Week 14, 2023, Texas v Washington, College Football Playoff Edition

Wulaw Horn

1 hour ago, Cajun said:

Middle finger rep is cool and all @Bobby Layne, but damned if I’m not curious to find out why my just relating what Finebaum said on his show would garner such a response.

Care to give some context?

Haha he does that to me too from time to time, so does pilots error and cairn horn. Random negs, it actually makes me laugh now. At first I was puzzled but it’s harmless. 

• immamac unpinned this topic
41 minutes ago, Navin R. Johnson said:

Blue is Jamaal Charles 

anchor man GIF

Jamaal Charles as a true Freshman led the Texas RB room in carries (119) for 878 yards, averaged 7.4 YPC with 11 TDs and had another 14 catches for for 157 yards and 2 TDs.

Jaydon Blue through 2 years: 71 carries, 5.2 YPC, 372 yards, 2 TDs. 10 catches for 90 yards and 1 TD. still 3rd on the team in carries, had to have an injury to Blue to actually get carries and just had 10 carries for 3.3 yards against Oklahoma State.

you should post less.

Edited by NoName

12 hours ago, Bodacious Bevo said:

Lol man we're all high on Sark but so far the UW shit talk on him is like 2/10 compared to the things that have been said about him on here even as recently as 2 months ago 

No shit. These Husky fans need to go to the "This is who Steve Sarkisian is"  thread if they need some ammo/instruction on how to do this properly.  So far I'm not impressed. Of course, the Washington fans may all still be stoned and not realize yet that they're still playing football.

• Haha 1

13 hours ago, Warrrshington said:

Just telling you what to expect. The guy melted down when we ended his SC career. He wore a carpetbagger hat and berated a field attendant last year. It’s going down again. DeBoer is DeGod👌👌Start sweating and squatting Steve😎

Christ.  I a little surprised how weak the shit talk is these Washington dorks are bringing to surly. I'm not sure why I expected better

8 minutes ago, Navin R. Johnson said:

Charles was not the primary back at the beginning of the season. Also like Charles, Blue has progressed rapidly and earned the coach’s trust to be a primary RB, and he continues to impress with his speed and big play ability. 

Youre Wrong John C Mcginley GIF

RB Room rushes by game for the first 5 games of 2005

• ULL - Charles 14, Melton 6
  • Ohio State - Charles 10, Melton 2
  • Rice - Charles 10, Melton 14 (3 for Melton in the first half, 11 in the 2nd half of a game that was 42-0 at the half)
  • Missouri - Charles 15, Melton 9
  • OU - Charles 9, Melton 2

30 minutes ago, NoName said:

anchor man GIF

Jamaal Charles as a true Freshman led the Texas RB room in carries (119) for 878 yards, averaged 7.4 YPC with 11 TDs and had another 14 catches for for 157 yards and 2 TDs.

Jaydon Blue through 2 years: 71 carries, 5.2 YPC, 372 yards, 2 TDs. 10 catches for 90 yards and 1 TD. still 3rd on the team in carries, had to have an injury to Blue to actually get carries and just had 10 carries for 3.3 yards against Oklahoma State.

you should post less.

23 minutes ago, Navin R. Johnson said:

Charles was not the primary back at the beginning of the season. Also like Charles, Blue has progressed rapidly and earned the coach’s trust to be a primary RB, and he continues to impress with his speed and big play ability. 

just put "poor man's" in front of Charles describing Blue and be done with it.

$9.95 pls.

8 minutes ago, NoName said:

• Rice - Charles 10, Melton 14 (3 for Melton in the first half, 11 in the 2nd half of a game that was 42-0 at the half)

Melton? wasn't that Shelton? I think it's Henry Shelton. maybe you should post less. I kid. I kid.

• Haha 4

32 minutes ago, NoName said:

anchor man GIF

you should post less.

I don't think he meant that Blue is literally Jamaal Charles. 

