Joe Biden 2024 thread - Dark Brandon Strikes Again

StassneyHorn

9 hours ago, Chuckie Finster said:

Fuck yes.

It's about fucking time.  We all know that Trump has been saying gibberish on a daily basis for going on two years now and for some reason the media won't report on it.  Biden flubs one day and there are multiple stories on the NYT front page.  

• Hook 'Em 3
  • Like 1

7 hours ago, StassneyHorn said:

I want a second woman in my marriage, 65% of men agree.

Only 2% do it, guess why? 

Because Frank Stallone was booked up already?  

I don’t know if the trade off will prove worth it, but one positive from this week of anti-Biden bullshit is all the clips of Trump just being clearly fucking insane.  Won’t change any minds but it reinforces my feeling that there’s a decent shot a few million people who turned out for him last time will think, “Enough with this fucking clown.  We got no other big elections in our state, I ain’t gonna bother.”

• Hook 'Em 1

13 hours ago, StassneyHorn said:

People of Texas, still in Texas, are you seeing primary signs yet in your ‘hood? 

Guy down the street from me had a “Desantis” sign up for months that just came down. 
That is only presidential candidate sign I’ve seen. 
Seeing a number for judicial candidates etc

4 minutes ago, BrazilHorn said:

Guy down the street from me had a “Desantis” sign up for months that just came down. 
That is only presidential candidate sign I’ve seen. 
Seeing a number for judicial candidates etc

aggy, I guarantee it

12 hours ago, David Dennison said:

Um, third part candidates get on the ballot every four years. They just aren't very good at getting people to vote for them.

Maybe it’s because they run morons like Gary Johnson. Imagine thinking that guy would do a better job than Hillary or Joe.

• Hook 'Em 1

17 hours ago, Js1 said:

Because giving up the incumbency advantage is the dumbest thing you can do in politics. 

I was shot down on my previous concern troll thread about this.  I'm not sure this holds for two reasons. 

1) Are we certain that the whole "incumbency" advantage counts when the opponent has served the immediate term before this.  I'm thinking most voters view both as having whatever advantages come from incumbency.  Certainly, the only historical example, Grover Cleveland v. Benjamin Harrison (1892) proves the exact opposite.   Incumbent Cleveland loses to Harrison (1888), and then beats the shit out of Harrison in the 1892 election.  So literally the ONLY similar situation we can look at historically is that immediate incumbency didn't help Harrison.

2) Although Harrison looked old as shit, he and Cleveland were both hovering about 60.  But note that Harrison's wife died right before the election. 

And this interesting wiki tidbit:  The tariff issue dominated this rather lackluster campaign. Harrison defended the protectionist McKinley Tariff passed during his term. For his part, Cleveland assured voters that he opposed absolute free trade and would continue his campaign for a reduction in the tariff. Cleveland also denounced the Lodge Bill, a voting rights bill that sought to protect the rights of African American voters in the South.[23] William McKinley campaigned extensively for Harrison, setting the stage for his own run four years later.

I don't think the electorate is astute enough to get past Biden's softer speaking style and remnants of stutter to get to the substance of what the guys are saying. To them, the loud lunatic "seems" younger than soft spoken intellect. 

13 hours ago, gmr548 said:

The narrative if Biden were to step back and not run for reelection would be a Democratic party in shambles, and all of the campaign/white house infrastructure built over the past four years ceases to matter

Biden should have been elected, got all the shit he needed done, and then a year in should have said he's not running.  This would have given the Dems a chance to go through the election/debates and use it as an opportunity to talk about all  the shit they were getting done and how they would fine tune things and we would have had multiple forums of taking brutal pot shots at Trump. 

So I get the idea of him winning now and stepping back.  it would have been a risky strategy for him to step back in the first term but it would have been a heck of an anti-Trump message for him to say he wanted to put everything he had into this one term and take age-ist shots at Trump.

