Israel-Hamas war thread

Brisketexan

18 minutes ago, Buzzrock said:

Don’t know if this link will work for non-subscribers but this shows the network of tunnels in Gaza and the ones that Israel says they destroyed. 

https://www.wsj.com/livecoverage/israel-hamas-war-biden/card/map-shows-labyrinth-of-tunnels-made-by-hamas-under-gaza-identified-by-israel-IieNDixn5Bs78HeUi46v

interesting read - non paywall'd article

https://archive.ph/TQxas

• Hook 'Em 2

18 minutes ago, Buzzrock said:

Don’t know if this link will work for non-subscribers but this shows the network of tunnels in Gaza and the ones that Israel says they destroyed. 

https://www.wsj.com/livecoverage/israel-hamas-war-biden/card/map-shows-labyrinth-of-tunnels-made-by-hamas-under-gaza-identified-by-israel-IieNDixn5Bs78HeUi46v

The west battled people fighting out of tunnels once. The man in the black pyjamas. (Worthy fucking adversary)

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, InkaUtexas said:

Yep, certain places. Agree. Dad has told stories of having to go rescue missionary groups in Vietnam because the lord would protect them, until the NVA said nah....

same with peace activists killed in Central America for driving through checkpoints, or arrested for hiding weapons for the FMLN or Sendero.

We tend to respond to these dumbs hits. WNBA star out front should have told you.  

• Hook 'Em 3

Shit is going to continue to spread. Wait until Friday. The streets are going to be nothing but protests. Richer Arab countries there will be confined. Poorer Arab countries they will be rampant. Sucks to own a US Franchise in the region. Would not be surprised if we started to pull non-essential personnel from embassies and dependents. 

• Rage+1 3

2 hours ago, InkaUtexas said:

Yep, certain places. Agree. Dad has told stories of having to go rescue missionary groups in Vietnam because the lord would protect them, until the NVA said nah....

same with peace activists killed in Central America for driving through checkpoints, or arrested for hiding weapons for the FMLN or Sendero.

We tend to respond to these dumbs hits. WNBA star out front should have told you.  

my evangelical days I was in a church closely aligned with the church in waco where those "missionaries" that were kidnapped in Afghanistan were from. nut jobs man, fucking whackos. yes I realize that might  ake me a whacko but moose out front shoulda already confirmed that for all of you.

• Hook 'Em 1

2 hours ago, Brisketexan said:

You know, state department warnings be damned, I'm not going to stop visiting New Orleans.  My family's roots run deep there, and I can't quit the deliciousness or the libertine vibe.  So sue me.

yeah, but see, the Surly would organize our own rescue group to go and get you. We need our Ledge boss. 

Take cover in Galatoire's.  I'll be there Friday around noon to rescue you!

• Hook 'Em 2
  • Haha 1

Yep, certain places. Agree. Dad has told stories of having to go rescue missionary groups in Vietnam because the lord would protect them, until the NVA said nah..

Ummm, I think that story line was one of the Rambo movies.

34 minutes ago, troph said:

my evangelical days I was in a church closely aligned with the church in waco where those "missionaries" that were kidnapped in Afghanistan were from. nut jobs man, fucking whackos. yes I realize that might  ake me a whacko but moose out front shoulda already confirmed that for all of you.

Oh yeah Antioch. One time I took a special lady friend to the zoo and one of those whackos was trying to convert the patrons at the elephant exhibit until she was asked to leave. It didn't look like she was having a successful crusade against the Sunday morning zoo patrons from hell. 

At Baylor some dude asked me if I knew Jesus after class and of course the standard answer is "oh yeah man" with a default local Baptist church to mention as my home church in case they asked where I went. I told him I went there and he said, "you really ought to go to Antioch if you value your soul." They're really a special breed and when I mentioned to him that their preacher didn't go to any seminary it really pissed him off.

You know reading their thoughts on marriage, it does sound like the wife and I should switch over to there.

Marriage is the uniting of one man and one woman in covenant commitment for a lifetime.  The husband and wife are of equal worth before God, since both are created in God’s image. A husband is to love his wife as Christ loved the church. He has the God-given responsibility to provide for, to protect and to lead his family. A wife is to submit herself graciously to the servant leadership of her husband even as the church willingly submits to the headship of Christ. She, being in the image of God as is her husband and thus equal to him, has the God-given responsibility to respect her husband and to serve as his companion in managing the household and nurturing the next generation. Children, from the moment of conception, are a blessing and heritage from the Lord. Parents are to demonstrate to their children God’s pattern for marriage.

