BurntOrange&White

• Replies 453
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted (edited)
1 hour ago, NTVTXN said:

holy shit

”Had to have”. Is that what you’re trying to say, here? 

Yea I don’t give a shit about proper English on a message board….  Had to of is the slang version I grew up with in a small town in Texas and still use in conversation. It rolls off the tongue much easier than saying had to have and I’m not at work right now so fuck off.  

Edited by Hook1997
  • Haha 1

We're not that far from being able to engage "Drunk Mode" in our self-driving electric cars where we click the "Home" button to get a safe ride home and the car will refuse any external input from our drunken hands.  
I hope it's possible, anyhow.
If you can't even sleep it off in your car (engine off) then what chance does this have of being allowed by law?

4 minutes ago, ousux said:
2 hours ago, ATXbronco said:
We're not that far from being able to engage "Drunk Mode" in our self-driving electric cars where we click the "Home" button to get a safe ride home and the car will refuse any external input from our drunken hands.  
I hope it's possible, anyhow.

If you can't even sleep it off in your car (engine off) then what chance does this have of being allowed by law?

You're actually okay if you keep the keys in your pocket and sleep it off in the passenger seat.
ASSUMING you get a nice cop.

They can technically still DUI you if they have reason to believe you tried to drive at any point in time.  

I'm no expert on the subject though.  Just repeating what I interpreted of this page on the Internet.

https://www.gonzalezlawgroup.net/news/do-the-keys-need-to-be-in-the-ignition-to-get-a-dwi-in-houston-texas/#:~:text=You may think that sitting,influence can face a DWI.

Plus, once Drunk Mode in a self-driving car is a real possibility, you can bet it'll be pushed through Congress faster than a politician can steal a lollipop from a baby.

26 minutes ago, Hook1997 said:

Yea I don’t give a shit about proper English on a message board….  Had to of is the slang version I grew up with in a small town in Texas and still use in conversation. It rolls off the tongue much easier than saying had to have and I’m not at work right now so fuck off.  

What a load of shit

• Like 4
  • Haha 1

Well he didn’t speed or kill anyone thank God, it wasn’t super late at night either. 

Going to fuck his draft value up a little but will be a minor speed bump and just a major wake up call to get his shit together. 

Posted (edited)
1 hour ago, Hook1997 said:

This kind of shit is how we get "for all intensive purposes" and "I could care less" and "get untracked."

Edited by Beau Vine
  • Hook 'Em 5

Posted (edited)
3 hours ago, TrashMaster G said:

What a load of shit

So in a casual conversation it had to have sounds more casual and easier than, it had it to of been..   That’s a load of shit.   I’m not saying it’s proper but come on…   

2 hours ago, Beau Vine said:

This kind of shit is how we get "for all intents and purposes" and "I could care less" and "get untracked."

Don’t think it’s quite that far down the line..   It had to of been him  vs it had to have been him.  Which rolls quicker and gets the point across and which takes extra work and sounds like, I’m definitely an over 50 male white AF?  Yea if I’m talking to someone over 50 I’ll use have…..

Edited by Hook1997

48 minutes ago, lucious leftfoot said:

This is a fucking great idea. I wonder how much would that cost the AD?

they can afford it. but they are going to hate having to offer it to the non-revenue athletes

8 hours ago, Hook1997 said:

So in a casual conversation it had to have sounds more casual and easier than, it had it to of been..   That’s a load of shit.   I’m not saying it’s proper but come on…   

I say it's a load of shit, because that's there's a difference between slang and lazy/ignorant speech. And that is not slang.

And you don't use it in written language. Nobody does.

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, TrashMaster G said:

I say it's a load of shit, because that's there's a difference between slang and lazy/ignorant speech. And that is not slang.

And you don't use it in written language. Nobody does.

200w.gif?cid=6c09b952tipwobj4wmn48fwa5g2

8 hours ago, MrBig said:

Byron Murphy posted this on Instagram a few days ago. Look at the 10/22 sticker on the car. I hope that’s not his vehicle unless it’s an old pic.
IMG_5175.thumb.jpeg.ba44647fc41262bf7f288bdd9f71ee3c.jpeg

OMG he may fall completely out of the draft to UDFA now.  

• Haha 1

With that disguise, how did the  press ever figure out that was Sweat in the first place? Also, our AD just reported a ~$40M profit in  22-23, and as that figure stops in June '23, it doesn't even benefit from the football success. Belmont should just have an unlimited Uber account that athletes can tap into  24/7. 

