Ghost
Nymeria
Tyrion Lannister 
Cersei Lannister 
Jaime Lannister 
Illyrio Moptais
Edited by Hugo Stiglitz

58 minutes ago, pacman said:

I enjoyed it very much. Love the role played by Lyanna Mormont.

I liked Melisandre's creative return...to see her doubt herself, once again, and then come through at the last moment..a victory before she fades away

Will agree, I had trouble with the darkness but it is night in an era of no electricity so...

I like Tyrion's long game to try and land Sansa's fine ass..

I know it seems like the battle was not strong enough, but we have not yet seen the toil it took on the soldiers/commoners. I am really struggling to understand how they will fight for the Iron Throne when EVERYBODY is gone (except main characters). I guess they will now convince others who did not battle with them against the night king and Theon's sister.

I think Daario comes through with an army for Dany.

47 minutes ago, Pato del Muerto said:

If I’m Cersei, and I know that the winner at winterfell is going to get their shit together and come south for my crown and my head, i march my newly purchased army north and position them so that they can attack winterfell during the aftermath of the first battle when the victor will be weakest and in disarray. 

She might do that.

37 minutes ago, MNLonghornFUKM said:

I wanted varys to die last night. He seems to do very little but is always with the higher ups and protected. And flipping sides despite who has more power.

Varys is not finished.  I suspect he has an important role to play - maybe even sitting on the Iron Throne.

If I’m Cersei, and I know that the winner at winterfell is going to get their shit together and come south for my crown and my head, i march my newly purchased army north and position them so that they can attack winterfell during the aftermath of the first battle when the victor will be weakest and in disarray. 

Being exposed in the open ground against dragons does not work out. Best bet is to hide behind walls, use ballistas or whatever to take out some dragons, etc.

2 hours ago, Eskimohorn said:

When she went off running after talking about killing blue eyes, and wasnt seen for 20 minutes with 10 minutes to go, what did you think was going to happen when NK was strutting up to Bran and all the other characters were about to get it?

I would have liked to see more dragon on dragon action, more whites against main characters, more main characters doing smart things, and less mindless zombies.

Bottom-line, this is solid “A” tv episode, but lots of parts had sloppy writing, editing and cinematography. Think CGI and fan service dictated too much.

Why the fuck do you need to be totally surprised all the way up to the end of any sequence? So we all had an inkling that maybe Arya was going to make her move. Then other shit happened. We had no idea how she would do it, and if she’d survive. Get over the semi-reveal at the end. It’s weak plaintive shit you guys are throwing out on that. 

54 minutes ago, henrygandorf said:

the hound is going to have it out with the mountain.  call it a wash.  cersei is the big bad remaining, so if someone kills her, it will likely be because of the sacrifice of 1-2 top-end characters.  i would say there's a chance cersei wins, but that would likely mean all/most of the other characters die, and i just don't see a realistic way for that to 

Dude, the chances of Cersei ending up on the Iron Throne are ZERO. I realize folks can’t handle certainty, but it’s zero percent that she winds up as the winner. You have all watched this show long enough to know that the most evil, boring characters eventually bite the dust. They don’t hate their audience enough to leave Westeros to her with the credits rolling. 

I've seen a couple questions about Arya's weapon. One end was detachable and she used it inside Winterfell fighting in close quarters after she used the other end to make a wight-kabob.

Both dragons survived.

The Dothraki charge was amazing. Watching the charge from above was one of the best shots I've seen on TV. Then the swords go dark one by one as they watch from the trench. That's your Emmy right there.

I was always expecting the dead in the crypt to be risen by NK. It's what he does! How did they not see that one coming?

2 minutes ago, Hugo Stiglitz said:

Cersei has held the throne, via proxy, the entire series.  

If you think this has a happy ending, you haven’t been paying attention.

If you think this is the same show that was based on events that actually occurred in Martin's books, you haven't been paying attention.

• Like 4

Just now, alincoln said:

If you think this is the same show that was based on events that actually occurred in Martin's books, you haven't been paying attention.

Word.  This very obviously has a happy ending.  They’ll have some valiant death to make it seem edgy, but the good guys will win. 

