CFP Semifinal: Michigan/Alabama Rose Bowl - 4pm CT ESPN

ztejas

If I remove my fan cap, admittedly I feel like all (4) of these teams are capable of winning the natty.  No one stands out heads above the rest.  Just a matter of who wants it more, who is able to weather the complacency of a month off, who’s not just happy to be there, etc (there’s a reason a TCU lays it on a seemingly superior Michigan team).  You’d like to think a championship on the line is motivation enough, and sometimes it is, but in my experience with these bowl games, even the playoff, you never really know what you’re going to get.  Would be better if there was no month-long break complete with “get away from all things football” Christmas break between end of reg and meaningful playoff games.   

28 minutes ago, Vic Mackey said:

416117300_10223427814139914_360705766686

I was at that one in Miami and the Orange, little did anyone know that we we seeing the beginning of that, our kicker missed an extra point in OT, that being the difference.  In retrospect, losing to Brady by point doesn't seem all that bad.  

I saw Favre play his final game in at Southern Miss in a Liberty Bowl in Birmingham.  

If you are a random under the radar NFL prospect, perhaps your odds improve if I show up to see a game.  

• Like 1
  • Drool 1

14 hours ago, MrX said:

I’m just an armchair dude but I think JJ McCarthy hasn’t seen anything like this Bama front before and he melted down against TCU last year. 

Michigan’s defense is salty as fuck and Bama is gonna have to earn pretty much everything. I see an ugly affair with Bama getting control late. Plus Harbaugh can’t seem to get his team ready for these semifinals. 

343 yards 2 tds 2 ints. Not to bad but not great

2 minutes ago, Sgt Hulk said:

Go Michigan because we already beat Bama.  I wanna beat Michigan next 

I will also appreciate the Big 12, SEC, PAC, and B1G quadfecta championship claims.

Varsity against errbody

• Haha 1

• ztejas changed the title to Michigan/Alabama Rose Bowl - 4pm CT ESPN
  • Pancho changed the title to CFP Semifinal: Michigan/Alabama Rose Bowl - 4pm CT ESPN
5 minutes ago, Aqua Buddha said:

You can bitch about the state of college football now all you want but the Rose Bowl on NYD is fucking glorious.   

Yep.  Glad the weather cooperated & it's a bright, sunny day out here.  A few days ago, there was a chance of rain in the forecast for today.

5 minutes ago, Aqua Buddha said:

You can bitch about the state of college football now all you want but the Rose Bowl on NYD is fucking glorious.   

Beautiful setting, enjoying what amounts to just a game, and a B2 bomber flying over for shits and giggles.

America, fuck yeah.