2024 Presidential Election Thread

bolverk

9 hours ago, Biff Tannen said:

While y'all are arguing about past presidents, this seems slightly more important.

I'm starting to get really fucking worried about what happens in November because I think Trump will lose but he (and his shitstain supporters) won't accept the result.

6 hours ago, C-Man said:

I'm starting to get really fucking worried about what happens in November because I think Trump will lose but he (and his shitstain supporters) won't accept the result.

The only reason 1/6 happened was cause Trump was in charge of the military and national guard and purposely had them stand down.  If he loses this time, the military will be prepared to deter any Gravy Seals.  They won’t do shit when faced with a real counter force.

• Hook 'Em 9

0.0% chance the barricades and troops aren’t going to be deployed in full force on whatever day congress meets to count the votes just in case

• Hook 'Em 3
  • Fuck Around and Find Out 1

1 hour ago, HenryJames said:

For now.

Sometime in the future some childless weirdo, represented by the cocksucker responsible for Texas’ SB8, files a suit in Amarillo. Matthew Kacsmaryk of course rules he has standing and then issues a nationwide injunction on schools enforcing vaccine mandates.

It goes to the 5th Citcuit where James Ho farts out a Fox News opinion upholding the ruling.

Then in a 6-3 ruling the Supreme Court rules that vaccine mandates are unconstitutional because Thomas More didn’t have polio.

Polio ! Polio ! Polio !

• Haha 1

18 hours ago, Longhorn94 said:

I think bozo's list of best presidents in the last 50 years might be the worst I have ever seen from an otherwise rational and reasonable person.

It’s not like he posted a pic of a deconstructed burger though. 

• Haha 2
  • Rage+1 2

8 hours ago, aggie08 said:

Good. I hope they become disillusioned with elections altogether.

Best case scenario for November: the stench of a loser becomes too strong and most GOP voters pretend like they never supported MAGA in the first place, and the true believers go back to their shanties, realizing that the deep state is too powerful and elections are meaningless.

Maybe we should put the whole basket of deplorable in a river … but unlike Moses, make sure there’s a waterfall close by.

• Hook 'Em 1

17 hours ago, tx 3 putt said:

I was curious what the fuck he could be trying to say. I found a longer version of the quote in a Guardian article:

“You know what’s interesting? Joe Biden won against Barack Hussein Obama. Has anyone ever heard of him? Every swing state, Biden beat Obama but in every other state, he got killed,” https://www.theguardian.com/us-news/2024/mar/17/trump-verbal-gaffes-ohio-rally-bloodbath

Seeing that context, I think he was saying that Biden outperformed Obama in every swing state but underperformed in others, suggesting voter fraud. No idea if that's true but appears to be what Trump intended.

The out-of-context clips is the manipulated reality we live in but it's also not necessarily new. Politics have always been about distorting people's statements to the max. It can just be done more powerfully and with more resonance with today's social media. 

Edited by horncyclist
  • Hook 'Em 1

55 minutes ago, Dnaguy said:

Maybe we should put the whole basket of deplorable in a river … but unlike Moses, make sure there’s a waterfall close by.

Make sure it's a leaky basket with a few bricks in it.

• Hook 'Em 3

I've watched the bloodbath clip a couple times and, like any Trump rhetoric, it's hard to know what he's trying to say. If you parse the words, though, he starts to say it'll be a bloodbath for the auto industry and then interjects that it'll be a bloodbath for the whole country. It's not as ominous as some as the headlines suggest but it's not unreasonable to take as a broader threat. And I think it's consistent with a lot of fears. 

• Hook 'Em 8

4 minutes ago, horncyclist said:

I've watched the bloodbath clip a couple times and, like any Trump rhetoric, it's hard to know what he's trying to say. If you parse the words, though, he starts to say it'll be a bloodbath for the auto industry and then interjects that it'll be a bloodbath for the whole country. It's not as ominous as some as the headlines suggest but it's not unreasonable to take as a broader threat. And I think it's consistent with a lot of fears. 

I agree at a certain level but they do use very specific words over and over again as a strategy to build action.  Look at the pre Jan 6 rally and you will pick up that every speaker used the word "FIGHT" repeatedly,  on purpose.

• Hook 'Em 8

20 minutes ago, SmokeyTheBear said:

I agree at a certain level but they do use very specific words over and over again as a strategy to build action.  Look at the pre Jan 6 rally and you will pick up that every speaker used the word "FIGHT" repeatedly,  on purpose.

Gravy Seals and Meal Team 6 are charging their scooters up !!!

• Hook 'Em 1

he can't call governors or SOSs and try to pressure them under the guise that as the Pres he is just making sure the election is free from fraud.

and if he tries to pressure anyone as a candidate, well the DOJ will be more than happy to investigate. 

