Texas vs houston - 3:00pm on Fox

Pancho

12 minutes ago, The Ace of Aces said:

BYU is gonna school this offense without Ewers. 

I disagree.  I'm actually more confident with Maalik than I am with Ewers.  

Ewers is more polished than Murphy, but Murphy has the "it" factor.  Granted it's a small sample size, but going back to the Spring game, the team just seems to play harder with MM in the game.  

Edited by DixonHur
ESL
  • Hook 'Em 2
  • Haha 6

6 minutes ago, Wulaw Horn said:

So, this was one of the worst days of my life. 
took my dad (who has a tbi and really wanted to go and was exited about it) 

Got stuck in traffic- he shit his pants - I tried to clean him up in the bathroom at the parking garage we got to and there was no garbage can or paper towels, he got the shit from his diaper all over himself and his shorts, refused to go home because he wanted to go to the game- walked around with feces all over his clothes, got him in his seat- went to 4 different shops until I found a pair of sweat shorts, came back up, cleaned him up in the bathroom, threw up, he walked out naked because he got scared I left him in the stall when I said “stay here I need more paper towels”

then we got back to our seats and he said let’s go.  With 6 minutes left in the 2nd quarter. 
the sights and smells and the like will be nightmare fuel (literally) for me that I will dream about for months and years I bet, but the worst part, by far, was seeing him just not get it and not able to handle basics in life or enjoy the game. 
When we pulled into the driveway he told me sorry for ruining your day. I was like dad- you didn’t ruin anything and I love you. Man’s taken me to at least 100 games and he remembers almost none of it. And my poor mom lives this 24/7. 
as bad as I guess we played I’m going to take solace in this not being the shit Sandwhich on top of a truly miserable day finishing with a loss. We are basically in survive and advance mode and although we were terrible it probably doesn’t matter. But, we probably have another loss or two coming our way, especially if Quinn is out. 

Im genuinely sorry for your dads condition. That honestly sounds heart breaking. You sound like a good son.

• Hook 'Em 3

3 minutes ago, USNALonghorn said:

That and if Sark’s dumb ass takes the FG while up 14, it doesn’t matter

This. The reason we nearly lost this game is because Sark asked Sideshow Bob to convert a 4th and 7 on the edge instead of kicking a 44 yard field goal. Combine that with PK’s patented deep quarters coverage that allowed them to move the ball 10 yards at a time for free and all of a sudden all of the momentum was on the other side. 

Quinn injury didn’t help but this game should have never been close, regardless.

• Hook 'Em 3

Yeah we need to get this kicking situation figured out. We for sure skipped out on 3, maybe 6, the game would have been way out of reach had he taken the points. And for sure don’t throw a fade on 4th down or have the kicker with issues mentioned above try to run 6 yards..sweet mother of Moses 

• Drool 1

4 minutes ago, Wulaw Horn said:

Got stuck in traffic- he shit his pants - I tried to clean him up in the bathroom at the parking garage we got to and there was no garbage can or paper towels, he got the shit from his diaper all over himself and his shorts, refused to go home because he wanted to go to the game- walked around with feces all over his clothes, got him in his seat- went to 4 different shops until I found a pair of sweat shorts, came back up, cleaned him up in the bathroom, threw up, he walked out naked because he got scared I left him in the stall when I said “stay here I need more paper towels”

then we got back to our seats and he said let’s go.  With 6 minutes left in the 2nd quarter. 
the sights and smells and the like will be nightmare fuel (literally) for me that I will dream about for months and years I bet, but the worst part, by far, was seeing him just not get it and not able to handle basics in life or enjoy the game. 
When we pulled into the driveway he told me sorry for ruining your day. I was like dad- you didn’t ruin anything and I love you. Man’s taken me to at least 100 games and he remembers almost none of it. And my poor mom lives this 24/7. 
as bad as I guess we played I’m going to take solace in this not being the shit Sandwhich on top of a truly miserable day finishing with a loss. We are basically in survive and advance mode and although we were terrible it probably doesn’t matter. But, we probably have another loss or two coming our way, especially if Quinn is out. 

Man, you earned your wings today.  Good for you to know that hell or high-water, you and your dad were going to celebrate a Texas win together in person.  That matters.

• Hook 'Em 5

1 minute ago, DixonHur said:

While I think Ewers is more polished that Murphy, but Murphy has the "it" factor.  Granted it's a small sample size, but going back to the Spring game, the team just seems to play harder with MM in the game.  

lol. Ewers is light years better than MM. 

