.  I felt like the offense was playing too fast.  There was always plenty of time on the play clock at the snap.  

And then going into prevent defense at the end of the game was so fucking frustrating.  I hate the prevent defense in that situation.

• Hook 'Em 1

29 minutes ago, Dahobbs said:

Disagree. Player execution was by far and away the primary problem. Ford was completely lost and ineffective all game. We missed tons of tackles, including on the last drive. And let's not forget 3 turnovers and inability to get any push up front when it mattered. 

And they simply tried harder.  Look at how their RBs and Receivers carried our guys for an extra 2-4 yards and our RBs and Receivers went down.  Look at how much better their receivers blocked our dbs vs. ours whiffing.  Look at them getting 6 sacks and us only getting 1.

• Hook 'Em 2
  • Like 1

27 minutes ago, TexArcher said:

Let me get this straight...

We were missing 4 starters most of the game.

We turned the ball over 3 times.

We dropped a pick in our own end zone.

We committed a bunch of mental penalties.

And we still almost won. 

And you think it's the coach's fault that we didn't?

Yeah, the goal line stand playcalling sucked.  But, the fake punt was great.  The 4th and 1 touchdown pass was great.  Sark did not lose this game, guys.  We made too many mistakes on the field.

And, we're going to win the rematch in a couple of months.  

This guy fucks!

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Fuck You 1

4 minutes ago, lilMAC25 said:

it wasn’t just playcalling. He had other issues today as well.

Zero chance those two guys have as much collegiate experience blocking as OL and TE. Zero.

TE or OL? You are a lead blocker. You come through a hole and identify the first man and put a hat on him. Basic fuckin football. What you don't do is run right by everyone and don't block anyone. Sark settled his QB down and got him rolling. He found plays in the run game to get Brooks loose. He had a well designed fake, and schemed Helm open on the 4th down play. He went uptempo and did the same thing they did to us and slowed down their pass rush. Offense was rolling. We didn't make the plays on defense when it mattered, and guys were right there to make them. Both coaches called a game. OU beat us on the legs on Gabriel. We had no answer for that from an athletic standpoint. He abused Ford all game, who was right there.

• Hook 'Em 3

41 minutes ago, bschoolprof said:

Well, it wasn't just the in-game coaching.  The gameplans and prep were shitty too, particularly on defense.  Good job boys.  

Yeah. That felt like a bigger mismanagement than the calls, but I don’t know much about shit. I’m interested to see the snap counts for the d. Looked like we played more guys on the d-line early on every other game we’ve played than this one. Sweat looked dead at the end of the 2nd quarter. Ford normally plays every snap, so not sure why he had such heavy feet today. 

24 minutes ago, Fondren & Main said:

Really.  We are +2 since DKR arrived.  And we've won 4 out of 12, including 49-0 during the worst period we've had since the 1930s.  And them winning 5 of the last 6 is the difference since DKR left.  Before that we were even over 42 years.

16 minutes ago, Pato del Muerto said:

I’m not so sure he didn’t score. Tip of ball was very close to the white, before his ass touched the ground. But nobody seemed to say anything. 

They looked at it.  I think he was an inch short, but it was really close.

41 minutes ago, satyanash said:

blOU is going to take the rivalry series lead in my lifetime. I've more or less resigned myself to this. The margin has shrunk to 12 now (63 wins, 51 losses, five ties).

Venables, Riley, Stoops - every fucking coach blOU hires turns them into a juggernaut by year 2. Meanwhile we dick around with coaches who always need 'more time', or 'better player execution', or 'just one more recruiting class', or whatnot.

We always need 3-4 years to rebuild. OU never seems to take that long.