Biff Poggi Is Tired of Your Shit

closetojumping

2 hours ago, 'stache said:

I'm always grateful that Boone didn't exercise as much control as he could have over the years, but it seems like a pretty good gig if you're really rich, but not rich enough to buy an NFL franchise, which is like $6-7 billion these days, and most new purchases are by ownership groups and not individuals. If I had the cash, I'd become a major donor to the University of Tulsa, completely redo the stadium, make them change the nickname and mascot, invest in NIL like SMU style, and pay a damn good coach a bunch of money to make them regular winners of the AAC and maybe participants in the new playoffs. I bet I could get them close to the 30,000 capacity for a bunch of games a year. They've tried all sorts of campaigns that don't really pan out, I'd invest enough money to make it work. 

University of Tulsa 'Stache......Who wants a ride?

• Haha 2

3 minutes ago, Blotto said:

University of Tulsa 'Stache......Who wants a ride?

Merch gonna include "Free 'Stache Rides" hats/tees.

2 minutes ago, Pam Cummings said:

So....he bought himself a coaching gig?

As would half of Surly (conservative estimate).

Edited by Tex Long
  • Like 1

20 minutes ago, Herpa Derpa said:

Biff can have Charlotte and you can have Tulsa. I'd take my billions and restart the Pepperdine program. Now that is a campus to rule.

65b1cd36e8f6fbd25cb5ecb4d8587a0f.jpg.web

Played summer league basketball with a guy who was being recruited pretty heavily. Not a top 100 guy or anything like that, but he had offers from half of the SWC.  Smart too, and most of thought he would end up at Rice or an Ivy.  He took a visit to Pepperdine and shut it down.  

• Hook 'Em 1

On 10/31/2023 at 12:49 PM, Mitch Cumsteen said:

I remember reading this fluff piece about him in the Athletic when he was at Michigan. 

https://theathletic.com/3771847/2022/11/08/michigan-biff-poggi-jim-harbaugh/

Or maybe it's the rampant cheating? Nah, I'm sure it's the former hedge fund manager who told personal stories about his family to unite the offensive coaching staff.

He’s a guy even the most die-hard fans probably wouldn’t recognize. His name is Biff. He’s 62, and he may be the most interesting man in coaching right now.

6E79A2D1-4747-4728-9CB3-C8253B571189.jpeg

35 minutes ago, Longboard Horn said:

He was dressed exactly the same way when Charlotte came to play SMU in Dallas. 

Also, Biff Poggi can't be his real name can it? That's gotta be the most made up Star Wars fan fiction name ever. 

In the off-season he runs a modeling agency under the name Biff Doggi

image.png.ec32e7b7d555d6fd09807301519073ca.png

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

Biff can have Charlotte and you can have Tulsa. I'd take my billions and restart the Pepperdine program. Now that is a campus to rule.
65b1cd36e8f6fbd25cb5ecb4d8587a0f.jpg.webp

TSRH ^^ I used to know a guy who attended Pepperdine for two semesters. The dorms are quite literally within easy walking distance of Malibu beach and if you didn't get up early to surf everyone else banging their boards on the hallway walls would wake your ass up. Kinda like TCU (if TCU was in Malibu and not south FW) in the females to males ratio as well, and even wealthier parents.

On 10/31/2023 at 3:04 PM, Herpa Derpa said:

I'm kind of surprised Pepperdine has never really been able to recapture it's basketball success from the 80s/90s. Talent-rich location, decent conference and probably the best campus in the country. Feel like they could roll with the right coach. 

• Hook 'Em 1

1 hour ago, ousux said:
65b1cd36e8f6fbd25cb5ecb4d8587a0f.jpg.webp

TSRH ^^ I used to know a guy who attended Pepperdine for two semesters. The dorms are quite literally within easy walking distance of Malibu beach and if you didn't get up early to surf everyone else banging their boards on the hallway walls would wake your ass up. Kinda like TCU (if TCU was in Malibu and not south FW) in the females to males ratio as well, and even wealthier parents.

My son has some friends on Instagram that are TCU co-eds and all I can say is 

Ron Simmons Reaction GIF

The University of Tulsa: The Pepperdine of the Prairie.

CSB, I almost applied to Pepperdine Law based solely on this picture from the cover of the pamphlet.

1 hour ago, 'stache said:

The University of Tulsa: The Pepperdine of the Prairie.

CSB, I almost applied to Pepperdine Law based solely on this picture from the cover of the pamphlet.

I know a handful of guys who got MBA and JD's at Pepperdine. It's essentially a diploma mill for those willing to pay top dollar.

2 hours ago, Jimmy Two Times said:

I'm kind of surprised Pepperdine has never really been able to recapture it's basketball success from the 80s/90s. Talent-rich location, decent conference and probably the best campus in the country. Feel like they could roll with the right coach. 

Ummm, you sure about that? 
IMG_2895.jpeg.028be863244c1a8d101cc7f227125c62.jpeg

• Haha 6

On 10/31/2023 at 2:02 PM, 'stache said:

I'd become a major donor to the University of Tulsa, completely redo the stadium, make them change the nickname and mascot, invest in NIL like SMU style, and pay a damn good coach a bunch of money to make them regular winners of the AAC and maybe participants in the new playoffs. I bet I could get them close to the 30,000 capacity for a bunch of games a year. They've tried all sorts of campaigns that don't really pan out, I'd invest enough money to make it work. 

Until Jimbo got to A&M, I might have told you there's no broken program money can't fix. 

1 minute ago, closetojumping said:

I knew this thread, if anyone gave a shit about the subject, would eventually do what threads on Surly do. That considered:

not like this GIF

Actually I am greatly enjoying this thread and hope it gets back on track. And really, after the Farentz kid got fired, Poggi has the best potential for lulz in the coming weeks. His story is just so strange and endearing and weird and obnoxious, all wrapped into one (fat) package. 

On 10/31/2023 at 10:29 AM, Wulaw Horn said:

I like this guy a lot, he's basically on the career path I was thinking up the other day:

1) Get rich

2) Go to a shitty school that plays at a low level and be their benefactor

3) Take over the AD

4) Hire people strictly off of surly and crowd source the AD

5) Profit. 

I think Sam Houston would be a good school to try this out on, but apparently Charlotte already has taken the bait and we just need to convince them that we could do it better. I think in the world of NIL there is gold in them thar hills.  If you are a billionare who can't buy a major league franchise it seems like this kind of thing would be an awesome and amazing ego boost. I feel like a 50M investment could have Sam Houston kicking UH ass in 5 years or something if the right people did it.  

God damn i love surly

• Hook 'Em 1

Biff and Charlotte took Memphis to OT and lost this past weekend. They stand at 3-7 and play Rice (4-6) and South Florida (5-5) to close out the season. Two teams fighting for bowl eligibility and Biff stands in their way.

Rice has to beat the fighting Biff Poggis and then the flaming Tom Hermans to get to 6-6. 

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Joe_Moglia

he is not the first rich guy to do this Joe Moglia formerly of TD Ameritrade did it in the other Carolina at The Coastal Carolina Chanticleers and was pretty damn good especially for a program that was moving to D1-A

he was 10-2 in their first D1-A season, but had some health issues and had to step down....he came back after a year, but in a rare situation put his ego aside and stepped down, flipped them $15 million for a practice facility and Jamey Chadwell took over and did really well too