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Haha 1

20 minutes ago, Horn Under a Bad Sign said:

No shit. These Husky fans need to go to the "This is who Steve Sarkisian is"  thread if they need some ammo/instruction on how to do this properly.  So far I'm not impressed. Of course, the Washington fans may all still be stoned and not realize yet that they're still playing football.

that's what happens when you replace red meat steaks with quinoa "power" bowls.

• Like 1
  • Haha 4

10 hours ago, F250 said:

lulz

I went to Dennys on St. Johns late one night with my roommate and we were both on shrooms. It was one of those "this isn't working, should take a lot more situations."

My roommate, "The letters on my menu are moving around like ants."

I briefly went to the middle school behind that Denny's. Hanging around that area on shrooms sounds like a recipe for an awful trip to me. 

• Hook 'Em 2

2 hours ago, Gut Wagon said:

I'd love to see Sark now dial up a little more deception off those WR screen sets. A lot of those screens go nowhere; they get sniffed out instantly, and we don't consistently block well enough out there. I assume Sark has a reason behind every play, so maybe he keeps running that one partly to set up a variation at a critical point of a playoff game. At least, that's what I'm telling myself. 

What's with this new resurgence of people using the phrase "dial up?" 

We haven't had rotary phones for 30 years and now everyone uses "dial up" in everyday conversation?

• Haha 1

7 minutes ago, Warrrshington said:

Just telling you what to expect. The guy melted down when we ended his SC career. He wore a carpetbagger hat and berated a field attendant last year. It’s going down again. DeBoer is DeGod👌👌Started sweating and squatting Steve😎

You are one narcissistic  SOB. I think Jack Daniels ended his USC career. This "we ended" shit is just stupid.. The guy is in the playoffs, so I think he is doing fine. 

Edited by Codaxx
  • Hook 'Em 8

Just telling you what to expect. The guy melted down when we ended his SC career. He wore a carpetbagger hat and berated a field attendant last year. It’s going down again. DeBoer is DeGodStarted sweating and squatting Steve

I'm not sure what you're going for, but whatever it is, you're not accomplishing it. You just come off as a really weird little dude.
  • Hook 'Em 3

7 minutes ago, Warrrshington said:

Texas is a great team. My confidence is more rooted in watching what UW’s done since DeBoer got here. This team reminds us all of the Marques Tuiasosopo 2000 team of destiny that beat Miami (best team ever?) and won the rose bowl for their paralyzed brother Curtis Williams. They’re so locked in it’s crazy.

UW is pretty similar to last year but has a much better secondary (added CB Jabbar Muhammad), mainly due to familiarity with the system in year 2. Our safeties look like completely different guys from last year.

RB Dillon Johnson (Mississippi State) is a complete back and a big upgrade from last year.

UW could absolutely lose this game but I would never bet against them. They’ve so been through the fire.

Coach K is the other god and the best decision sark ever made. He was beyond loyal to coach Petersen and sark came in at the right time (when Jimmy douchebag Lake was HC) to snatch him away. No coach K and where would Texas be??

That being said, we got 3 NFL receivers, a veteran stud qb, an OL full of NFL talent and a healthy defense that had to win many games to keep us undefeated when health was a major issue. Everybody’s healthy now.

I do pull for Texas and sark most of the time. Happy he’s turned it around. Happy for Choate. I’ll be in New Orleans and it should be fun. 

WR talent in the this game is crazy. IF you included Sanders (TE), there are 6 NFL pass catchers out there. I think this game comes down to wo can disrupt the passer. Texas is vastly improved on offense from last year. Adding AD Mitchell has been a game changer and Quinn is in his second year as a starter. Should be a good game. 

• Hook 'Em 2
  • Drool 1

20 minutes ago, Warrrshington said:

Just telling you what to expect. The guy melted down when we ended his SC career. He wore a carpetbagger hat and berated a field attendant last year. It’s going down again. DeBoer is DeGod👌👌Started sweating and squatting Steve😎

Repeating the same dumb, weak shit twice? Negged.   

• Hook 'Em 2

35 minutes ago, NoName said:

I generally agree that comparing Blue (who I like) to Jamaal Charles is pretty stupid, but what is with this Selvin Young erasure? 

