2024 Texas Football Coaching and Support Staff Thread

RaysBoomBoomRoom

9 minutes ago, Js1 said:

God speed, little Seamus 

In a Cliff Clavin twist, Seamus is the Irish name for James which is the English New Testament version of the Hebrew name Jacob.

Edited by Bevo
  • Like 1
  • Fuck Around and Find Out 1

Genuine question since he hasn't been discussed at all the last year or so since we were not happy with his performance, is there any new intel on the job Brandon Harris is doing? Obviously it looks great since recruiting is rolling but really curious if there is a perception shift of him or if the team just makes anyone look good.

• Hook 'Em 1

Was thinking about this given the unfortunate news about Akina

Who was the last corner that Texas sent the league who was able to actually stick in the league as a corner (special teams doesn’t count)?

48 minutes ago, Teryor said:

Genuine question since he hasn't been discussed at all the last year or so since we were not happy with his performance, is there any new intel on the job Brandon Harris is doing? Obviously it looks great since recruiting is rolling but really curious if there is a perception shift of him or if the team just makes anyone look good.

In the last few days, on OTF Bobby Burton provided very favorable comments about the jobs that both Brandon Harris and Billy Glasscock are doing behind the scenes.  

7 minutes ago, Nope said:

Who was the last corner that Texas sent the league who was able to actually stick in the league as a corner (special teams doesn’t count)?

You mean as a starter? Because Kris Boyd is a corner on the Texans roster.

8 minutes ago, Nope said:

Damn, as a week to week starter it has been a while for CBs. Kris Boyd has stuck around but I don’t think he’s started much. Jamison played for the Panthers this year but mainly special teams I think. 

For guys they actually played CB in the NFL at a high level, you may have to go all the way back to the Ced Griffin/Aaron Ross class? Holy shit

2 minutes ago, UncleSonny said:

Damn, as a week to week starter it has been a while for CBs. Kris Boyd has stuck around but I don’t think he’s started much. Jamison played for the Panthers this year but mainly special teams I think. 

For guys they actually played CB in the NFL at a high level, you may have to go all the way back to the Ced Griffin/Aaron Ross class? Holy shit

And yet people get grumpy when other fanbases think of LSU as DBU these days.

• Hook 'Em 1

8 minutes ago, UncleSonny said:

Yeah Ross and Tarell Brown appears to be the answer 

• Like 1

36 minutes ago, MuellerHorn said:

Aaron Williams played CB for two seasons before moving to SS for the Bills. 

But yeah, it has been a while. 

Good reason to post his interception against OU.  I was in the stands that day and I swore it was one of the most athletic DB plays I would ever see.  Glad that we’re finally recruiting athletes like this again.

• Hook 'Em 8

4 minutes ago, Professor Chesney said:

Good reason to post his interception against OU.  I was in the stands that day and I swore it was one of the most athletic DB plays I would ever see.  Glad that we’re finally recruiting athletes like this again.

That's some all-madden bullshit

7 minutes ago, Professor Chesney said:

He was such a good player.

1 hour ago, LTtxfan said:

In the last few days, on OTF Bobby Burton provided very favorable comments about the jobs that both Brandon Harris and Billy Glasscock are doing behind the scenes.  

Sounds more like Harris and Glasscock are two of his best sources in the program.  

14 minutes ago, Professor Chesney said:

I’d settle for seeing a corner actually track the ball in the air….don’t think I’ve seen that since Akina left either

• Rage+1 1

1 hour ago, Professor Chesney said:

He and AJ Abrams were two of the best athletes to ever come out of McNeil HS.

• Hook 'Em 1

4 hours ago, Nope said:

Is there actually any other news outside of the coach “thinking” Akina will come back?

3 hours ago, Post Oak said:

He was such a good player.

Need some DBU guys sons to get to high school.  it’s been that long.  Aaron Ross and Sonya Richards offspring would have every genetic advantage to be players in something.

35 minutes ago, Hiphopopotamos said:

Doesn't seem possible.

That is legit impressive. You swap him with a random surly poster and chances are they stumble drunk into a championship at least one time on one of those teams. 

Edited by Bevo14
  • Like 1