We all knew deep down that it would come down to this.  It's not the same thing as what Ruth Bader G did to the Dems but it sure as shit may turn out that way.

• Hook 'Em 2

Fun facts-deep red state Governors-Kay Ivey (AL), Mike DeWine (OH), and McMaster (SC) are older than Trump and perfectly electable apparently.  

Current GOP senators that are older than Trump but perfectly electable-McConnell, Grassley (gonna be 94 when his term is up for fuck's sakes), Risch (ID), Angus King (Independent, but kinda R-ish a lotta times), and Mitt Romney.  

Again. maybe not Biden's best week.  But it seems to have brought out a lot of previously buried footage of Trump showing off exactly how fucking in decline he is.  I give my GOP neighbor full credit for noticing it earlier this month.  The man is going down faster than we thought.  The schedule long-game is beating the shit outta him and part of his body/brain know it, even if he himself can't see it.

1 hour ago, The Original Greaser Bob said:

Biden should have been elected, got all the shit he needed done, and then a year in should have said he's not running.  This would have given the Dems a chance to go through the election/debates and use it as an opportunity to talk about all  the shit they were getting done and how they would fine tune things and we would have had multiple forums of taking brutal pot shots at Trump. 

So I get the idea of him winning now and stepping back.  it would have been a risky strategy for him to step back in the first term but it would have been a heck of an anti-Trump message for him to say he wanted to put everything he had into this one term and take age-ist shots at Trump.

We all knew deep down that it would come down to this.  It's not the same thing as what Ruth Bader G did to the Dems but it sure as shit may turn out that way.

I can't think of anyone who aspires to be president who would ever do that.

• Like 1

55 minutes ago, David Dennison said:

I can't think of anyone who aspires to be president who would ever do that.

image.gif.f457733ed2b6792e68a18540bfa3f583.gif

“And since I achieved all my goals as president in one term, there was no need for a second”

• Like 1
  • Haha 1
  • Drool 2

3 hours ago, The Original Greaser Bob said:

I was shot down on my previous concern troll thread about this.  I'm not sure this holds for two reasons. 

1) Are we certain that the whole "incumbency" advantage counts when the opponent has served the immediate term before this.  I'm thinking most voters view both as having whatever advantages come from incumbency. 

While I understand the question and look at history, why would you ever give up the "incumbency" advantage even if the opponent has effectively the same thing?  I wouldn't care to give up an advantage that puts me notably ahead, but it is pretty silly to give it up if it just brings me even.  Why start from (near) zero?

2 minutes ago, BehoId, The Underminer! said:

James K Polk

also, famously “I shall not seek, and I will not accept, the nomination of my party for another term as your president,” Lyndon B. Johnson

LBJ quit the race because he could see the writing on the wall. He was going to lose the Democratic nomination. He did not willingly step aside.

Edited by David Dennison
  • Hook 'Em 1

Yeah, nothing terribly insightful about running a campaign on winning the Electoral College which boils down to just a handful of states.  I don't need a U.S. Senator to 'splain to me.  Economy is quickly becoming a toss-up issue, or even bonus for Biden.  I get the border thing, that ain't going away from the news for the next 9 months.  Like it or not, no matter the actual facts, it's gonna be an issue that may actually drive folks to the polls---sorry that's the reality we live in.

But yeah---what in the ever living fuck on gun violence?  Is there some October surprise coming I don't know about?  And then what's the play, what's the angle after that?  Hahaha, Biden sent money to illegals to hustle guns in or shoot people or what the fuck?  I come up with twisted scenarios for a living, but what in the shit is the narrative here?  

4 minutes ago, YGIFS said:

Yeah, nothing terribly insightful about running a campaign on winning the Electoral College which boils down to just a handful of states.  I don't need a U.S. Senator to 'splain to me.  Economy is quickly becoming a toss-up issue, or even bonus for Biden.  I get the border thing, that ain't going away from the news for the next 9 months.  Like it or not, no matter the actual facts, it's gonna be an issue that may actually drive folks to the polls---sorry that's the reality we live in.

