Rivalries: who do you hate the most?

TexArcher

Rivalries: who do you hate the most?  

122 members have voted

1. 1. Rivalries: who do you hate the most?

• ou sucks
    • The god damned sooners
    • I don't understand the question

I forgot where I read it, but the University of Memphis did a survey on rivalries between different schools and Texas has 11 (ELEVEN!) different schools that consider us their rival. They didn't mention the schools but I'm having trouble imagining who that would be past 6 or so.

• Hook 'Em 1

3 minutes ago, Valmy77 said:

You sure? Because both Arkansas and A&M were talking about how they were going to someplace where everybody would love and accept them and not be mean like Texas.

Yeah those turds aren't really "the SEC" at all. 

Also message board and social media people are different a lot of time than real people that went to the University and go to games and watch football. 

The SEC chant thing is literally one of 1000 things that gets chanted by teams in the SEC for the sole purpose of pissing on other teams man. It's not a brotherhood thing it's more like fuck you we are all better than you.

Then within the SEC there's 1000 things that gets said to each other, and the level of intensity and hate the game is played with is much, much higher than any other league. 

A Tom Herman led Texas team would be going though 5 or 6 QBs every season in the SEC. 

28 minutes ago, hornmpa96 said:

Since the Aggies left the Big 12, I have not thought about them at all in any sport. However, If OU had left, I would have significantly missed the annual game at the Cotton Bowl. That can’t be replaced and demonstrates to me that OU is our main rival.

If OU and Texas went to different conferences, I can guarantee you we would've gone right back to making them a permanent non-conference game just like they were for all of our lives before the Big 12 started.  To do anything besides that would've been a death knell to University of Texas athletics because if I don't have a chance to watch the Horns beat those cheating bastards every year, why the hell am I even watching?

• Hook 'Em 4

25 minutes ago, ousux said:

I forgot where I read it, but the University of Memphis did a survey on rivalries between different schools and Texas has 11 (ELEVEN!) different schools that consider us their rival. They didn't mention the schools but I'm having trouble imagining who that would be past 6 or so.

Everyone in the 2022 big 12 plus aggy and arky. Throw in UH and probably Rice and you have 13. 

• Hook 'Em 1

53 minutes ago, locodos said:

get ready to hate half your schedule.  SEC is choke full o' assholes

UF has like 4 rivalry games, 5 on years we play Duh U

I'm really looking forward to building some new rivalries in the SEC. I want more spirited rivalry games with teams that aren't embarrassing to lose to - LSU, Tennesse...

Texas will get no extra credit in the rankings for overcoming hillbilly Jihad in Fayetteville or overcoming redneck Jihad in College Station. But those teams show up for the game so hyped on hate that they're spitting their own teeth out. All risk no reward.

OU is our only rival, but they stuck with us throughout the whole realignment ordeal. The cow college from the east can go fuck themselves for the rest of eternity. I understand we have to play them, but make it some meaningless game in September. They don't deserve any special recognition from us.

• Hook 'Em 2

2 hours ago, bad_teammate said:

Pig is a distant 3rd.

OU
A&M
Pig
Rice/Tech/whatever

The idea of not playing OU is unacceptable, I would write dozens of sternly worded letters if that game stopped. Not playing A&M is painful, but overall its fine. I forget Arkansas even exists.

When I was in school it was

Land thieves

Pig

7-11 thieves

A&M

The pooooor aggys had been bad for so long, they weren't in the top 3.  At least Cougar High was competitive.

2 hours ago, locodos said:

get ready to hate half your schedule.  SEC is choke full o' assholes

UF has like 4 rivalry games, 5 on years we play Duh U

Georgia hates Florida, Auburn and Georgia Tech the way we hate OU.  And Tennessee, South Carolina and Clemson (when they play them) are pretty solid rivalries as well.

3 hours ago, nolongerU2horn said:

Anyone not saying A&M is a Longhorn fraud

Nah, weird and annoying?  Sure.  
but I have a few aggie friends.  

don’t have any meth smoking trailer park trash friends, not even my brothers in-laws.  Land thieves can all fuck right off. 

1 hour ago, Valmy77 said:

You sure? Because both Arkansas and A&M were talking about how they were going to someplace where everybody would love and accept them and not be mean like Texas.

Most long time SEC fans don't really consider aggy, pig or Mizzou part of the SEC.  

• Hook 'Em 1

1 hour ago, ousux said:

Well 8 SWC schools, OU, Okie St., Nebraska.

I don't know who was on the list, but I get to 11 pretty quick.

Anyone who attended UT in the late 80s or otherwise had to endure the relentless shit talk during the brief period aggy dominated us will say they hate aggy the most.

You could be talking about anything, your mother's cancer, and an aggy would walk up and whoop or scoreboard ro some kinda shit.

• Hook 'Em 2
  • Rage+1 1

3 hours ago, Macanudo said:

Pity was not the question.

2 hours ago, jimmyjazz said:

The answer is OU.  If the question were "which rival do you PITY more?" it would be A&M.

We have no other rivals, and A&M is a weak second to OU in terms of ever doing anything of significance.  This is why I don't hate them more.  Ironically, I also respect OU more.

Pity:  verb.  To feel sympathetic sorrow for one suffering, distressed, or unhappy

Nope.  Can’t say I feel any of that.  I delight in every misfortune they have.  I celebrate the entire catalog of their struggles and failures. 

Still hate OU more though. 

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, texasgangordie said:

it's ousucks and it's not close.

https://knowrivalry.com/team/longhorns-texas-97/

Screen Shot 2023-12-11 at 5.38.50 PM.png

Wow this is pretty cool.  Meanwhile go look at the aggy index and we are their top rival at 65.  Meanwhile TX/OU rivalry is in the 140's.  They don't generate enough of a pulse to have a combined rivalry score on both sides equal to how either the Horns or the land thieves see the TX/OU rivalry.  Those people are idiots.

2 hours ago, ousux said:

Someone posted that somewhere recently. (Look at the big brain on Chet).

I don't recall them listing the teams.

OU, ATM, Pig, Corn, SMU, Sand Aggie, TCU, Rice, Cougar High, Baylor come to mind. They all hate us (Rice meh.. but..) That's 10? 

For me, Ousux. That's all I have to contribute.

Edited by BurntEyes

3 hours ago, nolongerU2horn said:

There's a reason why they're in our fight song and we're in theirs.

Y'all are posting like 30 year olds

Meh, I always considered aggy more like a sibling rivalry with us being the older sibling and thus not really caring as much.  I mean at least they're from Texas.

The dirt burglers, on the other hand, have no redeeming qualities.

I will say this, aside from former SWC teams, (misery I don't care about really) I really dislike Georgia fans the most, living in Tennessee guess UTK is pretty annoying with their other UT shit. Bama fans remind me of Notre Dame fans when I lived in Chicago. 99% Tshirt, 100% mouth breathers.

I bet my old boss when we play OU. Been doing it since 2002. Watching TEXAS vs. Meth Heads in Afghanistan with him was fun. We lost, but he has to always be a sooner.

I make fun of the few aggy's I know when  they lose. So yeah, I guess OU.

23 minutes ago, Sbbruin said:

SC and it's not even close.  Wait, where am I?

Go home Sir, you are drunk.

Drunk Happy Hour GIF by Saturday Night Live