11 minutes ago, closetojumping said:

Dude, the chances of Cersei ending up on the Iron Throne are ZERO. I realize folks can’t handle certainty, but it’s zero percent that she winds up as the winner. You have all watched this show long enough to know that the most evil, boring characters eventually bite the dust. They don’t hate their audience enough to leave Westeros to her with the credits rolling. 

right.  which is why i said "i would say there's a chance cersei wins, but..."

it was at the end of my post about character deaths, so i was handicapping how/where the deaths would be coming from.  i wasn't saying she could win.

Edited by henrygandorf

3 minutes ago, RPM said:

I've seen a couple questions about Arya's weapon. One end was detachable and she used it inside Winterfell fighting in close quarters after she used the other end to make a wight-kabob.

Both dragons survived.

The Dothraki charge was amazing. Watching the charge from above was one of the best shots I've seen on TV. Then the swords go dark one by one as they watch from the trench. That's your Emmy right there.

I was always expecting the dead in the crypt to be risen by NK. It's what he does! How did they not see that one coming?

It wasn't detachable, just an "exploded" view (super insidery engineering term). Basically just showed 'attach pointy part to wood' 

I was expecting to see Melisandre naked one more time as she walked out into the sunrise. "Yes, she took off her cloak! Now show me the good stuff, wait isn't that the necklace that keeps her young? Don't take that off, quick show the naked Red Witch before she ages, uhhh"

• Like 3

1 minute ago, seven said:

It wasn't detachable, just an "exploded" view (super insidery engineering term). Basically just showed 'attach pointy part to wood' 

You weren't watching closely. One end was detachable and she used it in the fight.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, alincoln said:

She didn't hold it while Robert or Tywin were alive or while she was the Sparrow's bitch.

She held central influence over its future via her children.  

She has always behaved in a way to strengthen her position of power over the throne until she placed herself on it. 

Dumb question.

Even if the Night King won the war and killed The Three Eyed Raven, how would that have any impact on Essos? It seems the idea that a loss to the White Walkers being the death of man was culturally biased to Westeros.

7 minutes ago, seven said:

I'll watch again tonight but I remember her just picking a random dragonglass dagger off the floor? 

She did that later after her special weapon was lost during the battle.  She definitely pulled the weapon apart to use both parts separately during close fighting. 

• Like 1

34 minutes ago, Eskimohorn said:

Being exposed in the open ground against dragons does not work out. Best bet is to hide behind walls, use ballistas or whatever to take out some dragons, etc.

They barely held against stannis and the onion knight. Bigger(?), fresh and trained army I guess. How many of those 20,000 will fit inside the walls?

30 minutes ago, closetojumping said:

Why the fuck do you need to be totally surprised all the way up to the end of any sequence? So we all had an inkling that maybe Arya was going to make her move. Then other shit happened. We had no idea how she would do it, and if she’d survive. Get over the semi-reveal at the end. It’s weak plaintive shit you guys are throwing out on that. 

Yeah, pretty sure the show-runners have said the ending will be bittersweet. Cersei has no chance.

23 minutes ago, alincoln said:

Didn't the Fat Man provide the outline all the way to the end?

14 minutes ago, alincoln said:

She didn't hold it while Robert or Tywin were alive or while she was the Sparrow's bitch.

When it comes to the Iron Throne she's been married to or mother to whoever it was sitting on the throne at the time since the show started. Even the season with the Sparrow.

9 minutes ago, F250 said:

Dumb question.

Even if the Night King won the war and killed The Three Eyed Raven, how would that have any impact on Essos? It seems the idea that a loss to the White Walkers being the death of man was culturally biased to Westeros.

that's what ethnocentrism gets you.  only cares about white culture and history.  the nk is hitler and his army are nazis.  the whitest of the white people.  he doesn't care about brown essos.  build a wall!

6 minutes ago, C-Man said:

Yeah, pretty sure the show-runners have said the ending will be bittersweet. Cersei has no chance.

Didn't the Fat Man provide the outline all the way to the end?

