Terry 4ever

ztejas

9 minutes ago, GreenspointTexas said:

I like him. A lot. He’s an average coach. But hes also the worst mens basketball hire in 35 years

We could fire him tomorrow and he'd go down as a better coach here all-time than Shaka. 

@MuellerHorn careful what you rep, dude

7 minutes ago, ztejas said:

We could fire him tomorrow and he'd go down as a better coach here all-time than Shaka. 

@MuellerHorn careful what you rep, dude

I’m hopeful you’re right concerning the turnaround. I’d love for it to happen. I have my sincere doubts; they aren’t unwarranted for a multitude of factors we’ve all discussed ad nauseam. By all means, you’re welcome to make me eat my prediction if it turns out to be incorrect. 

• Hook 'Em 1

Terry is a nice guy and a good Longhorn. He's just in way over his head at this level as a HC. It's nothing to be ashamed of or mad about, and it's not his fault that wasn't recognized prior to offering him the job. 

Only a few coaches can consistently handle this level of competition. You have to be elite and Terry is a solid coach. 

• Hook 'Em 3

Terry 4 Eva!

Because what I value in a coach is YMCA life lessons about sportmanship and winning/losing the right way. I love coaches who turn local embarrassments into national embarrassments by throwing manchild temper tantrums in public and then doubling down in post game pressers. I hope he spends all week emphasizing rules from the YMCA handbook instead of coaching his players how to attack a zone or get a fucking rebound or get home wins over the worst teams in the conference.

• Haha 1
  • Rage+1 1

39 minutes ago, A-Tex Devil said:

He's done.  He signed his death warrant last night complaining about Horns Down.  When a coach does that he has less than a year because he's lost the wheel and is grasping at petty shit to complain about.  

Saw the horns down crying.  That has to earn some points towards a second year.  What’s his username here?  OP?

• Haha 1

5 hours ago, crash_davis said:

So that turnaround is not going to happen this year. Next year?

We were a point away from going 3-1 against Top 25 teams in our last 4 games. We need to start racking up some conference Ws but I wouldn't throw in the towel just yet.

6 hours ago, crash_davis said:

So that turnaround is not going to happen this year. Next year?

I don't know. Are we going to be searching for veteran leadership from Tyrese Hunter next season?

I think RT has done a pretty good job so far with these guys. Not a great job. I also think the roster is just kind of meh.

I just hope they make the tourney. They've shown that they can hang with some of the best teams in the country - despite coming up short against UCONN and UH. 

7 hours ago, MotownHorn said:

We need to start racking up some conference Ws but I wouldn't throw in the towel just yet.

yes, we do need to start racking up wins, but here’s the problem:

IMG_7400.thumb.jpeg.664300118ccb1f251936a66f3436de63.jpeg

we face an objectively difficult road to piling up all of those wins. this team is who they are, and who they are is an underwhelming, unreliable, identity-less team, being led by one of the worst coaching staffs in the league. the time to pile up wins was against UCF and WVU. now the road ahead is extremely perilous, and we do not appear up to the task, save for a 10-minute stretch here or a half there.

again, it’s simply baffling that the guy who brags about betting against rick barnes every march is out here white knighting for a former barnes assistant turned failed head coach. “just wait and see guys! RT might come good yet!” dis. in. genuous. 

Edited by shadow_operative
  • Fuck You 1

9 hours ago, The_Great_Hornsby said:

Shoulda woulda coulda. Your are what your record says you are. 

All my very simple statement meant is that the team has potential (almost beat the #4 team in the country less than 48 hours ago) and could still capitalize on that potential and get it together by March (though time is running out).

The question was is it time to give up and focus on next year. My very simple statement shared my opinion that no, it is not.

9 hours ago, shadow_operative said:

yes, we do need to start racking up wins, but here’s the problem:

Do you really need to write a few paragraphs about how our schedule is hard, while throwing in some personal insults along the way?

I know our schedule is hard. Everyone knows our schedule is hard.

You're a fucking beating on every. single. topic.

You either write a couple paragraphs about something obvious (our schedule is hard) while throwing in a few personal digs to try to get a fight going, or you're beating a horse that's been dead for over a year now (Chris Beard's arrest for choking and biting his girlfriend) with a novel's worth of the same wrong argument over and over and over and over and over and over and over again for months/years on end.

2 hours ago, MotownHorn said:

Do you really need to write a few paragraphs about how our schedule is hard, while throwing in some personal insults along the way?

lol wat? not only do you insult me on a daily basis, i didn’t insult you in my post. also you broke your post up into four paragraphs, lmao. great stuff motown, as usual. 

10 minutes ago, shadow_operative said:

lol wat? not only do you insult me on a daily basis, i didn’t insult you in my post. also you broke your post up into four paragraphs, lmao. great stuff motown, as usual. 

Please don’t ever bust anyone’s balls for too many paragraphs. Most of these motherfuckers on here treat the “Enter” key like it was invented by aggy. 

2 minutes ago, Kennythetiger said:

Please don’t ever bust anyone’s balls for too many paragraphs. Most of these motherfuckers on here treat the “Enter” key like it was invented by aggy. 

edit: never mind, im slow lol. 🤷🏼‍♂️