Pierre Poilievre media interview

bernorange

54 minutes ago, Fudge Nuggets said:

Who?

37 minutes ago, Pescado_Rojo said:

some fringy crypto-bro set up a skit so he could pwn a fringy reporter no one has heard of. 

I did not know who he was before seeing the video this morning as I don't pay attention to Canadian politics.  I thought the exchange where he questions the reporter was funny.  Apparently he might be Canada's next Prime Minister.

Trudeau, 51, has defied low polling numbers before, to win three elections, starting in 2015. A federal election is not due until October 2025, a decade after he first took power. Right now, most opinion polls show Trudeau significantly trailing his newest rival, Conservative leader Pierre Poilievre.

https://www.reuters.com/world/americas/canadas-trudeau-far-behind-polls-remains-liberals-best-chance-2023-10-11/

Eating an apple during an interview.... is that some kind of scripted power move?

Don't know the guy but I laughed at the 'common sense' exchange.

Make Common Sense Common again?

Does that make his movement ful of MCoSCA-ers?

There's a whole universe of famous people that most people have never heard of. Like this guy. They all name drop each other leading to more confusion. They also always own people in interviews. I guess they get to judge that for themselves.

For some reason I was watching a Tim Pool interview. He is one of these people. He was spewing names of people left and right like anyone should know who they were. I knew none of them. Unfortunately I do know who Tim Pool is, and that is a source of shame for me.

• Drool 1

7 hours ago, RomaVicta said:

I thought the exchange was funny. 

It was very funny because it was scripted, or gave off the vibe that it was, because that "reporter" had to be an actor, as it felt too rehearsed. For a moment I thought it was a Kids in the Hall sketch, but that's just the accent throwing me.  If the OP had not included the name I would have wondered about it as I didn't know what he looked like and damned if he didn't look like one of them circa 1990s.  It needed Bob and Doug McKenzie wandering around the background or walking into the scene and asking him if he was going to finish the apple.

6 hours ago, Js1 said:

The next election is  in like 2 YEARS (not months, years) and they're already declaring PP the winner?

2 years is equivalent to about 10,000 years in politics.  

He won't sniff the prime minister's office.  

Source: Canadian in-laws.  I don't remember the details, but either one of their older cousins or an older neighbor got ripped off by a Ponzi or crypto scheme (Pam: It's the same picture) and they were blaming him.  I don't know if he was personally the one running the Ponzi or crypto scheme, but I just know they were pissed about it a while back.

2 hours ago, atomheartbevo said:

And I also remember one of his partners in the parliament who was pushing crypto was married to an Okie.  Don't remember who it was, but yeah, he's got a lot going on.

Found her, Michelle Rempel Garner,  she's the one married to an Okie, and spent the COVID lockdown in Oklahoma, while still doing her parliamentary voting, which pissed off a bunch of Canadians.

9966872.jpg?format=webp&width=581&height

Why she would spend COVID time in Oklahoma..

barack obama shrug GIF

2 hours ago, atomheartbevo said:

It was very funny because it was scripted, or gave off the vibe that it was, because that "reporter" had to be an actor, ...

I did a search for "Pierre Poilievre reporter fake" and found this:

When Vancouver-based reporter Don Urquhart posed his question ...

Urquhart reported on his interview on Castanet

https://www.bizpacreview.com/2023/10/18/conservative-party-leader-in-canada-casually-shreds-reporter-comparing-him-to-trump-while-munching-on-an-apple-in-fire-clip-1405279/

https://www.castanet.net/news/Oliver-Osoyoos/451775/Pierre-Poilievre-was-in-town-Wednesday-capping-the-visit-off-with-a-rally-in-Oliver

1 hour ago, bernorange said:

Holy shit, he's the editor of the newspaper?

Maybe I'm jaded as hell and have seen too many interviews, but it just felt like a setup with rehearsed questions/answers, because he was throwing them right over the plate.