Elon Musk: Officially a fraud and piece of shit. Official or unofficial war criminal?

MaybeACoordinator

1 hour ago, tbone_ said:

Uh the 80s Cutlass does not belong in that group of wretched examples of mechanical abortions

f86b6db5a0ccbc3454803ea504401bf2.jpg

"We've got a long way to go, and a short time to get there, just drop on down and watch ol' grandpa run..."

• Hook 'Em 3
  • Like 1

2 hours ago, tbone_ said:

Uh the 80s Cutlass does not belong in that group of wretched examples of mechanical abortions

f86b6db5a0ccbc3454803ea504401bf2.jpg

Would love to pick the kids up from school in one of those, after years of seeing all of the boring beige and silver shitboxes that way too many parents drive these days....

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Like 1

14 minutes ago, atomheartbevo said:

Would love to pick the kids up from school in one of those, after years of seeing all of the boring beige and silver shitboxes that way too many parents drive these days....

Your kids?

• Haha 1

5 hours ago, Zeus said:

https://www.dailydot.com/debug/laura-loomer-banned-twitter/

Loomer said Twitter informed her she was banned for violating rules against hateful statements after she posted that Minnesota Representative-elect Ilhan Omar was "anti Jewish." Loomer's tweet, one of many that she had posted criticizing Omar and other prominent Muslim figures, said the incoming congresswoman was part of a faith in which "homosexuals are oppressed" and "women are abused."

https://www.newsweek.com/i-am-sure-trump-going-get-wind-twitter-bans-laura-loomer-far-right-activist-1227218

That's kind of light on the tweet that got her banned, she specifically said:

"Isn't it ironic how the twitter moment used to celebrate 'women, LGBTQ, and minorities' is a picture of Ilhan Omar?" Loomer tweeted. "Ilhan is pro Sharia Ilhan is pro-FGM Under Sharia, homosexuals are oppressed & killed. Women are abused & forced to wear the hijab. Ilhan is anti Jewish."

That kind of direct attack on someone had never been kosher on Twitter.

5 hours ago, Zeus said:

He wasn't permanently banned, his account was reinstated a week later.

5 hours ago, Zeus said:

Meanwhile this was fine

Calling someone an asswipe, piece of shit, asshole and motherfucking evil creature person is a problem? Didn't realize you were such a delicate snowflake, given the speech you are defending.

• Hook 'Em 4

Posted (edited)
1 hour ago, Deej said:

Your kids?

My 5th grader would love to be picked up in a 1980s muscle car.  He hates that we've only ever had minivans and SUVs.

Ain't picking up anybody else's kids unless it's at UT, and I'm driving one of these.

8e1eacc02447078a0b67af24e991709b.jpg

Or this

screenshot-2021-11-28-at-20-39-00-no-res

Edited by atomheartbevo
  • Hook 'Em 2
  • Haha 3
  • Drool 1

https://www.bloomberg.com/news/articles/2024-05-15/tesla-must-face-suit-alleging-buyers-were-misled-about-autopilot?leadSource=uverify wall

Tesla Must Face Claims It Misled Buyers About Autopilot and Self-Driving

• Negligence, fraud allegations advance based on Musk statements
  • CEO vowed in 2016 cars would soon self-drive from LA to NYC
  • Hook 'Em 1
  • Haha 2
  • Fuck Around and Find Out 2

3 hours ago, atomheartbevo said:

Having seen several in the wild now, and up close no less, it's hard to believe that it starts at $81,000 when you see Rivians and Ford F-150s Lightnings for far less, with a lot more functionality.

I believe you in the functionality. I don’t think they are far less. I see 80k used Rivians somewhat regularly at a dealer in Houston area. That same dealer has mid 60s Lightning’s somewhat regularly, too. Decently high mileage ones. I don’t know shit about the new cost of either.  The Fords are typically high trim. 

1 hour ago, Captain Ron said:

That kind of direct attack on someone had never been kosher on Twitter.

=/=

1 hour ago, Captain Ron said:

Calling someone an asswipe, piece of shit, asshole and motherfucking evil creature person is a problem? Didn't realize you were such a delicate snowflake, given the speech you are defending.

20 hours ago, Brisketexan said:

Seriously.  "SQUIRREL!  I can think about a lot of things, all of them in an utterly ill-informed, half-assed way!" isn't the flex that he thinks it is.

FFS, I'm a pretty smart guy.  I actually do shift my thinking from subject to subject (from case to case or issue to issue), by necessity, on a regular basis.  And....IT SUCKS.  It is inefficient, and leads to incomplete thoughts and sometimes erroneous thinking.  My thinking is much, much better when I stick with a task at hand and think it through.  That's how all brains work.  The fact that you can think about 20 things in quick sequence?  Cool, I do that too.  But what can you ACCOMPLISH with respect to any/all of those things?  THAT is the relevant question.  He doesn't answer it.

Well, he has answered it.  By his results.  The Cybertruck.  Firing masses of people actually essential for his core business, etc.  Half-assed thinking yields shitty results. 

