NBA 2023-24

shadow_operative

2 hours ago, Pam Cummings said:

The Punch is where it all unraveled for the Warriors. It was never the same after that. Poole was blamed. The giant elephant in the room of Draymond being a shitty teammate was danced around but never corrected. They probably should have shipped him out but it would have been difficult.

I mean, maybe the funniest burn ever (Poole "complimenting" Draymond for his ability to get triple singles) which would sting the pride of anyone so deeply I could see it moving them to violence.

It was the basketball version of Bill Murray calling Chevy Chase a medium talent.

5 minutes ago, Vic Mackey said:

10 games under .500 vs 4 games under .500 competing for the playoffs. lmao

Yea this one sucks but you also bitched about yesterday and those records were not close to this

• Hook 'Em 2

8 hours ago, Mitch Cumsteen said:

Your first time watching the eastern conference in the last 20 years?

Dude hasn't posted in here all year but just wants to pop in and bitch about the play in games, which were actually kind of entertaining. And which he is clearly watching. Lol

Also, Joel Embiid is a flopping bitch.

Edited by Pam Cummings
  • Hook 'Em 1

1 hour ago, Make em eat Taco Bell said:

that's the only East 1st round series worth watching. 

I think the Bucks v Pacers with a hobbled Giannis might be interesting. I'll be watching Cavs/Magic too, I think that will be a 6 game series that might be fun. The Magic were surprisingly OK this year and have a lot of room to grow. 

4 hours ago, ztejas said:

What, when he's 45?

He’ll be 36 next year, but he’s a perfect veteran. Plus, he’s French. I’ve always wanted that guy in a Spurs uniform. Free agent too, might be inexpensive. They’re not going to go crazy in the offseason by all accounts. 

Once he lost KD, Donovan's NBA record is about as  "meh" as it gets. 

image.thumb.png.637cc4f3e70242e4d1ab9c2a10beba9e.png

In his 4 years in Chicago, he has a sub .500 regular season record and 3 missed playoffs. Bulls pulled an aggy and gave him an extension after that magical run in '22. that shot of him sitting on the bench when Miami pushed the lead back to 20 pts looked he wanted to cry. 

• Haha 1

6 minutes ago, Blotto said:

Once he lost KD, Donovan's NBA record is about as  "meh" as it gets. 

image.thumb.png.637cc4f3e70242e4d1ab9c2a10beba9e.png

In his 4 years in Chicago, he has a sub .500 regular season record and 3 missed playoffs. Bulls pulled an aggy and gave him an extension after that magical run in '22. that shot of him sitting on the bench when Miami pushed the lead back to 20 pts looked he wanted to cry. 

Chicago FO and ownership was/is horrible right now.  Reinsdorf is perfectly happy to continue to rake in the money from attendance and trot out a team that is 1st round fodder at best.  FO gambled big by trading for Lonzo and then giving happily handed out $200 million+ to LaVine in a desperate attempt to remain a borderline playoff team even after Lonzo couldn't stay healthy.

Donovan by no means deserves more chances, but the first ones to to should be the FO.

2024 NBA draft: Complete order of picks for the first and second round

Apr 20, 2024

After completion of the NBA play-in tournament, we now know the teams who'll be participating in the NBA draft lottery, giving us a better picture of the complete pick order for the 2024 NBA draft.

The top two teams on the board and worst two teams in the league this season -- the Detroit Pistons and Washington Wizards -- each have a 14% chance to land the No. 1 overall pick. The Portland Trail Blazers and Charlotte Hornets tied for the league's third worst record. The Pistons are just three years removed from having the top pick, when they selected Cade Cunningham in 2021. The Wizards last had the top pick in 2010 (John Wall), the Blazers last picked No. 1 in 2007 (Greg Oden) and the Hornets haven't landed the top pick since 1991 (Larry Johnson).

Other teams that will be paying significant attention to the lottery are the Houston Rockets, Toronto Raptors and Golden State Warriors. The Raptors will send their pick (currently No. 6) to San Antonio if it falls lower than sixth. The Rockets and Warriors will both lose their picks unless they jump into the top four (though the Rockets also have the Nets' pick).