• Hook 'Em 1

23 minutes ago, Warrrshington said:

No one in this thread or outside whatever weird little corner of UW fandom you live in remembers or gives a shit about whatever the hat or field attendant thing were.

19 minutes ago, Beau Vine said:

What's with this new resurgence of people using the phrase "dial up?" 

We haven't had rotary phones for 30 years and now everyone uses "dial up" in everyday conversation?

This is why I love this website. 

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, texifornia said:

Example # 1,536 why there should be different targeting penalties. Charge us 15 for the blindside/targeting? Okay. He missed the second half of a championship game & the first half of a playoff game for that?!? Bull-fucking-shit.

This shit needed to be fixed years ago but, alas, the NCAA.

• Hook 'Em 3
  • Rage+1 1
  • Drool 1

16 minutes ago, Warrrshington said:

Texas is a great team. My confidence is more rooted in watching what UW’s done since DeBoer got here. This team reminds us all of the Marques Tuiasosopo 2000 team of destiny that beat Miami (best team ever?) and won the rose bowl for their paralyzed brother Curtis Williams. They’re so locked in it’s crazy.

So locked in that you barely scraped by 5-7 Washington State at home. Just absolutely crazy levels of locked in. 

• Haha 3

1 minute ago, hook me said:

Example # 1,536 why there should be different targeting penalties. Charge us 15 for the blindside/targeting? Okay. He missed the second half of a championship game & the first half of a playoff game for that?!? Bull-fucking-shit.

This shit needed to be fixed years ago but, alas, the NCAA.

Worst written rule in college football, it’s just way too punitive, random and subjective.

• Hook 'Em 1

34 minutes ago, Warrrshington said:

Why are you referring to something over and over so many years ago. He’s had significant personal changes since then. And why is your posting style like a 12 year old junior high student?

• Hook 'Em 2

23 minutes ago, Warrrshington said:

UW is pretty similar to last year but has a much better secondary (added CB Jabbar Muhammad), mainly due to familiarity with the system in year 2. Our safeties look like completely different guys from last year.

RB Dillon Johnson (Mississippi State) is a complete back and a big upgrade from last year.

UW could absolutely lose this game but I would never bet against them. They’ve so been through the fire.

Coach K is the other god and the best decision sark ever made. He was beyond loyal to coach Petersen and sark came in at the right time (when Jimmy douchebag Lake was HC) to snatch him away. No coach K and where would Texas be??

That being said, we got 3 NFL receivers, a veteran stud qb, an OL full of NFL talent and a healthy defense that had to win many games to keep us undefeated when health was a major issue. Everybody’s healthy now.

I do pull for Texas and sark most of the time. Happy he’s turned it around. Happy for Choate. I’ll be in New Orleans and it should be fun. 

we've got a long history of stifling defenses. our DBs are not playing to our standard (though our front seven are) so in simpliest terms, PK is not a god around here.

33 minutes ago, Warrrshington said:

That's funny, we can say the exact same thing. Except our guys outweigh your guys by 30 pounds across the lines. 

Edited by Vertigo
  • Hook 'Em 2

1 minute ago, Vertigo said:

That's funny, we can say the exact same thing. Except our guys outweigh your guys by 30 pounds across the lines. 

Washington fans are going to be pretty shocked at what our interior DL will do.

Heck, the entire country is going to be pretty shocked at what they can do without being hamstrung by B12 refs.

It's going to be glorious.

• Hook 'Em 2
  • Drool 2
  • Fuck Around and Find Out 1

49 minutes ago, Warrrshington said:

you keep saying this and i think you are confused.

are you talking about him wearing a cowboy hat?

https://cdn.vox-cdn.com/thumbor/OxUmTXRZ6ymXS-1qykYwehPPVC0=/1400x1400/filters:format(jpeg)/cdn.vox-cdn.com/uploads/chorus_asset/file/24528348/1453205937.jpg

30 minutes ago, UncleSonny said:

I generally agree that comparing Blue (who I like) to Jamaal Charles is pretty stupid, but what is with this Selvin Young erasure? 

in what is the wildest shit ive seen in a while he is not a player that exists in ESPN's database, so he doesn't show up in the box score for 2005 at all. only 2006 for some wild reason when he was at Texas 02-06. i thought he got hurt one year and guess i thought it was 05. my bad totally and completely.

