2024 Presidential Election Thread

bolverk

2 minutes ago, ALexusTexus7 said:

TRUMP 2024!!! emoji631.png get mad about it, bitches!

As parents often say, "We're not mad about it.  We're just disappointed."  

I'm starting to feel better about his being defeated at the ballot box despite all his corrupt efforts.  What I'm really starting to worry about is what his tantrum will be like afterwards, what his bullshit calls to arms will do to my country, and how much heroin my organs can process.  

There are people that I know and love that I struggle with the notion of having to shake their shoulders and explain to them that "It's over.  He lost and/or Dead.  And you have to come to grips with that for the sake of your children.  It's done.  We haven't always seen eye to eye on Trump.  But he's not going back to the Oval and you need to snap out of it and not hurt yourself or anyone else.  You still have a bright future ahead of you."  We've all been bummed out over elections, we've all seen family members bitch and moan about politics.  But when this guy loses and dies, for some people we still hold near and dear---it will be the most awkward exchange of our relationships.  Your messiah is gone, and there is no shroud, no tomb, no rock, no 40 day return.  Just this rock and just our family and just our community.  And we gotta stay together because for the next 11 weeks, shit is gonna get real fucking weird and right quick.

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Haha 1

He wont get 20%. But he will get  a higher gross number than seither 2016 or 2020.  He will actually gain more Hispanic and Female voters as well.  And RFK is not going to peel off the number of Trump voters many people think he will.  

9 minutes ago, SubliminalHorn said:

If that fucking guy wins 20% of the Black vote, I’ll go straight 

The chances of that are about 50%, I would say, but 15% seems like a slam dunk. Not sure what about 20% would be hard to accept. 

24 minutes ago, Bozo_Casanova said:

The chances of that are about 50%, I would say, but 15% seems like a slam dunk. Not sure what about 20% would be hard to accept. 

89-12

87-13

No he’s not getting 20%. That’s a huge jump in 4 years. 15, tops

• Hook 'Em 3

45 minutes ago, Bozo_Casanova said:

When is the last time a Republican has received 20% of the Black vote?

2 minutes ago, SydneyCarton said:

It's becuase we're stupid and we let our guardrails get dismantled over decades by replacing news with For Profit media. 

Maybe, but that doesn't really explain why Republicans keep winning the presidency while losing the popular vote. The Constitution explains that.

• Hook 'Em 1

1 minute ago, David Dennison said:

Maybe, but that doesn't really explain why Republicans keep winning the presidency while losing the popular vote. The Constitution explains that.

It can be a lot of things at once, sir. 

992d90bd-635f-4ed3-9f8d-ae4efdd03383_tex

• Hook 'Em 1

19 hours ago, ALexusTexus7 said:

This is it?  Nothing to add?

coward, pussy, yankee motherfucker. Just like the flaccid tangerine cocksucker you worship.

not a man. Not a Texan. Just another chud in the wall. 
angry will ferrell GIF

• Hook 'Em 5
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, hookemATL said:

This is it?  Nothing to add?

coward, pussy, yankee motherfucker. Just like the flaccid tangerine cocksucker you worship.

not a man. Not a Texan. Just another chud in the wall. 
angry will ferrell GIF

It reminds me of my nephew who would be around his Trump hating mother saying "Trump, Trump, Trump" just to make her angry. 

34 minutes ago, SydneyCarton said:

This sounds like a healthy household 

I try not to judge. Just last week my three year old dropped her bowl of snacks, furrowed her brow, and said GOD FUCKING DAMMIT in the exact same rhythm/annunciation that I do. 

Im just glad she hasn’t started calling cops “pigs” or saying out loud that people that don’t put their grocery carts away are “miserable cunts”. 

Not Cool Dad GIF by Old Spice

• Hook 'Em 2
  • Like 2
  • Haha 4
  • Drool 1

Posted (edited)
1 hour ago, SydneyCarton said:

This sounds like a healthy household 

Actually, it is a pretty damn healthy household. He's an awesome kid. He doesn't care about Trump. He just loves to wind up his mom because she'll take the bait. Just like with all of you and fatty or any of the other socks when they do obvious trolling and you take the bait for 2 to 3 pages.  

Edited by mdmost
  • Hook 'Em 1
  • Like 1

12 minutes ago, mdmost said:

Actually, it is a pretty damn healthy household. He's an awesome kid. He doesn't care about Trump. He just loves to wind up his mom because she'll take the bait. Just like with all of you and fatty or any of the other socks when they do obvious trolling and you take the bait for 2 to 3 pages.  

Has a sometimes habitual line stepper for the sake of it, I get this dynamic, and it's not unhealthy.  

On 5/13/2024 at 1:52 PM, Aqua Buddha said:

It's like Aggy recruiting.  The keep losing everything but this new class looks great.

23 hours ago, ALexusTexus7 said:

image.gif.a359d635069cf0d74858fe430ea45562.gif

• Hook 'Em 3

23 minutes ago, TwiceHorn said:

So, Biden has maintained and now is adding to the Chinese tariffs.

What's up with that?

Trying to keep China from flooding the American EV market - they've got a surplus of EV batteries or EV cars or something and are trying to dump them on the American market below cost.