But yeah---what in the ever living fuck on gun violence?  Is there some October surprise coming I don't know about?  And then what's the play, what's the angle after that?  Hahaha, Biden sent money to illegals to hustle guns in or shoot people or what the fuck?  I come up with twisted scenarios for a living, but what in the shit is the narrative here?  

Yeah, but Republican botched the border deal and Democrats can run on that.

• Hook 'Em 4

Yeah, you know that because you can read.  Most of them can't.  

it's a tightwire act---right now I think there's 5-10mm Trumpers (in that middle 1/3rd group that's not a consistent straight-ticket voter and those that aren't diehard MAGA-both of those groups are gonna turn out anyway and not a fucking thing you can do or say that's gonna change that.  But in that middle third that held their nose and voted for him last time)...if you can peel away 5-10 from that middle 25 because they've just had it with this fucking guy and can't feign the theatrical ruse anymore...it's game over for MAGA/Trump.  But this border issue, no matter your insight into it, is still going to bring a fair number of them back to the booth after all.  And that could still spell trouble in places like Michigan and Arizona.  

37 minutes ago, Js1 said:

The GOP really wants to run on gun violence? 

Confused Tom Hanks GIF

And the border, because remember they just ran a  convoy down to the border that had dozens of people. Sure, they were mostly social media influencers that ended up fighting with each other, but still, it was dozens.

Arrested Development Reaction GIF by MOODMAN

• Hook 'Em 1

36 minutes ago, YGIFS said:

What the hell is the platform? Pro-school shooters and pro-church shootings?

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Like 1
  • Haha 1

The only thing I can think of is maybe a slight modification or reboot of the "The answer to gun violence is more guns?" kinda thing like Dan Patrick would say about a good guy with a gun?  

Or like I said, blaming gun violence on illegals or terrorists?  

Yeah, it'll quite possibly turn out being a mis-statement or brainfart but Cornyn, for all his faults politically and brisket-wise, is pretty fucking sharp.  And being in Senate leadership, he'd know what the inner-strategeries.  

I mean he coulda left it at just economy, border, and EC tactical approach.  But for him to toss "gun violence" in.  Most GOPers, I wouldn't have thought anything of it.  But that guy doesn't usually say anything without a specific purpose unlike most of his colleagues who just shit outta their mouth (also the name of his brisket recipe).  

I feel like Jack Ryan, "How do you make a crew wanna get off a nuclear submarine?!?"  How do you make gun violence a net positive in an election year for Republicans?  You have to make them wanna get off the boat?  

1 hour ago, tx 3 putt said:

Lol

GOP is running on:

Border - while blocking border security bills

The Economy - that is doing better under Biden than under Trump

Candidate age - on election day Biden will be 81 and Trump 78

and

Gun violence - @Js1 summed this one up

But you know what?  It will work, because the GOP base is the dumbest collection of meat puppets in existence. 

• Hook 'Em 2

1 hour ago, tx 3 putt said:

The Republican strategy hasn’t changed since Reagan. They’re going to scare the fuck out of Susie homemaker about illegals, minorities, and terrorists until she creams the Letter R in the voting booth. These days, Susie Homemaker is joined by a bigger group of pussies, Research Bros. These pussies are so scared of the world, they work out all day and cosplay like the village people, all because women and queer folk don’t want to fuck them. 

After they scare these idiots into voting against their self interest, they pass bills cutting benefits and cutting taxes, and these dumbfucks keep wondering why nothing gets better 

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Like 2

10 minutes ago, DixonHur said:

Lol

GOP is running on:

Border - while blocking border security bills

. . . and border arrests and expulsions are up significantly over Trump, and in fact are at multi-decade highs.

The Economy - that is doing better under Biden than under Trump

Candidate age - on election day Biden will be 81 and Trump 78

Let's not forget that Biden was "too old" in 2016 -- at age 78.  Trump is 78.