Edited by SimonBolivar
  • Haha 1

11 minutes ago, 956 Worldwide said:

One thing that should be kept in mind from the air strike that wasn’t. The same Palestinian health authorities, which announced that 500 people died at the hospital, are the same folks that release the overall death and injury tolls within Gaza for the conflict. 

Are you implying that Israel hasn't killed $Texas Palestinian civilians so far? 

• Hook 'Em 1

1 hour ago, troph said:

Blaming Spider-Man GIF

58 minutes ago, Claire Voyant said:

Let me bring up a reasonable assessment I saw elsewhere that feels correct. 

Our version of July Crisis. 

The USA (Germany) is giving Israel (Austria) the blank check to invade Gaza (Serbia). 

Awesome!

If we're reaching back 100 years for history, the Russian Tsar (Putin) should remember what happened to the last Tsar and his family (fucking dead) when he FAFO. 

• Hook 'Em 1

1 hour ago, 956 Worldwide said:

One thing that should be kept in mind from the air strike that wasn’t. The same Palestinian health authorities, which announced that 500 people died at the hospital, are the same folks that release the overall death and injury tolls within Gaza for the conflict. 

Media reports it as fact. 

• Rage+1 1

28 minutes ago, troph said:

Media reports it as fact. 

I preface by saying that I’m a dinosaur media fan. Really, they’re good.

There is a blind spot and it’s this- they value impartiality over not being manipulated. Every fucking time. It’s an institutional bias.

I called them out for this in the Ukraine thread, before the full invasion. They’d be quoting Lavrov or some shit andhedging by noting “ Lavrov said” and no context that Lavrov lies all the fucking time and was on his third different version of whatever he was lying about at the moment.

So they’ll continue to hedge by noting “Palestinian health authorities claim” and no context that the authorities answer to a terrorist movement. 

• Hook 'Em 6

7 minutes ago, 956 Worldwide said:

I preface by saying that I’m a dinosaur media fan. Really, they’re good.

There is a blind spot and it’s this- they value impartiality over not being manipulated. Every fucking time. It’s an institutional bias.

I called them out for this in the Ukraine thread, before the full invasion. They’d be quoting Lavrov or some shit andhedging by noting “ Lavrov said” and no context that Lavrov lies all the fucking time and was on his third different version of whatever he was lying about at the moment.

So they’ll continue to hedge by noting “Palestinian health authorities claim” and no context that the authorities answer to a terrorist movement. 

Providing the source is not a hedge though. The only way it’s a true hedge is if they say as reported by the Palestinian health authority and this claim has not been corroborated. 

And coincidentally when the IDF said it wasn’t israel major media hedged on that saying unconfirmed. 

Hamas PR gets waaaaaay to much leeway and credibility. 

• Hook 'Em 2

2 hours ago, Frank Drebin said:

Bunch of … protesters with Palestine flags … in Houston at Israeli consulate.  Cops are everywhere.  59 and Weslayan.  

They were chanting “We don’t want two States; we want ‘48!”

Translation: One Palestine (without Jews), from the river to the sea. 

When you think about all of this, the centuries long violence between these peoples over such small areas of 'holy' land.  It's the fault of Yahweh/God/Allah.  He puts 'em a little paper bag and just lets 'em rip.  "Here's the known world, this area of the Middle East, much of Europe, a bit of SW Asia, and Northern Africa.  That's all there is, here's the list of people I've already killed, do as I say or I'll kill you too, in the meantime-feel free to duke it out amongst one another based on vague interpretations I may or may not have said/written centuries/millennia ago.  

All he had to do was say, "Cut it out.  I was just fucking with you.  There's plenty of land and I'll just make it 'Holy' by saying it's 'Holy.'  Here's the rest of Africa, Northern Europe, 3/4 of Asia you didn't know about, Oceania-Australia, and oh yeah-two continents on the other side of the world each way bigger than the 'known' world I've led you to believe was all there was...North & South America."

This isn't a holy war over land between divergent peoples.  It's some folks who've been stuck with a really shitty real estate agent for 2000 years.  And they're taking out their frustration on one another.  God lied to them.

• Like 1

21 minutes ago, YGIFS said:

This isn't a holy war over land between divergent peoples.  It's some folks who've been stuck with a really shitty real estate agent for 2000 years.  And they're taking out their frustration on one another.  God lied to them.

Wrong.

the-rapture-statue-of-liberty.gif

• Haha 3
  • Drool 1