NBA 2023-24

shadow_operative

2 hours ago, Aqua Buddha said:

This game was a complete blowout but the 4th quarter of Wemby vs Chet was delicious.  They were really going at it for some reason.

This shit was fucking hilarious. The Thunder are kicking the shit out of the Spurs and Wemby just days “fuck it” and decides to detonate on Chet. Chet’s like,  “what he say fuck me for” and finally wakes up (dude had been sleepwalking for a majority of the game), plows into Wemby in anger, and then proceeds to get fed the ball by his teammates and yams it on the less fortunate who get switched onto him. Then Wemby tries to murder Chet. Round 3 is February 29th.

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

1 hour ago, Kermit said:

This shit was fucking hilarious. The Thunder are kicking the shit out of the Spurs and Wemby just days “fuck it” and decides to detonate on Chet. Chet’s like,  “what he say fuck me for” and finally wakes up (dude had been sleepwalking for a majority of the game), plows into Wemby in anger, and then proceeds to get fed the ball by his teammates and yams it on the less fortunate who get switched onto him. Then Wemby tries to murder Chet. Round 3 is February 29th.

Chet outscored him in the quarter 9-6 but yeah, sleepwalking until then until Wemby lowered his shoulder into him

I like this, though.  I'll definitely tune in for the next round.  Even the Thunder bench was getting into it.

They genuinely don't seem to like each other. It was fun to be there last night, despite the score. Most of the game, until the fourth quarter, OKC had somebody else guarding Wemby with Chet coming over from the weakside. I wanted to see a little more of them going at each other.

tl;dw

I'm guessing they'll say Wemby will have more total stats because his team is ass, my dude while Chet will get good but lesser stats because of all the other guys around him.

They'll both be really good players and it's even better if they're salty over the years.

1 hour ago, Aqua Buddha said:

tl;dw

I'm guessing they'll say Wemby will have more total stats because his team is ass, my dude while Chet will get good but lesser stats because of all the other guys around him.

They'll both be really good players and it's even better if they're salty over the years.

It’s too bad you didn’t watch till the end, where they describe Chet’s attention to detail and use as an example his manicuring of his pubes to form an Amish beard around his balls.

TL;DR the carpet matches the drapes.

• Haha 1

5 hours ago, Aqua Buddha said:

Yeah, they seemed to not like each other.  Does anyone know why?

I mean, I'd understand if Wemby resented Chet. It was supposed to be his year, but the Spurs suck so much unshowered ass that most people have stopped following him at this point. And OKC youth movement is a more fun story, with huge contributions from their own freakishly tall "rookie".

• Like 1

1 hour ago, cmontexas said:

French guy is surly, here's Tom with the weather

I work with a French guy who after 8 years I still have never done anything right according to him....

"The sky is blue"

"Technically, it is azure..."

I guess this is nominally related to the NBA, but I was watching an NBL game (Aussie pro league) and I see what looks like Shawn Marion there. I google him and find out he’s been a co-owner of the New Zealand breakers since 2018. Kinda cool to see him actually at the games supporting the team.

IMG_9826.thumb.jpeg.ccb28708ec7dc4aa162ef5f85926733f.jpeg

12 hours ago, ztejas said:

It's impressive how much defense he doesn't play. 

At this point, honestly not a lot of guys do.   Players are better than ever but no defense is a reason for this scoring explosion too.    They've taken away just about any advantage defenders had so now the only real defense is to just try to outscore your man.

17 minutes ago, MNLonghornFUKM said:

It’ll l get ramped up in the playoffs. I guess it’s tough to exert 100% commitment to both ends of the court for a regular season game in the middle of January.

Although the other night ant stonewalled mikal bridges like a mofo, which was bad ass

I love watching Ant play.  Him and SGA duking it out the other night was a blast.  I just wish he played somewhere else.  Both Gorbet and KAT are bitches.  Ant is a dawg. 

• Like 1

I love watching Ant play.  Him and SGA duking it out the other night was a blast.  I just wish he played somewhere else.  Both Gorbet and KAT are bitches.  Ant is a dawg. 

lol. He does get tunnel vision although his play making during tunnel vision moments has gotten better. He complains more this year vs getting back and that’s gotten old. Hope he doesn’t develop this WR diva persona with this much fame, money and success at only 22

OKC & MIN play again I think Monday for the last time this regular season

46 minutes ago, d2o said:

Just one play but look at this shit.

i watch a ton of games for fantasy purposes and this shit is so prevalent. it’s honestly pathetic. the nba has a serious effort problem. if the game is tight late in the 4Q then teams will start defending, but until then, this is what you see on a nightly basis. it’s the same reason that you see centers getting 15-20 rebounds with regularity- nobody is contesting half the misses. the entire shooting team is usually all outside the perimeter, and the defending team all just get out of the way and let the center get the rebound. it’s pretty pathetic that players are wildly more talented and athletic than they’ve ever been yet the product on the floor is terrible for the majority of every game.

• Like 1

28 minutes ago, Fastbreak said:

Having the top offensive season in basketball history doesn’t impress you I guess.

Haha it's cool. Embiid's a helluva player but I don't think he's got the minerals to get it done when it matters the most. I mostly just wanted an excuse to use that Malkovich gif.

• Like 1