The economy?  Insanity.  INFLATION IS OUT OF CONTROL!!!!

• Hook 'Em 3

On 2/9/2024 at 9:39 PM, scottsins said:

So, when he gets asked “hey, what’s up with that special counsel report we have been waiting on?”…would Garland just reply, “I’m not going to release it because it was a terrible hatchet job. I’m not going to let you see it so just trust me, the attorney general, when I tell you I’m making the right call here.”?

Seems problematic.

Yeah, he is just a straight shooter and the way an Attorney General of the United States to be, at least in normal circumstances.  

It should be pretty obvious to anyone with a brain that this Hur dick head gratuitously impugned Biden without any actual basis for so doing. 

Edited by TwiceHorn
Didn't finish thought

Bill Barr redacted and negligently front-ran a similar report.

Garland could have easily told Hur to take out the inconsistent pot shots, or he could have done it himself.  Y'all are nuts if you think Garland had no say in the way this report was written.

27 minutes ago, jimmyjazz said:

. . . and border arrests and expulsions are up significantly over Trump, and in fact are at multi-decade highs.

Fun fact: Obama deported more illegal aliens than any other president.  And, somehow, both parties would like us to forget that.  At least they agree on something, I guess?

Pretty fucking amazing that Trump is very possibly going to win re-election campaigning primarily on an issue that he's blocking action on, so that he can use the issue as a political sledgehammer against the guy who's done as much as anyone to help the issue.  Boggles the fucking mind.

Edited by TexArcher

5 minutes ago, TexArcher said:

Fun fact: Obama deported more illegal aliens than any other president.  And, somehow, both parties would like us to forget that.  At least they agree on something, I guess?

Pretty fucking amazing that Trump is very possibly going to win re-election campaigning primarily on an issue that he's blocking action on, so that he can use the issue as a political sledgehammer against the guy who's done as much as anyone to help the issue.  Boggles the fucking mind.

At this point, the Democrat's messaging has to be "Trump is lying.  Here is the actual data.  He did very little, we've improved things immensely."

Unfortunately, the right's brains are so broken they reject statistics out of hand.  I tried this argument with a friend of a friend, and her response was "I don't believe it, this administration is letting everybody through the border".  How do you fight that?

• Hook 'Em 2
  • Like 1
  • Rage+1 1

13 minutes ago, TexArcher said:

If the Democrats started playing politics like Republicans, they'd never be out of power.

• Hook 'Em 2
  • Like 2

Bill Barr redacted and negligently front-ran a similar report.
Garland could have easily told Hur to take out the inconsistent pot shots, or he could have done it himself.  Y'all are nuts if you think Garland had no say in the way this report was written.

Like to Barr redacting the Mueller report?

* The issue surrounding a redacted internal memo within the DOJ, where they discussed Mueller’s findings and conclusions?

I’ll concede the “front-ran” portion for sure, at which point Mueller went public to counter that.

Barr’s “thing” was twisting the conclusions and findings of Mueller in order to justify a decision to NOT prosecute DOTARD.

What you are suggesting is something entirely different. What you are suggesting would be a scenario where there’s really no point to a special counsel at all. Just handle it all in house.

I don't think that's true at all.  I think it's perfectly reasonable to say "you didn't assess Biden's memory issues in the same manner whatsoever as you did others you interviewed, and in fact you ascribed them to his age when you brushed off any others' failures to correctly remember things over time.  Fix it."

How fucking hard is this?  Garland appointed him.  He is his boss.

Worst case, redact all the bullshit.

• Like 2

These silly bastards are going to focus on the robust economy, the problem at the border that they aren't allowed to fix because Trump, and the gun violence that they aren't allowed to fix because NRA.

If this shit works, we deserve what we get.

• Drool 1

• immamac changed the title to Joe Biden 2024 thread - Dark Brandon Strikes Again