Florida State can fuck off

BigOrange1

28 minutes ago, thunderlounge said:

I never said they care. They can't understand the difference between competitive football and pop-warner, let alone what "undefeated" means.

They prefer the term "unconquered"

It's the FSU version of Aggies' "we never lost, just games we were behind when time ran out"

1 hour ago, gatormarc said:

They might still.

They've already announced they are lighting up the capitol building for their undefeated season.

I understand they hung a Final Four banner for their 2020 basketball team.

But.. they... weren't... undefeated...

Oh my God. Y'all are so right. They really are Florida Aggy.

• Hook 'Em 1

So FSU was going into their bowl game undefeated on the season, and most of their starters decided that since they weren't in the playoffs, they would just quit on their teammates and coaches and fans?

Given a chance for an undefeated season, they just quit and went to pout like a bunch of third graders?

Do any of the quitters expect to still be starters next year? Were they all seniors or lower classmen expecting to go in the NFL draft or maybe the portal?

Are those the kind of guys you want on your team badly enough to risk a high draft choice or scholarship on a quitter? Would you use a high draft choice on some guy who's going to quit once his team looks to be out of Super Bowl contention?

Seems like a poor strategy for guys who want to be paid millions to play a game. 

• Hook 'Em 6

3 hours ago, gatormarc said:

They might still.

They've already announced they are lighting up the capitol building for their undefeated season.

I understand they hung a Final Four banner for their 2020 basketball team.

I don't understand this. They have won things, why are they acting like such losers?

Like they are the only school to have been screwed over by the Bowls/BCS/Committee or whatever.

• Hook 'Em 1

26 minutes ago, DoobieWah said:

So FSU was going into their bowl game undefeated on the season, and most of their starters decided that since they weren't in the playoffs, they would just quit on their teammates and coaches and fans?

Given a chance for an undefeated season, they just quit and went to pout like a bunch of third graders?

Do any of the quitters expect to still be starters next year? Were they all seniors or lower classmen expecting to go in the NFL draft or maybe the portal?

Are those the kind of guys you want on your team badly enough to risk a high draft choice or scholarship on a quitter? Would you use a high draft choice on some guy who's going to quit once his team looks to be out of Super Bowl contention?

Seems like a poor strategy for guys who want to be paid millions to play a game. 

did we have guys quit before our bowl last year? Were they drafted?

4 hours ago, Vic Mackey said:

The committee made the right choice getting the 4 best teams into the playoffs this year.

How many of the 4 playoff teams would Vegas currently have Georgia favored over? 3? All? So is it always "just put the 4 best in"?

Not saying they should be in the playoff after losing their essentially one game season--they shouldn't--but the argument for FSU was always how randomly the committee applies "deserved" vs. "best" based on who the school/conference is.

No one anywhere was arguing the FSU was one of the 4 best teams with their high school freshman backup QBs.

• Hook 'Em 2

17 minutes ago, DoobieWah said:

Were we playing for an undefeated season?

They had no shot in hell without their QB and they all knew it, we knew it, everyone knew it. You want to call them quitters then call our guys quitters too.

2 minutes ago, Valmy77 said:

I don't understand this. They have won things, why are they acting like such losers?

Like they are the only school to have been screwed over by the Bowls/BCS/Committee or whatever.

I think it's the culmination of things.

For decades, they were cut out of the SEC because frankly they didn't bring anything to the deal. To be fair, no one did. UF sponsored them about a dozen times and most of the time, it never got to a second to bring to discussion.

They joined the ACC over the SEC because they wanted an easier route to a football championship and to advance their basketball program and also because they wanted to be part of the upper crust of academics. 

They saw it as a route to jump Florida in all three while also thumbing their nose at the SEC and decades of being ignored.

Football wise, it worked great through most of Bowden's tenure. They love to point at the ridiculously long string of top 5 finishes thanks in large part to a weak schedule. It was a calculated decision and it paid off. Next year, it will too once the playoff expands. This year, it didn't.

Basketball wise, they had to watch UF win 2 titles and go to an additional two Final Fours when they were supposed to be the basketball program in the state because of the ACC (see 2020 banner).

Recently, FSU's academics finally started to improve, but they are still well behind UF. 

Athletically, they have also improved a lot too but still behind UF.

And now they are dealing with an unforeseen monetary gap because they are not in the Big 2 while also dealing with fan dissatisfaction because most FSU fans still are not interested in most of their conference opponents unless they are winning big. Going to Tally is a pain for most of the fans in the core population of the state and it's not a cheap weekend.

Those little things add up if you aren't playing enticing games either because of your opponents or because you aren't winning. They are currently looking to reduce capacity of Doak to 65k as part of their current renovations. That's not uncommon now but it's a big drop.

• Hook 'Em 2

2 minutes ago, aggie08 said:

How many of the 4 playoff teams would Vegas currently have Georgia favored over? 3? All? So is it always "just put the 4 best in"?

Not saying they should be in the playoff after losing their essentially one game season--they shouldn't--but the argument for FSU was always how randomly the committee applies "deserved" vs. "best" based on who the school/conference is.

No one anywhere was arguing the FSU was one of the 4 best teams with their high school freshman backup QBs.

the committee thought Georgia would beat Bama and everything would be wrapped up in a nice bow, but Bama fucked it all up. SEC was getting in no matter what and we all know it. Committee shoud have dropped FSU the week before if they were going to go that route. But obviously we've been through all this.