What % of DWI’s do you think are the result of the offender not being able to find/afford alternative transportation?

https://www.calculator.net/bac-calculator.html
365 lbs
Normal Beer: 9.5 beers, 5% 12oz beers in 2 hours
IPAs at a local brewpub: 5 7% pints in 2 hours
Shots: 8.5 shots in 2 hours
Many variables and the above is not perfect.  But "lots" is a pretty reasonable answer.

Why is anyone assuming that he was “over the legal limit”? Do y’all not know how DWI’s work?

6 minutes ago, scottsins said:

What % of DWI’s do you think are the result of the offender not being able to find/afford alternative transportation?

I would suppose around 40-50%. There’s a lot of poor drunks out there. 

• Hook 'Em 1

I'm reading he was at the softball game. That started at 1pm so he didn't stick around for much to get a DWI about 70 minutes later. Too much tailgating fun or these stories are inaccurate.

18 minutes ago, scottsins said:

Why is anyone assuming that he was “over the legal limit”? Do y’all not know how DWI’s work?

I was responding to this question:

First thought was what a poor decision and second thought was how many drinks does a man of 365 lbs have to drink to go over the limit.

For what it is worth

I am afraid there might be more to this story.  Evidently, he was in the hospital late Saturday night/into Sunday, hence the odd booking time and timing of the arrest.  More to come, but that is what the birds are chirping.

19 minutes ago, dittohead said:

I am afraid there might be more to this story.  Evidently, he was in the hospital late Saturday night/into Sunday, hence the odd booking time and timing of the arrest.  More to come, but that is what the birds are chirping.

suspense GIF

26 minutes ago, dittohead said:

I didn't even think you could get processed out on a Sunday. 

27 minutes ago, dittohead said:

This could be good or bad.

Ima go with bad.

• Hook 'Em 1

This kind of shit is how we get "for all intensive purposes" and "I could care less" and "get untracked."

Take it to the grammar board. Oh, there’s not one? Because no one gives a shit about typos. We could care less but it means we’re dead.
  • Hook 'Em 1

39 minutes ago, Eskimohorn said:

Take it to the grammar board. Oh, there’s not one? Because no one gives a shit about typos. We could care less but it means we’re dead.

I don't care about typos.

This wasn't that. Typos are unintentional.

6 minutes ago, mr. sunshine said:

Fortunately I attended UT back when the police had some discretion. Today once they hit the lights, cameras automatically come on and there's a permanent record of the traffic stop. I couldn't make it as a student today

lol, this shit is not new:

https://www.espn.com/college-football/news/story?id=3562451

https://www.kltv.com/story/21902449/texas-wr-arrested-for-dwi/

https://www.khou.com/article/sports/longhorn-football-player-arrested-on-dwi-charge/285-342615529

https://www.chron.com/sports/college-football/article/ut-linebacker-kindle-facing-dwi-charge-in-austin-1638464.php

https://www.on3.com/teams/texas-longhorns/news/report-vondrell-mcgee-arrested-on-dwi-charge/

I don't care about typos.
This wasn't that. Typos are unintentional.

Maybe we should take your interpretation of typos to the grammar board. Again, there’s not one. Let’s stay on the topic of Sweat getting popped.

100%?

Lol. Are you serious? I was taken aback by immamac’s number of 40-50%, but 100%?

I’ve represented hundreds of DWI defendants. NOT ONE has ever told me that they decided to drive, knowing that they were impaired, because they couldn’t figure out another way to get home. Not one.

Virtually all of them either just chose poorly or, as is often the case, did not realize that they were LEGALLY impaired.

3 minutes ago, scottsins said:

Lol. Are you serious? I was taken aback by immamac’s number of 40-50%, but 100%?

I’ve represented hundreds of DWI defendants. NOT ONE has ever told me that they decided to drive, knowing that they were impaired, because they couldn’t figure out another way to get home. Not one.

Virtually all of them either just chose poorly or, as is often the case, did not realize that they were LEGALLY impaired.

If you go out and intend to have more than 1 drink with dinner you should be ridesharing. That is easy if you have lots of disposable income, but it's kind of pricey if you dont. 

• Hook 'Em 1

28 minutes ago, immamac said:

If you go out and intend to have more than 1 drink with dinner you should be ridesharing. That is easy if you have lots of disposable income, but it's kind of pricey if you dont. 

On the other hand, if you can afford enough drinks to get trashed (especially if you are 360lbs) you can afford a damn Uber.

• Hook 'Em 1