2005 Texas Rushing stats @ Football Reference:

image.png.2bd7a8a847f9a5121e267ccce6d072b6.png

2005 Texas Rushing Stats at ESPN:

image.thumb.png.e87f780a3772acadb510ea1cc8dd72cc.png

36 minutes ago, Warrrshington said:

UW 2022 - Giving up 368.8 yards per game, 241.8 yards per game passing, 26.3 points per game. 

UW 2023 - Giving up 396.6 yards per game (+27.8), 263.2 yards per game passing (+21.4), 23.6 points per game (-2.7). 

UW 2022 - FEI defensive ranking (adjusted efficiency) - 84

UW 2023 - FEI defensive ranking (adjusted efficiency) - 27 (!)

58 minutes ago, Warrrshington said:

record player GIF

5 minutes ago, NoName said:

in what is the wildest shit ive seen in a while he is not a player that exists in ESPN's database, so he doesn't show up in the box score for 2005 at all. only 2006 for some wild reason when he was at Texas 02-06. i thought he got hurt one year and guess i thought it was 05. my bad totally and completely.

2005 Texas Rushing stats @ Football Reference:

image.png.2bd7a8a847f9a5121e267ccce6d072b6.png

2005 Texas Rushing Stats at ESPN:

image.thumb.png.e87f780a3772acadb510ea1cc8dd72cc.png

ESPN is most definitely wrong. It appears to have deleted Selvin Young from existence, which is pretty fucked up. 

Just now, Dahobbs said:

UW 2022 - Giving up 368.8 yards per game, 241.8 yards per game passing, 26.3 points per game. 

UW 2023 - Giving up 396.6 yards per game (+27.8), 263.2 yards per game passing (+21.4), 23.6 points per game (-2.7). 

they are way better at the underlying stats YoY

image.png.6a13777d3a22147604052dcd48de90e0.png

2022 vs the #59 SOS (ELS):

Spoiler

image.png.3659223895eefe78da393a59fcad4fa5.png

2023 vs the #2 SOS (ELS):

Spoiler

image.png.96a472e00e30a8e5889dffed52104eb7.png

so they were better across the board, got more turnover luck, gave up fewer TDs and then got a nice SOS adjustment.

• Hook 'Em 1

8 minutes ago, Dahobbs said:

You sound like a duck fan:)

• Fuck You 4

30 minutes ago, Hank Kingsley said:

That really sucks re: Derek Williams. 

But with a month to figure it out I expect/hope for us to manage. 

No Williams, no Catalon, our pets heads are falling off. Fortunately, safety play isn't going to be important against *checks notes* a deep ball offense with 3 NFL receivers... 

What is nice is that Washington isn't like an air raid attack that gets the ball all quickly in space. Those sorts of game plans have hurt us quite a bit. While we don't play the deep ball particularly well on the backend, our line generally does a good job of making it hard for an offense to consistently rely on routes that require that much time. 

• Hook 'Em 1

Just now, Dahobbs said:

No Williams, no Catalon, our pets heads are falling off. Fortunately, safety play isn't going to be important against *checks notes* a deep ball offense with 3 NFL receivers... 

What is nice is that Washington isn't like an air raid attack that gets the ball all quickly in space. Those sorts of game plans have hurt us quite a bit. While we don't play the deep ball particularly well on the backend, our line generally does a good job of making it hard for an offense to consistently rely on routes that require that much time. 

Need to get Mukuba from portal and rush his enrollment

• Like 1

39 minutes ago, Reynolds Woodcock said:

So locked in that you barely scraped by 5-7 Washington State at home. Just absolutely crazy levels of locked in. 

Not sure you should be hating on a team having an unexpectedly close game against an overmatched in-state opponent, chief.

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Haha 2
  • Rage+1 1

• Pancho locked this topic
  • Pancho unlocked this topic