He had every advantage last time (other than being the worst president in the history of the US).

• Hook 'Em 4

This is an important read. 

How Trump’s Allies Are Winning the War Over Disinformation
Their claims of censorship have successfully stymied the effort to filter election lies online.

In the wake of the riot on Capitol Hill on Jan. 6, 2021, a groundswell built in Washington to rein in the onslaught of lies that had fueled the assault on the peaceful transfer of power.

Social media companies suspended Donald J. Trump, then the president, and many of his allies from the platforms they had used to spread misinformation about his defeat and whip up the attempt to overturn it. The Biden administration, Democrats in Congress and even some Republicans sought to do more to hold the companies accountable. Academic researchers wrestled with how to strengthen efforts to monitor false posts.

Mr. Trump and his allies embarked instead on a counteroffensive, a coordinated effort to block what they viewed as a dangerous effort to censor conservatives.

They have unquestionably prevailed.

Gifted link for full article: https://www.nytimes.com/2024/03/17/us/politics/trump-disinformation-2024-social-media.html?unlocked_article_code=1.dU0.qbTu.Bvtberf3zN0d&smid=url-share

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Rage+1 5

7 hours ago, Js1 said:

0.0% chance the barricades and troops aren’t going to be deployed in full force on whatever day congress meets to count the votes just in case

Can those be used to keep Cruz, Vance, Hawley, et al out as well?

• Hook 'Em 2

3 hours ago, chainsaw said:

Yeah, it was not until Elmo bought twitter that people were able to share video clips online

And Elmo is retweeting that tweet, all the while he’s banning people who are outting a neo-Nazi from Spring, Texas.

• Hook 'Em 1

1 hour ago, bolverk said:

This is an important read. 

How Trump’s Allies Are Winning the War Over Disinformation
Their claims of censorship have successfully stymied the effort to filter election lies online.

Thanks.

File that under New York Times plays right into Trump-MAGA's hand ... while disseminating its own "disinformation."

-- Calling J6 a "riot" instead of the obvious thing it was: a violent insurrection.

-- Using the dry "neutral" term "disinformation" instead of the more accurate and alarming term "propaganda" (subsets of which are lies and disinformation). 

-- Never once mentioning that propaganda is standard tactic of fascist regimes preceding takeovers. NEVER! 

-- Quoting Stephen F*cking Miller using "something out of dystopian sci-fi novel" to describe efforts to reign in his propaganda. Ya know, they could have quoted an insight from Orwell, Ray Bradbury, or other sci-fi writers with insights. But, nope, Stephen Miller, a f*cking fascist.

-- Concluding with a sentence from Trump that trashed Biden, uttering propaganda that positioned himself as a beacon-like defender of free speech

I could go critiquing the article, but it is the same old crap. The New York Times playing right into the hands an orange simian fascist lunatic ... under the guise of "objective" reporting. Lulz. 

Edited by BevoAbyss
  • Hook 'Em 6
  • Rage+1 2

3 minutes ago, atomheartbevo said:

And Elmo is retweeting that tweet, all the while he’s banning people who are outting a neo-Nazi from Spring, Texas.

All that does is keep the Bloodbath headline in the news longer than it otherwise would have been.

4 hours ago, horncyclist said:

I think he starts to say whole and then does say whole, I think it’s pretty much what he was trying to say, if he doesn’t get elected it’s gonna be a bloodbath for the whole country.  Guy is as dumb and hateful as he shows day in and day out. The fact that people vote for him is still the craziest part of all of this. 

• Hook 'Em 1

26 minutes ago, Covri said:

I think he starts to say whole and then does say whole, I think it’s pretty much what he was trying to say, if he doesn’t get elected it’s gonna be a bloodbath for the whole country.  Guy is as dumb and hateful as he shows day in and day out. The fact that people vote for him is still the craziest part of all of this. 

It makes sense. A disturbingly large number of Americans are dumb and hateful.

• Hook 'Em 4
  • Like 1

6 hours ago, horncyclist said:

it is as ominous as all that though. he knows exactly how to say what he's saying. it's how he did jan 6. like, exactly how he did it

• Hook 'Em 1

8 hours ago, Longhorn94 said:

Except he isn't in control of the National Guard, Congress, the DOJ, the White House, etc... he is fucked this time around.

& BTW the secret service.

P.S. everybody will have guns and bullets.

25 minutes ago, 4th&Five said:

Yeah, man. He’ll never get the credit he deserves for saving democracy at least once. 

I mean honestly, outside of that, he's been my favorite president since... well, ever, really. I don't think we've had a president where I agreed with what he did more, and disagreed with what he did less. And he did a lot.

• Hook 'Em 4
  • Like 1