• Hook 'Em 1

6 minutes ago, hookem48 said:

They had no shot in hell without their QB and they all knew it, we knew it, everyone knew it. You want to call them quitters then call our guys quitters too.

Then they should’ve said that instead of acting so aggrieved and then quitting when they had a chance to demonstrate how good they still were. 

Edited by Doc Daneeka
  • Hook 'Em 3

3 minutes ago, Doc Daneeka said:

Then they should’ve said that instead of acting so aggrieved and then quitting when they had a chance to demonstrate how good they still were. 

they were pissed and then made a business decision just like our guys would have done if we didn't get in. This isn't Surly dipshits playing their last high school game.

Just now, hookem48 said:

they were pissed and then made a business decision just like our guys would have done if we didn't get in. This isn't Surly dipshits playing their last high school game.

Assumes facts not in evidence. All we know for sure is that they packed it in and UGA didn’t. 

• Hook 'Em 1

31 minutes ago, hookem48 said:

did we have guys quit before our bowl last year? Were they drafted?

6 minutes ago, hookem48 said:

C73D561B-3E2D-4C10-80DE-D0B045BAD578.gif.c524fe0d9af8cf0dd78a65e7edab0cf4.gif

• Haha 1
  • Fuck Around and Find Out 1

1 minute ago, hookem48 said:

Kudos to UGA, don't mean shit though and even Kirby said as much.

FSU is a national laughingstock but, sure, it doesn’t mean shit.

I think it means they’re crying bitches who gave a bitch’s effort. You, of course, can think whatever you want. 

• Hook 'Em 1

Georgia pretty clearly was a step down from the prior two years and didn’t have the same level of opt outs/draft. Everyone worth a shit on FSU didn’t play. Not surprised it got out of hand. 

FSU with everyone all in and the true backup in may have kept it competitive but Georgia probably would’ve won comfortably.  I don’t fault dudes like Verse for sitting out when he’s gonna be a top pick. 

But after FSU went total bitch mode they deserved to lose by 60. Can’t complain, back AG lawsuits, then sue your own conference in the last month and then roll out how they did.  They’re a laughingstock and rightfully so, and bitchass Danny Kanell makes it even better.  

1 hour ago, hookem48 said:

Our guys didn't pack it in in the Alamo Bowl last year. Or any of our shitty Bowls. Sure we had a few guys who were going to the NFL sit out, completely understandable business decision, but our next guys up came to play.

Besides you can't tell me that many off that truly putrid FSU team are going to the NFL.

What? Is FSU's depth all Division III guys or something?

I just don't understand why you are trying to convince us our guys would do the same thing when we already have years of evidence of them, you know, not doing that. Is this more "ignore what actually happened and instead believe my hypothetical fantasy scenario" BS? I just don't believe we would have had tons of players refuse to play in the Cotton Bowl (or whatever) if we had gotten left out. Sure maybe a few guys who were headed to the NFL but we would have been fine.

Besides it takes more of an effort than just having a few starters out to lose 63-3. 

Edited by Valmy77
  • Hook 'Em 1

19 minutes ago, Valmy77 said:

What? Is FSU's depth all Division III guys or something?

Norvell hasn't been lighting it up in recruiting. He's not a bad recruiter by any means, but he has not recruited at an elite level yet.

Up to now, he has done very well in the portal to fill in those gaps and he has always known for his coaching acumen, not just some guy who throws talent at a problem.

This year was his first elite level class but it took several hits on ESD though they did still sign a very talented class.

It's worth noting that the UF class that got gutted pretty bad on ESD and was considered one of the big losers on ESD still has a higher average rating than this year's FSU class. 

FSU isn’t alleging the refs threw the game to UGA, that Georgia stole their signs or played ringers. FSU isn’t alleging that the headsets only functioned on one sideline or that anyone poisoned their Powerade. They fully admit they were terrible. They think losing because they were far and away the worse team needs some nuance and context. Everything they say comes across as, “We lost in epic fashion because we stunk in epic fashion, but…” No one cares why they think they were so bad or why it should matter. If you don’t want to eat the worst bowl loss ever, don’t play such awful football.

4 hours ago, aggie08 said:

Let me guess Georgia should’ve been in over Texas ?

4 hours ago, Pig Bellmont said:

lol what in the actual fuck

4 hours ago, Sheep Have Wool said:

I have so many questions, but I actually don't want the answers.

4 hours ago, UTGrad98 said:

This is so fucked up I had to rep the post. I don't know what this is supposed to be about. 

3 hours ago, DFW Horn said:

Whoever did this is one sick fuck. No rep and may God have mercy on your soul.

15 minutes ago, HornsOverIthaca said:

This. This.  This.  My god.

welcome to the internet, how was your first day here?

• Hook 'Em 1

9 hours ago, Gatorubet said:

Hahah, Norvell really said, after suffering the worst loss in bowl-game history, “this is a championship level team.” He also said that if they had been in the playoffs, a couple of guys would have had two more days to get healthy and would have been able to play. He is such a little crybaby! 
The Twitter/X posters are rightly calling him out for how his month of whining filtered down to the players and affected their performances