1 hour ago, BamaATL said:

With 40% of the vote in Maryland in, NIkki Haley is receiving 22%.  He is fairing better in West Virginia, with Haley receiving only about 11% of the vote.  

If even half of these Haley voters either vote Biden or just don't bother to vote, this should be a fucking landslide.  But we also can't have nice things.

• Like 3

I’m of the thought that 2020 lockdown elections aren’t a good number to base turnout on, and that Republican turnout in Texas will be above the historical turnout since 04-16 of 4.6 million, but nowhere close to 5.9 million again like 2020.. Not close. Democrats have a much better chance of matching their increases YOY. A relatively boring white guy Dem isn’t going to trigger them into voting again without any controversial legislation.

Turning the ‘20 and ‘22 new voters into permanent voters is the key, but not sure how to track that without looking at unreliable primary info. If they think the experience was easy and quick they’ll be there. Trump was on the ballot in 2016. There was not a noticeable bump in Republican voters then.

1 hour ago, mdmost said:

giphy.gif?cid=6c09b952c8hc6994316e3qczht

• Haha 3

3 hours ago, mdmost said:

It reminds me of my nephew who would be around his Trump hating mother saying "Trump, Trump, Trump" just to make her angry. 

and somewhere in the house, mdleast is giggling his ass off.

• Haha 1

NYT says Biden has asked for:

2 debates instead of 3

Prefers June and early September versus late September and October

No RFK

TV studio with mics that can be muted and no audience 

moderator should be someone who did both 2016 GOP and 2020 Dem primaries (CNN/CBS/ABC/Telemundo)

• Hook 'Em 3

11 minutes ago, Js1 said:

2 debates instead of 3

No RFK

moderator should be someone who did both 2016 GOP and 2020 Dem primaries (CNN/CBS/ABC/Telemundo)

Those are all reasonable asks, but he should be willing to do the 2nd one in late September/early October if that’s what Trump demands.  Biden should definitely not agree to a debate where the mics can’t be muted.  Trump has proven he can’t be trusted to exhibit basic decency or follow any rules.

• Hook 'Em 7
  • Fuck Around and Find Out 1

12 minutes ago, Js1 said:

2 debates instead of 3

No RFK

The mics being muted is the only way I would tune in. The last set of debates was unwatchable. 

• Hook 'Em 9

6 minutes ago, LurkingHorn said:

The mics being muted is the only way I would tune in. The last set of debates was unwatchable. 

There would be no "debating".  It would be Biden talking about policy and dotard bleating about immigrants and crime and other red meat for his base and going off on nonsensical tangents.  There is no point and I don't think any debates will happen.  Biden has to say he will because otherwise it gives dotard an opening to say he's scared to debate.  But dotard will ultimately not show up.

• Hook 'Em 2

Posted (edited)
2 minutes ago, Biff Tannen said:

There would be no "debating".  It would be Biden talking about policy and dotard bleating about immigrants and crime and other red meat for his base and going off on nonsensical tangents.  There is no point and I don't think any debates will happen.  Biden has to say he will because otherwise it gives dotard an opening to say he's scared to debate.  But dotard will ultimately not show up.

Yeah I don’t think either one of them wants to debate.  Neither of them will come off well, and they know it.  It’s all downside with risk to reduce the turnout of their base.  They’ll both bark about how ready they are to debate, but refuse to compromise enough to make it happen.

Trump will yell about how having silenced mics is unprecedented prior to him and how it’s more media bias and unfairness towards him and a violation of his rights.  His base will eat that up.

Edited by Snake Diggity

13 minutes ago, Snake Diggity said:

Those are all reasonable asks, but he should be willing to do the 2nd one in late September/early October if that’s what Trump demands.  Biden should definitely not agree to a debate where the mics can’t be muted.  Trump has proven he can’t be trusted to exhibit basic decency or follow any rules.

I think his campaign wants one prior to early voting starting and it starts early in some states with mail ballots (Virginia, SD, Minnesota 9/20, Illinois 9/26)

And no mics and no audience is crucial. Trump plays to the audience and knows how to work a crowd for TV. It’s bullshit

• Hook 'Em 3

I appreciate the bravado Joe is showing in that video, but I think this is a bad idea.  I don't think Joe is as diminished as the opposition would like you to believe, but a debate is the prime setting to highlight his shortcomings (especially against Trump's bluster) and tailor made for out-of-context tiktok clips to go viral.  The average voter watches these for "vibes" more than policy talk, and I think the risk is much much higher than the reward in that regard.

The only logical explanation is that the campaign believes these horrific poll numbers. 

• Hook 'Em 1

5 minutes ago, Js1 said:

I think his campaign wants one prior to early voting starting and it starts early in some states with mail ballots (Virginia, SD, Minnesota 9/20, Illinois 9/26)

And no mics and no audience is crucial. Trump plays to the audience and knows how to work a crowd for TV. It’s bullshit

I’m fine with an audience; playing to an audience and working a crowd can be viewed as desirable traits in a president.  But a total disregard for the rules cannot be allowed, so the ability for the moderator to mute Trump when he incessantly tries to talk over and interrupt his opponent is critical.