Texas vs Louisville- 2:30 pm on ESPN

shadow_operative

3 minutes ago, Rickylovesweed said:

Definitely an ugly performance but Louisville played out of their minds based on the last 2 years. They never shoot like that from the FT line or from 3. 

Ugly performance from us, Louisville shooting much better than normal, and horrible officiating is how you get a weird game like this. 

Yea, that was like bizarro-Louisville. Didn't expect this to be a game at all.

Edited by Atticus

7 minutes ago, Rickylovesweed said:

Definitely an ugly performance but Louisville played out of their minds based on the last 2 years. They never shoot like that from the FT line or from 3. 

Ugly performance from us, Louisville shooting much better than normal, and horrible officiating is how you get a weird game like this. 

Texas’ defense play helped Louisville greatly by proving zero help defense and the inability to pick up so many cuts. They should’ve never been able to get been able to get as many open 3 looks. But a W is a W. 

2 minutes ago, The Ace of Aces said:

Texas’ defense play helped Louisville greatly by proving zero help defense and the inability to pick up so many cuts. They should’ve never been able to get been able to get as many open 3 looks. But a W is a W. 

That's pretty much been how teams have defended Louisville. Let them shoot open 3s because they've been one of the worst shooting teams in the country. 

They were 264th in FT shooting coming into this game. They hit 27/31 from the FT line. This was just a weird game. 

• Hook 'Em 5
  • Rage+1 1

4 minutes ago, Hookem2147 said:

If we can get Abmas to become just an average defender it would make a world of difference.

The biggest issue is Abmas and Horton aren't defenders or rebounders. When they have nights like tonight it's problematic. One of those guys has to score for us because that's their strength. 

• Hook 'Em 2

Just now, Rickylovesweed said:

The biggest issue is Abmas and Horton aren't defenders or rebounders. When they have nights like tonight it's problematic. One of those guys has to score for us because that's their strength. 

Which is why I think we might see more Weaver moving forward in place of Horton in certain instances.

51 minutes ago, Rickylovesweed said:

I don't know why RT didn't go to more of that full court or 3/4 court pressure. It gave them a ton of issues on the last possession. 

Louisville turns the ball over a ton and we like to run. We need to run more 3/4 or full court pressure. 

HAVOC!!!!!

(Jk)

3 hours ago, The Ace of Aces said:

Louisville is really, really, really bad. This should be a blowout. 

So about that ...

Haha, but seriously, I was working and missed the game. Love seeing only five turnovers, but it looks like we couldn't throw it into the ocean from BTA. And 12 assists on 31 made baskets is definitely a cause for concern, imo.

For those who watched, was there too much hero ball? Seventeen attempted 3s isn't bad, especially on 67 total shots ... 

They've been terrible this year too. 
They just hit shots in this game. Basketball is a crazy sport when shots go in. 

I was at the crazy game in MSG against Illinois last year. Louisville had a historically bad year last year and saw 7 players leave via the portal. They got 8 new players including transfer Clark from Illinois and four 4-star recruits. So like our roster, they had a lot of turnover so expecting that a program with Louisvilles history of success would again be terrible after 3 games seems a little overly simplistic.

They've been terrible this year too. 
They just hit shots in this game. Basketball is a crazy sport when shots go in. 

I was at the crazy game in MSG against Illinois last year. Louisville had a historically bad year last year and saw 7 players leave via the portal. They got 8 new players including transfer Clark from Illinois and four 4-star recruits. So like our roster, they had a lot of turnover so expecting that a program with Louisvilles history of success would again be terrible after 3 games seems a little overly simplistic.

4 minutes ago, TxTower said:

I mean they can improve but look at the results. 

They lost to Kentucky Wesleyan in an exhibition, beat UMBC by 1 point, and lost by double digits to Chattanooga. Maybe this was some huge turning point for Louisville? My guess is they still suck and just about everything went wrong for Texas in this game. 

• Like 1