2024 Texas Football Coaching and Support Staff Thread

RaysBoomBoomRoom

6 minutes ago, Spider2YBanana said:

The way he talked on OTF he discovered Moro Ojomo, so who knows?

Moro Ojomo played at Katy.  He wasn't 'discovered', he was just a late-riser because he graduated high school at 12 years old.

This isn't a Josh Jacobs situation where literally no one had heard of the kid until his shit started getting posted on twitter.

• Hook 'Em 3

Just now, Hiphopopotamos said:

Moro Ojomo played at Katy.  He wasn't 'discovered', he was just a late-riser because he graduated high school at 12 years old.

This isn't a Josh Jacobs situation where literally no one had heard of the kid until his shit started getting posted on twitter.

I'm just telling you what Jake said, it's not my opinion. He actually said he discovered Moro when he was going on 12 and told Herman about him and they offered him. 

Kyle Flood rumors to BC as head coach circling now….  That would suck, we just got a good line for the first time in 10 plus years.  
Fucking hell. I know with success comes coach raiding, but he's one of the 2 left we really need to keep. (Other being Choice of course)

21 minutes ago, Tex-19 said:

Looks like BoB is getting the most public buzz for the BC job right now. That would actually seem like a good hire for them and makes sense given his Boston ties

This would be great obviously for retaining flood, less great because OSU would then be getting an upgrade at OC

• Hook 'Em 2
  • Like 1

2 hours ago, Daichee Bell said:

Now that he’s leaving, I’ll address it an odd experience with Glasscock, where he was openly talking about players that he felt were good, bad, or replaceable to a bunch of donors without any real context as to who we were.  Wholeheartedly understand how he was doing good work, but not the interaction one would have expected in that situation.  The buddy I was with is tight with some of the family for a defensive lineman. Thankfully, Glasscock had good things to say, otherwise he would have been tracked right back to the  family.  My feeling was that there was a lot of in-house stuff discussed out of house.

Onward and upward. Hook ‘em.

That is terrible emotional intelligence. 

• Hook 'Em 2

32 minutes ago, Vito Andolini said:

I remember back in the early days of the internet, innocently clicking away and seeing horrific images of a guy getting his armed pulled off in a tug of war match, shotgun victims, things that were prolapsed that shouldn’t be prolapsed, girls in tubs (not the good kind), Pickle Incidents, etc. 

None of it was as bad as the last couple days on this fucking thread.

Did you witness the dying days of ShaggyBevo?

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, Vito Andolini said:

I remember back in the early days of the internet, innocently clicking away and seeing horrific images of a guy getting his armed pulled off in a tug of war match, shotgun victims, things that were prolapsed that shouldn’t be prolapsed, girls in tubs (not the good kind), Pickle Incidents, etc. 

Whitehouse.com surprised a lot of parents back in the day 😁

• Haha 3

As I recall, Rotton.com was the first website I ever saw.  

• Hook 'Em 1

I was a freshman in 95 and living at the Pearl St Co-op. My neighbor introduced me to the internet with some site that was called binaries or something and it was weird beastiality stuff and other crazy shit.  

Early internet was wild. 

• Hook 'Em 2

5 hours ago, Vito Andolini said:

I see you're a man of fine tastes and also visited gore.com 

18 hours ago, Daichee Bell said:

Now that he’s leaving, I’ll address it an odd experience with Glasscock, where he was openly talking about players that he felt were good, bad, or replaceable to a bunch of donors without any real context as to who we were.  Wholeheartedly understand how he was doing good work, but not the interaction one would have expected in that situation.  The buddy I was with is tight with some of the family for a defensive lineman. Thankfully, Glasscock had good things to say, otherwise he would have been tracked right back to the  family.  My feeling was that there was a lot of in-house stuff discussed out of house.

Onward and upward. Hook ‘em.

You guys do know that roster management has a lot more to do than just recruiting right? This is not an accident and wasn’t bad. It’s desired. Get in the mother fucker if you suck or can’t cut it. A lot of people don’t realize this is a lot more than the HS cycle. It’s the entire active player pool as well. Roster holes don’t fill themselves. 

16 hours ago, Dbeasy said:

That is terrible emotional intelligence. 

It’s the opposite. The earlier you can prepare someone to leave the better. 

• Hook 'Em 3

29 minutes ago, immamac said:

You guys do know that roster management has a lot more to do than just recruiting right? This is not an accident and wasn’t bad. It’s desired. Get in the mother fucker if you suck or can’t cut it. A lot of people don’t realize this is a lot more than the HS cycle. It’s the entire active player pool as well. Roster holes don’t fill themselves. 

Unless I’m misunderstanding his story, he wasn’t preparing the player and family for leaving. He was talking shit about them behind their backs to a bunch of donors in a group setting. That’s hardly high EQ.  Even talking to individual donors about each player in a private setting would be fine. 

• Hook 'Em 4
  • Like 1

19 minutes ago, immamac said:

Yeah, I get that. Don’t disagree with you. But, I think there’s something to being being professional, especially when you’re hitting people up for millions of dollars.  If it’s supposed to be run like a business, which it’s going to be to get and sustain high dollar donations, he didn’t present well. Maybe that was a one off. Dunno. Don’t know the guy. Harris was better in my opinion, but was obviously figuring things out.

12 minutes ago, Dbeasy said:

Unless I’m misunderstanding his story, he wasn’t preparing the player and family for leaving. He was talking shit about them behind their backs to a bunch of donors in a group setting. That’s hardly high EQ.  Even talking to individual donors about each player in a private setting would be fine. 

Correct. 

• Hook 'Em 4

1 hour ago, immamac said:

Roster management is indeed important, and this was a shitty way of going about it.

A good friend’s nephew was an offensive lineman when John Mackovic was hired. He wasn’t a starter but was a solid backup who was getting decent playing time.  As the story goes, Mackovic calls the player into his office and says right to the kid’s face something to the effect of, “I’ve watched your film from last season and I don’t know if you’re right for this team going forward.” The kid’s parents then called Mackovic with a big “what the fuck, Coach?”  He tells them, “Look, I just need to figure out who really wants to be on this team and put in the work.”  The kid guts it out in spring practice, stays on the team and graduates with a T-Ring. 

Mackovic had a lot of faults, but that story—while sort of outdated in today’s world of player transition—is a good example of roster management and trying to separate the wheat from chaff. The Glasscock story is not.

Edited by South Austin
  • Hook 'Em 6

2 hours ago, Dbeasy said:

Yea idk wtf he was talking about, that’s bush league if true.

• Hook 'Em 2

Roster “management” happened as far back to the ‘60s and DKR that I can speak of. My Dad was a “valuable” practice player for four years and was glad to be on a partial scholarship throughout his time on the 40. He didn’t “letter” until his Senior year (Fall of 63).

Hook’em!!!
  • Hook 'Em 3

10 hours ago, msucolt45 said:

Roster “management” happened as far back to the ‘60s and DKR that I can speak of. My Dad was a “valuable” practice player for four years and was glad to be on a partial scholarship throughout his time on the 40. He didn’t “letter” until his Senior year (Fall of 63).

Hook’em!!!

"Why" so many "quotes"?

• Haha 1