8 minutes ago, Wulaw Horn said:

This is the best metaphor for the game that will ever exist. 

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Haha 3
  • Drool 1

5 minutes ago, DixonHur said:

Ewers is more polished than Murphy, but Murphy has the "it" factor.  Granted it's a small sample size, but going back to the Spring game, the team just seems to play harder with MM in the game.  

well, they better adapt and get used to catching his fast balls real quick. 

• Like 1

11 minutes ago, Wulaw Horn said:

Hang in there, dude.  And thanks for the reminder that there are things bigger than this game.  

• Hook 'Em 2
  • Like 1

45 minutes ago, WelfareBuysMyWeed said:

Im genuinely sorry for your dads condition. That honestly sounds heart breaking. You sound like a good son.

It is. He’s like an autistic 4 year old as my brother describes it. Imagine being married to someone for 42 years and then being your life partner and then just when retirement hits that’s what your life now is.  My poor mom.  Tbi=‘s tramatic brain injury. It’s awful. I don’t think there’s anything more sad than seeing a person that doesn’t have their mind and memories and the like. 

Edited by Wulaw Horn
  • Hook 'Em 3
  • Like 3
  • Rage+1 2

5 minutes ago, Juke_Em said:

Defense does not look good at all. We all knew Houston's offense was going to be one-dimensional but they still torched the defense through the air. Fortunately, BYU and K-State don't have really good offenses though so they should finally get a break

KSU looks problematic with their mobile QB. I’m sure PK will inflate their passing numbers.

3 minutes ago, RockyMountainHighHorn said:

Yeah we need to get this kicking situation figured out. We for sure skipped out on 3, maybe 6, the game would have been way out of reach had he taken the points. And for sure don’t throw a fade on 4th down or have the kicker with issues mentioned above try to run 6 yards..sweet mother of Moses 

Our kicker doesn't have issues...he had one shitty game and Sark decided to go Mensa on steroids on 3rd and 4th down calls from the +35 or so, ever since.

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Rage+1 1

10 minutes ago, DixonHur said:

2 minutes ago, MonkeyDoughnut said:

Season 4 No GIF by The Office

Ok besides the Spring game do we have any other data points that demonstrate Murphy is a good QB?

I sure hope he is but I don't get your confidence.

• Hook 'Em 3

Just now, Valmy77 said:

Ok besides the Spring game do we have any other data points that demonstrate Murphy is a good QB?

Ohh, no confidence, and I hope Ewers isn't hurt, but I just don't see Ewers as some kind of great QB. Almost every QB we have played against has seemed as good or better.

• Hook 'Em 2

19 minutes ago, Wulaw Horn said:

God bless you. I buried my mom last year, dad died years ago. You never see them as they are, now. You see the people who taught you how to use a spoon. 

• Hook 'Em 3
  • Like 1

11 minutes ago, Juke_Em said:

Defense does not look good at all. We all knew Houston's offense was going to be one-dimensional but they still torched the defense through the air. Fortunately, BYU and K-State don't have really good offenses though so they should finally get a break

It was their strength against our weakness. Our secondary is lacking. Watts being out is huge too.

5 minutes ago, Wulaw Horn said:

It is. He’s like an autistic 4 year old as my brother describes it. Imagine being married to someone for 42 years and then being your life partner and then just when retirement hits that’s what your life now is.  My poor mom.  Tbi=‘s tramatic brown injury. It’s awful. I don’t think there’s anything more sad than seeing a person that doesn’t have their mind and memories and the like. 

after what you described, people are going to think that's what TBI really stands for.

but props to you for doing it. functional loss of cognitive is devastating to witness in someone you love

• Haha 2

19 minutes ago, BurgleBro said:

I keep saying it but this is the first time I saw him get up from his catchers position and start acting like a HC on the sidelines. 

Hope he learns it's all any of us can hope for

He needs to stop squatting because his pants are too tight and you can see his little pecker. 

23 minutes ago, Wulaw Horn said:

You are a saint. I would love to be able to take my dad to a game regardless of the circumstance, but he died in 1989. You'll remember this day as long as you live. 

• Hook 'Em 3
  • Like 1

4 minutes ago, Valmy77 said:

No.

But we have plenty of data to show that Ewers is an average QB.  He has the physical tools, but if his first read isn't there he completely panics.

I'd like to see what Maalik can do.  

• Hook 'Em 2

• Pancho unpinned this topic