2024 Texas Football Coaching and Support Staff Thread

RaysBoomBoomRoom

3 minutes ago, Hookem2147 said:

I didn’t realize Arizona was Nansen’s first DC/co-DC job. Pretty impressive leap of faith by Fisch that paid off.

The fact Nansen has bounced around and coached so many different positions (including offense) speaks to his recruiting ability. Type of guy you always find a spot for on your staff.

Or he’s like Tosh Lupoi with questionable coaching acumen but scruples malleable to whatever his head coach demands.  

I’m not particularly concerned about a LB coach but let’s admit this could easily be criticized as a comfort hire if it was made coming off 5-7.  

• Hook 'Em 1

8 minutes ago, LCHorn said:

Or he’s like Tosh Lupoi with questionable coaching acumen but scruples malleable to whatever his head coach demands.  

I’m not particularly concerned about a LB coach but let’s admit this could easily be criticized as a comfort hire if it was made coming off 5-7.  

When I look at the season Arizona had, I am not really worried about a comfort hire, jmo.

• Hook 'Em 3

1 hour ago, Fondren & Main said:

I couldn’t recall, but I remember CTJ lambasting Nahlin for stating it.  

You’re confusing my thoughts on the Utah LB coach, with a similar name, to the Arizona guy. I didn’t mock the Arizona guy because someone I’m friends with who has a clue was talking about him with me ahead of anything public and then someone credible said it on air before Nahlin crafted his own narrative. I stayed out of the Nansen discussion here.

Regarding the Utah LB coach, it’s as I said the whole way. That was pure fiction and he was never a candidate. 

• Hook 'Em 2
  • Like 1

13 minutes ago, LCHorn said:

Nansen has supposedly done a good job coaching ILB at Arizona thus far. Jacob Manu ended up being the first team all-conference ILB for the PAC I believe and the way people talk about the job Nansen did with him sounds very similar to how people talked about Choate developing Ford. 

• Hook 'Em 1

1 hour ago, LCHorn said:

I’m not sure tosh is knows as a great coach?

1 hour ago, Tex-19 said:

SIAP but what LBs has Nansen put in the NFL in his previous stops? Any early rounders? I hope he's a good developer and not just a recruiter.

Luke Kuechly, Fred Warner, Bobby Wagner, Roquan Smith, NaVarro Bowman, Patrick Willis, Junior Seau, Hardy Nickerson Mike Singletary, Dick Butkis.

It's a good list; he's done well. But admittedly he coulda been better

Edited by TommyGufano
  • Hook 'Em 2
  • Haha 4

Don’t ask why but I was on husky message board and the title was sarkisian admits to drinking again something like that. This was in there

21001b4ba804e449d3025baa7a8b0037.jpg
I guess Nansen or whatever his name is a drinker too? Anyone know the story there

Just now, BurntOrange&White said:

Stupidity Are You Stupid GIF

Not everybody lives on this message board, dork.

The story on Nansen is that apparently he and Sark were drinking buddies back in the day. Presumably Nansen has grown up some, as Sark assuredly has. I doubt Texas would be making this move if they weren't confident in that. But message boards gonna message board.

• Hook 'Em 5
  • Like 1

1 minute ago, SimkinsMan said:

Not everybody lives on this message board, dork.

The story on Nansen is that apparently he and Sark were drinking buddies back in the day. Presumably Nansen has grown up some, as Sark assuredly has. I doubt Texas would be making this move if they weren't confident in that. But message boards gonna message board.

It has been talked about within the last week...except the poster I quoted found the time to go to the Husky board? Yeah okay.

Edited by BurntOrange&White
  • Like 2

29 minutes ago, utexas8 said:

I guess Nansen or whatever his name is a drinker too? Anyone know the story there

It's been hashed out quite a bit over over the last few days in the thread.

Edited by ATXbronco
  • Like 1

It has been talked about within the last week...except the poster I quoted found the time to go to the Husky board? Yeah okay.

I end and start the year off by staying away from message boards and social media as much as I can.

So yes I missed this talk. Ended up on their board because I was curious what they were saying about the ticket prices.

TLDR; been living under a rock for 2 weeks.

14 minutes ago, utexas8 said:

I end and start the year off by staying away from message boards and social media as much as I can.

So yes I missed this talk. Ended up on their board because I was curious what they were saying about the ticket prices.

TLDR; been living under a rock for 2 weeks.

Don't worry, he thinks everyone on here spends every hour not asleep on here like he does.

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Like 1

8 minutes ago, closetojumping said:

Boy, Washington fans are pudding soft. Their level of angst and bitterness about Sarkisian is absurd. They just beat the guy twice in little more than a calendar year. He was gracious both times and the CFP was a really good game from both programs. Get a fucking grip, UW fans. 

Wine country aggy.  Playing for the title and still crying about big bad Texas.  Sad!

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Haha 1

47 minutes ago, Fondren & Main said:

Wine country aggy.  Playing for the title and still crying about big bad Texas.  Sad!

UW would be a perfect fit for the Big 12 then 

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

56 minutes ago, closetojumping said:

Boy, Washington fans are pudding soft. Their level of angst and bitterness about Sarkisian is absurd. They just beat the guy twice in little more than a calendar year. He was gracious both times and the CFP was a really good game from both programs. Get a fucking grip, UW fans. 

Ha, the UW fans are still butt hurt over Major Applewhite leading us to that comeback 47-43 Holiday Bowl win in 2001. Yes, they need to get a grip for sure.

• Hook 'Em 1

Would that stuff up there about Sark drinking be classified as libel? Is that a thing?

I saw one before the game that somebody's nephew witnessed Sark drinking at a bar in New Orleans.

Such a weird bunch of pussies.

• Fuck You 1

9 minutes ago, jw4381 said:

Would that stuff up there about Sark drinking be classified as libel? Is that a thing?

I saw one before the game that somebody's nephew witnessed Sark drinking at a bar in New Orleans.

Such a weird bunch of pussies.

Plenty of reformed drunks find their way into places that serve alcohol and order something nonalcoholic.

• Hook 'Em 1

On 1/7/2024 at 2:20 PM, Fondren & Main said:

Since when is the greater Seattle area “wine country?” 

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Like 1