Here's an updated look at where every draft pick stands right now.

Complete 2024 NBA draft order

First round

1. Detroit Pistons

2. Washington Wizards

3/4. Portland Trail Blazers

3/4. Charlotte Hornets

5. San Antonio Spurs

6. Toronto Raptors

7. Memphis Grizzlies

8. Utah Jazz

9. Houston Rockets (via BKN)

10. Atlanta Hawks

11. Chicago Bulls

12. Oklahoma City Thunder (via HOU)

13/14. Sacramento Kings

13/14. Portland Trail Blazers (via GS)

Non Lottery picks below...

15. Miami Heat

16/17/18/19. Orlando Magic

16/17/18/19. Toronto Raptors (via IND)

16/17/18/19. New Orleans Pelicans (via LAL)*

16/17/18/19. Philadelphia 76ers

20. Cleveland Cavaliers

21/22/23. Milwaukee Bucks

21/22/23. New Orleans Pelicans

21/22/23. Phoenix Suns

24. New York Knicks (via DAL)

25. New York Knicks

26. Washington Wizards (via LAC)

27. Minnesota Timberwolves

28/29. Denver Nuggets

28/29. Utah Jazz (via OKC)

30. Boston Celtics

(Ties will be broken by the NBA)

*Pelicans have the option to defer the Lakers' pick to 2025

Second round

31. Toronto Raptors (via DET)

32. Utah Jazz (via WSH)

33/34. Portland Trail Blazers (via CHA)

33/34. Milwaukee Bucks (via POR)

35. San Antonio Spurs

36. Indiana Pacers (via TOR)

37. Minnesota Timberwolves (via MEM)

38. New York Knicks (via UTAH)

39. Memphis Grizzlies (via BKN)

40. Portland Trail Blazers (via ATL)

41. Philadelphia 76ers (via CHI)

42. Charlotte Hornets (via HOU)

43. Miami Heat

44/45. Sacramento Kings

44/45. Houston Rockets (via GS)

46/47/48. San Antonio Spurs (via LAL)

46/47/48. LA Clippers (via IND)

46/47/48. Orlando Magic

49. Indiana Pacers (via CLE)

50/51/52. Washington Wizards (via PHX)

50/51/52. Indiana Pacers (via NO)

50/51/52. Golden State Warriors (via MIL)

53/54. Detroit Pistons (via NY)

53/54. Boston Celtics (via DAL)

55. Los Angeles Lakers (via LAC)

56. Denver Nuggets (via MIN)

57. Memphis Grizzlies (via OKC)

58. Dallas Mavericks (via BOS)

*The Philadelphia 76ers and Phoenix Suns were forced to forfeit second-round picks for violating rules governing the timing of free agency discussions.

https://www.espn.com/nba/story/_/id/39978586/2024-nba-draft-complete-order-all-58-picks

Edited by LTtxfan

If you're NOLA, do you take the late teens pick this year, or punt to 2025?

I think I would wait for 2025 and hope the wheels fall off. Lots of health question marks for AD and old LeBron. They had a good year, and a team just above .500 is about what you would expect for them at best. Unless they swing some big trade out of nowhere, they shouldn't do any better in 25. 

1 hour ago, Dutchrudder said:

If you're NOLA, do you take the late teens pick this year, or punt to 2025?

I think I would wait for 2025 and hope the wheels fall off. Lots of health question marks for AD and old LeBron. They had a good year, and a team just above .500 is about what you would expect for them at best. Unless they swing some big trade out of nowhere, they shouldn't do any better in 25. 

Punt until next year. The Lakers, as currently constructed, reached their peak this year. They're not getting more minutes out of AD and Lebron next year. And this year's draft is weak (at least that's what I keep hearing, I haven't paid attention to it much at all).

4 hours ago, idigTexas said:

They are the South Austin's mom of HOFs.

Fair. Although I would have made the Kardashians joke, since we're specifically talking about NBA players getting in.