When it comes to the Iron Throne she's been married to or mother to whoever it was sitting on the throne at the time since the show started. Even the season with the Sparrow.

That’s fine. But Tywin was running shit until he died.  She had zero power compared to him.  

Edited by Johnny Sack

9 minutes ago, Johnny Sack said:

That’s fine. But Tywin was running shit until he died.  She had zero power compared to him.  

True, under Joffrey's reign it was clear that Tywin was the undisputed ruler. Even Joffrey nearly shit a brick when Tywin displayed displeasure at being talked back to by Joffrey. Plus when Cersei's daughter was married off despite Cersei's protest it was clear that she had no power while Tywin was alive.

1 hour ago, crash_davis said:

what did the white walkers do?  what was the purpose of all those main characters welding valyrian swords.  why hype it up for all these season.  nary a fight between them.  in fact the white walkers did not even do anything the whole battle.  what the hell?

That's one of my bigger gripes about the episode. Would've really like to see some one-on-one combat with the main good guys and the main white walkers. The white walkers just hid behind the zombie army, then they stood around the Night King, then he got murdered by Arya and everyone instantly died.

I would've rather seen Brienne or Jaime or Tormund fighting those guys directly than see Brienne and Jaime constantly overwhelmed by impossible odds yet magically living through with only a few scratches.

• Like 3

2 minutes ago, wild_turkey said:

That's one of my bigger gripes about the episode. Would've really like to see some one-on-one combat with the main good guys and the main white walkers. The white walkers just hid behind the zombie army, then they stood around the Night King, then he got murdered by Arya and everyone instantly died.

I would've rather seen Brienne or Jaime or Tormund fighting those guys directly than see Brienne and Jaime constantly overwhelmed by impossible odds yet magically living through with only a few scratches.

Same here. I really enjoyed the battle but the only real disappointment was not seeing the White Walkers doing there thing. I expected them to ride in like field generals to battle with our heroes wielding valerian swords and do the fire suppression trick. Maybe it was meant to nerf the NK's army because the White Walkers should have been able to suppress the fire trench and cut through the Unsullied fairly quickly.

1 hour ago, Hugo Stiglitz said:

Game of Thrones Original Gangsters

Season 1 episode 1 character list:

Dead:
Will (Season 1)
Jon Arynn (Season 1)
Robert Baratheon (Season 1)
Ned Stark (Season 1)
Viserys Targaryan (Season 1)
Lady (Season 1)
Septa Mordane (Season 1)
Jory Cassel (Season 1)
Khal Drogo (Season 1)
Maester Luwin (Season 2)
Rodrik Cassel (Season 2)
Whore Ros and her tits (Season 3)
Catlyn Stark (Season 3)
Robb Stark (Season 3)
Grey Wind (Season 3)
Joffrey Baratheon (Season 4)
Mrycella Baratheon (Season 5)
Rickon Stark (Season 6)
Summer (Season 6)
Shaggydog (Season 6)
Hodor (Season 6)
Tommen Baratheon (Season 6)
Benjen Stark ( Season 7)
Viserion (Season eight)
Jorah Mormont (Season 9)
Theon Greyjoy (Season 9)

Not Dead:
Drogon (egg form)
Rhaegal (egg form)
Daenerys Targaryan 
Arya Stark
Jon Snow (Aegon Targaryen)
Sansa Stark
Bran Stark
The Hound
Ghost
Nymeria
Tyrion Lannister 
Cersei Lannister 
Jaime Lannister 
Illyrio Moptais

If you think there are 9 seasons, you haven't been paying attention. 

1 hour ago, RPM said:

Both dragons survived.

does anyone know what type of dagger that was used on the NK?  Oh do the dragons survive?  Does Bran's wheel chair have a shitter hole?

3 hours ago, hobbes2702 said:

https://www.slashfilm.com/game-of-thrones-the-long-night-review/

Thought this article did a good job pointing out many of the big flaws with the episode. Like I said, much of it was still great but there were real issues both technically and with the writing

that was a great write up that covered pretty much everything, both good and bad. 

• immamac changed the title to Game of Thrones Season 8 (NO BOOKSPOILERS) thread