Steve Sanders gets in altercation with bikers on NYE

C-Man

Posted (edited)

Maybe the result of a dispute at the Peach Pit earlier in the evening?

EDIT: better link to avoid Apple News issues: https://people.com/ian-ziering-attacked-by-bikers-in-los-angeles-on-new-years-eve-8421078

Ian Ziering was involved in an apparent road scuffle with multiple bikers in Los Angeles on New Year's Eve.

In a video obtained by TMZ, the former Beverly Hills, 90210 star seemed to be surrounded by a group of people riding mini-bikes on Hollywood Blvd. Ziering, 59, then got out of his vehicle and appeared to get into a physical altercation with one of them.

Soon after the two started fighting, other bikers circled back and surrounded the actor as they all started attacking him. The Sharknado actor then appeared to run away from the group as he tried to cross to the other side of the roadway.

Per the TMZ clip, he was chased by the group and apparently grabbed by the shirt, pushed into another vehicle and struck more than once.

The Los Angeles Police Department confirmed to CW affiliate KTLA that officers responded to the area at Hollywood Blvd and Highland Ave. around 3 p.m. on Sunday following "reports of a fight that broke out after the group of bikers were driving recklessly."

The incident remains under investigation, per the outlet.

The LAPD and reps for Ziering did not immediately respond to PEOPLE's requests for comment on Monday. The actor has yet to post about the incident on his Instagram account at the time of publication.

TMZ reported that the actor was listed as a victim in an official report, and that as of 6 p.m. PT Sunday, police had not made any arrests.

In another video released by the outlet, Ziering appeared to be comforting his daughter, Mia, 12, who looked like she was upset by the incident involving her father and the group of riders. 

According to TMZ, "Ian and Mia seem physically fine." 

Never miss a story — sign up for PEOPLE's free daily newsletter to stay up-to-date on the best of what PEOPLE has to offer, from celebrity news to compelling human interest stories.

In March 2023, at 90s Con in Connecticut, Ziering opened up about his career during a 90210 panel moderated by PEOPLE's Andrea Lavinthal. As he shared at the time, the actor almost had a future in reality TV.

"Shortly after [Beverly Hills, 90210] went off the air, Missy Halperin, who we all know [in casting], said, 'Ian, would you ever consider hosting a reality show?' And I'm like, 'No. I'm an actor.' That reality show was American Idol," Ziering said.

"Not that it was an offer," he added. "But would I consider my name being thrown in a hat."

Still, he joked that he "would have been horrible" and instead has his eyes on The Price Is Right.

Edited by C-Man
  • Haha 1

1 hour ago, wutang75 said:

Driving behind a bunch of people on mini bikes sounds like enough to make anybody rage.

If I heard about a motorist that got out of his vehicle and opened fire with an AR-15 on a bike mob, I would have a new hero. It's a 99.9% chance it is the biker that causes the issue, but the mob will attack the driver like ravenous wolves. I know I should feel bad for them because of the small penis, impotence, and general lot in life, but I can't. Wanna pretend it's a Mad Max highway? Ok, but biker guy never does well on that road.

tumblr_pofn604Z6g1ua45zn_640.gif

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

4 hours ago, TonyTexas said:

There is little doubt that he deserved the beat down. He has the reputation of being a dick. 

I wouldn't be so quick. These bike gangs are well-known to take over and grow crazy. There are many videos of it happening in LA and NYC, including shootings and deaths with car chases and people getting run over.

3 hours ago, ChiTownDoc said:

Lol.  Some real tough bikers there.  😂

30 minutes ago, Herpa Derpa said:

Ok, that was not what I was expecting to see. My prior vitriol now seems a bit out of place. 

Sorry Steve, that shit's just hilarious to watch. Were they kids, little people? So many questions.

I think if if quite a few of us had encountered that group of little people bikers last night around 12:30 or 1am, we could have put quite a few in the hospital.  

• Hook 'Em 1

1 hour ago, atomheartbevo said:

I think if if quite a few of us had encountered that group of little people bikers last night around 12:30 or 1am, we could have put quite a few in the hospital.  

I don't know how many I could beat, but I'd like to find out.

• Hook 'Em 1

On 1/2/2024 at 9:25 AM, Homercles said:

Head shots to people with a helmet on is some real Joe Rogan-level reasoning right there 

I'm pretty sure he would've advice hitting people with helmets in the head.

My first thought was body shots and groin kicks. Or do like on Spaceballs and keep are those dark helmets at bay

On 1/2/2024 at 9:25 AM, Homercles said:

Head shots to people with a helmet on is some real Joe Rogan-level reasoning right there 

Imagine you were once banging Nikki Ziering and now you've been reduced to a 60-year old hoping you get a callback for "Sharknado 7: The Midgeting", and you're minding your business and a posse of midget bikers starts attacking you.  You don't think it through man, you just start swinging and flailing hoping for every finger you break on a helmet, you take out some oompa-loompa in the meantime.  Shit gets real out there in South Central.