so we march on to the copa against real opponents that give many fucks

beerholder has tri's number

in my book without a final appearance in the copa he should be gone

semis not enough

• Hook 'Em 1

1 minute ago, Hagbard Celine said:

/csb

i was at the first one, and there have been 4:

One wasn't a qualifier, yes?  Was the first one the one where it was like 15 degrees at game time?  Coldest I'd ever been.  Wife missed the Josh Wolf goal cause she was huddled ng with all the other women in the bathroom - heater.

total minutes of media availability during her entire tenure, across all tournaments, all media outlets......

fire up the dean wormer voice...

ZERO

POINT

ZERO

Just now, Knoxtnhorn said:

One wasn't a qualifier, yes?  Was the first one the one where it was like 15 degrees at game time?  Coldest I'd ever been.  Wife missed the Josh Wolf goal cause she was huddled ng with all the other women in the bathroom - heater.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Mexico–United_States_soccer_rivalry

Posted (edited)

Not sure what’s sweeter: watching our boys collect a winners medal or watching those fuckers get a “participation prize.”

Get fucked, La Tri. 

Edited by Dutch

3 minutes ago, Ghost of LL said:

FIFA is going to have a real issue with the basura fans in a couple years. That’s not the visual (or audio) they want coming out of the World Cup.

FIFA doesn’t give a fuck as long as they get paid. If they gave a fuck, they would have already done something about it. 

• Rage+1 1

12 minutes ago, Hagbard Celine said:

total minutes of media availability during her entire tenure, across all tournaments, all media outlets......

fire up the dean wormer voice...

ZERO

POINT

ZERO

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Mexico–United_States_soccer_rivalry

Sweet.  I actually went to 4 "Dos a Ceros".

2001 My future wife and me.  Damn near froze to death.  She missed the Josh Wolff goal because all of the women were huddled under a heater in the bathroom during, and shortly after, halftime.

2005 Awesome experience. 

2009 Damn near froze to death.  Drank too much and passed out in the bathroom.

2013 Awesome game.  Missed the damn march because I drank my first 4loko during the buildup.  First time I ever experienced an "electric" crowd.  Just amazing.

• Haha 1

8 hours ago, RamjetFDO said:

Yeah - was watching on TUDN in Spanish, but just signed up for the trial, logged in via the CBS Sports app on my Roku and watching now.  Stupid.

I recorded the Univision feed… but it turns out that it didn’t record. 

Pinche puto DirecTV Stream!

The US clowned Mexico all over the field.  The gulf in athleticism, speed, strength and even skill was almost unfair.  Mexico is now closer to the rest of the CONCACAF pack than they are to the US and the gap should grow as the US talent identification and development system continues to improve.  It's basically a poor aggy situation at this point.  There is no reason why Mexico should be better than the US and for the vast majority of the time going forward, they won't be.         

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Napoleon said:

Pulisic dribbling over a Mexican.

Man....that goal was so fun.  I love watching Ochoa get more pissed off and frustrated.  I loved Pulisic embarrassing that dude.   I loved Gio doing the damned right thing and launching the one-touch dagger (being an Austin FC fan, the fear of "too many touches" makes me twitchy these days).  My wife loved all of that, plus she loves drooling over Pulisic.  We were laughing out loud at that goal.  Just good stuff.

• Hook 'Em 3
  • Like 1

I remember when Mexico was a threat to score at the end of every possession. Now they literally just have to chunk long balls downfield bc they are so overpowered in the midfield. Lozano is fucking putrid. Alvarez is a cunt. Ochoa is the only one on that team I respect and he’s had to eat a huge shit sandwich with the look in the mirror comment. 

I had to laugh when the US subbed in Musah to choke the game off. They were already demoralized for 80 mins then you have to deal with quite possibly the quickest dribbler in  all of Concacaf coming off the bench. Good times. 

GGG sucks as a coach but he does beat Mexico, I’ll give him that. 

• Hook 'Em 2
  • Like 1

What a beautiful night last night!  Gergg still sucks ass, but what a beautiful couple goals from the guys.   

...and the grass field, albeit a bit slow playing, actually looked really damn good this time at JerruhWorld.  That's a big deal.  

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, Trey3216 said:

What a beautiful night last night!  Gergg still sucks ass, but what a beautiful couple goals from the guys.   

...and the grass field, albeit a bit slow playing, actually looked really damn good this time at JerruhWorld.  That's a big deal.  

That's a good point. Still saw a few slips here and there, but the field looked even better than it did for the Jamaica game. 

That’s some seriously soft snowflake bullshit to stop the games over the “putttooooo” chant. It’s not even a gay slur necessarily, it’s also used if you just want to call someone a bitch. But god-forbid someone gets their feelings hurt even a little bit these days.

14 hours ago, Hagbard Celine said:

in my book without a final appearance in the copa he should be gone

semis not enough

This. The guys barely got it done needing luck to get to this game. Sure we won, he still sucks because he is the best defense any time we play has. 

7 hours ago, Longboard Horn said:

Came here to say fuck Ochoa. Mexico is still our bitch!

From the YouTube comments: Memo Ochoa was once asked if USA will ever go into US vs Mex game as favorites. He said “not in my lifetime” now it’s every time

And given he’s been the keeper for a long ass time, he’s a big reason why the US keeps winning these games. 

26 minutes ago, Helobious said:

That’s some seriously soft snowflake bullshit to stop the games over the “putttooooo” chant. It’s not even a gay slur necessarily, it’s also used if you just want to call someone a bitch. But god-forbid someone gets their feelings hurt even a little bit these days.

It LITERALLY is. Sorry you’re so butthurt from yet another ass kicking. Try not to run off like @JNip has. 

• Hook 'Em 3
  • Like 2

Posted (edited)
2 hours ago, Napoleon said:

Great updated video that includes Diety Sanchez (GK) trying to take a swipe at a celebrating USMNT player. 

So fucking Mexicant.

To be fair, though, Oswaldo always gets grumpy when he's on a diet.

Edited by Braff Zacklin
  • Hook 'Em 1

13 hours ago, Napoleon said:

Great updated video that includes DIRTY Sanchez (GK) trying to take a swipe at a celebrating USMNT player. 

So fucking Mexicant.

For some readers my fingers typed “diety” instead of “dirty”. How did that not autocorrect?

Anyway… FIXED.

14 hours ago, SimonBolivar said:

Yall talking about making the Finals of Copa America, hell we ain't even winning that group with Uruguay in it.

the big lebowski dude GIF

There are, at best, 3 teams in the Copa that are better than this team:

Argentina, Brazil, and Uruguay (and the US is pretty close to Uruguay, IMHO).

And we bring our strongest squad that US has ever produced. If we play to our strengths, this team can hang with just about anyone. We might not win ,but we hang around, hope for a draw, maybe get a punchers chance to steal a win with a smash and grab. You consider that we should be #4 on the teams in the tournament, then we should make the semis no questions asked.

But this is where Berhalter comes in - he somehow is a net negative for this team. He doesn't make this team better or get it to play to this level, in fact in many cases this team plays down. See the Jamaica game as a perfect example. And given that this team has looked like this, after watching this team look very good under interim coaches, you have to really question Gergg as a coach, if you haven't already.

Guys who are abject stars for this team, look ordinary, Ballogun who we know to be an amazing striker has been lost since Gregg came back. It's been infurating.

So because of this, IMHO you have consider the floor of what this team can expect, to no be good enough. I think the Semis are a good hope, but to keep his job, Gregg has to do more. And that's why we're talking about the finals.

And I wish him luck with that - because this draw does us no favors. I am in agreement that we likely aren't going to win our group (I worry we might fail to make it out). If we finish 2nd, then we draw the Group D winner - likely Brazil. OOF.  It's going to be a rough tournament.

• Hook 'Em 2

4 hours ago, Captain Ron said:

I think the Semis are a good hope, but to keep his job, Gregg has to do more. 

Is there any indication whatsoever that Gregg is at risk to lose his job if he doesn't get a certain result in the tournament?  They REHIRED the guy, when they already had a built in solution to move in another direction.  Get used to him remaining on the sidelines.