The science is already in and well established. With the extremely rare (sub 3% in most the data I've found) humans can't multitask. In fact, attempting to do so consitently can decrease congnative ability. In other words, multitasking makes you dumber over time. There's a lot of data that supports this conclusion and below is the first link I found from 2021.

https://health.clevelandclinic.org/science-clear-multitasking-doesnt-work

• Hook 'Em 3

6 hours ago, fattyflattie said:

You know they have a group that will LS swap Miatas?   

Hah.. well, I own a Z4 and plan to LS swap it when I have the cash to do so. There are companies that make entire mounting/transmission kits to do so.

I do, however, openly acknowledge it's fucking stupid and financially pretty dumb when, for the about same cost, I could go out and buy a new Supra/Z4 that would out perform in in nearly every category aside from HP.

Posted (edited)
9 hours ago, fattyflattie said:

I believe you in the functionality. I don’t think they are far less. I see 80k used Rivians somewhat regularly at a dealer in Houston area. That same dealer has mid 60s Lightning’s somewhat regularly, too. Decently high mileage ones. I don’t know shit about the new cost of either.  The Fords are typically high trim. 

Eh.. it's certainly possible to find the 50K lightening but doesnt appear common. You're likely going to have to go outside to Texas market where all trucks get a premium. I found 137 new ones sub 50k nationally on cars.com

Screenshot_20240516_074154_Chrome.thumb.jpg.69b00930a094984ffd8c008de597808f.jpg

Screenshot_20240516_074133_Chrome.thumb.jpg.c90ce3509825631c2c1e6dad58a191bd.jpgScreenshot_20240516_074243_Chrome.thumb.jpg.cbfae8eb4eeb1cdcf8027fdb1067fc2e.jpg

Though the Rivians new are largely over 70k

Screenshot_20240516_074923_Chrome.thumb.jpg.40c32b1f2c7d7c113f2d3c929114e685.jpg

Edited by BurntEyes
  • Hook 'Em 2

11 hours ago, atomheartbevo said:

Can't wait till it's cheaper and easier to convert old vehicles into electric. 

43 minutes ago, BurntEyes said:

The science is already in and well established. With the extremely rare (sub 3% in most the data I've found) humans can't multitask. In fact, attempting to do so consitently can decrease congnative ability. In other words, multitasking makes you dumber over time. There's a lot of data that supports this conclusion and below is the first link I found from 2021.

https://health.clevelandclinic.org/science-clear-multitasking-doesnt-work

This bodes well for all of the kids who are playing Minecraft while having a YouTube video running in one window while running a browser and looking stuff up in another.

• Hook 'Em 2

19 minutes ago, YChang said:

Can't wait till it's cheaper and easier to convert old vehicles into electric. 

For a while my brother in law worked in a shop in Austin doing just that - he got to convert a '55 Chevy to electric and did a bunch of custom bracket and mounting stuff with 3D printing 

• Hook 'Em 3

Just now, atomheartbevo said:

I wonder how well the suspensions will hold up to the battery weight.

Those old engines and transmissions were heavy AF, the weight is mostly a wash but the vehicle balance is wayyyy different 

• Fuck Around and Find Out 1

Posted (edited)
37 minutes ago, atomheartbevo said:

I wonder how well the suspensions will hold up to the battery weight.

That's going to be the major issue. That and the weight of the old cars are going to be the issue. You'll need a lot of power to make a 1968 Camaro or even more so for the vans pictured above. That means a lot of battery. 

Oh.. and while I was surfing cars I concluded that for $80k I could buy a Nissan Leaf AND a Ford Ranger Raptor/Toyota Tacoma TRD/Chevy Colorado ZR2.

And if you're super worried about the environment, the Ford Maverick Hybrid (despite lotsa recall issues) is a more capable "truck" for sub $50k.

So... a fully functional electric and a vehicle that can legitimately off road which is faster than you ever need to go, legally. Not only that, but any option is car wash safe. 

I know where I'd put my money.

Edited by BurntEyes
  • Hook 'Em 2

5 minutes ago, BurntEyes said:

That's going to be the major issue. That and the weight of the old cars are going to be the issue. You'll need a lot of power to make a 1968 Camaro or even more so for the vans pictured above. That means a lot of battery. 

Oh.. and while I was surfing cars I concluded that for $80k I could buy a Nissan Leaf AND a Ford Ranger Raptor/Toyota Tacoma TRD/Chevy Colorado ZR2.

And if you're super worried about the environment, the Ford Maverick Hybrid (despite lotsa recall issues) is a more capable "truck" for sub $50k.

So... a fully functional electric and a vehicle that can legitimately off road which is faster than you ever need to go, legally. Not only that, but any option is car wash safe. 

I know where I'd put my money.

Honestly, this is kinda where I'm gonna stick.  I have my old 99 F-150 4X4 fully up and running (and, for the first time in 10 years, registered and street legal).  I need a truck for maybe 2k miles a year - hunting, fishing, hauling stuff.  And when you consider the cost of a new truck with 4WD, and how expensive they are to repair....fuck that, I'll just keep this old beast running for another 20 years.  Ito contributes minimal pollution because it's my backup vehicle, not a daily driver.  I'm driving my mom's old (low mileage) little SUV now as my daily driver, but when I ditch that, I'll almost certainly be going at least to a hybrid.  So, I'll have a hybrid for 95% of my road miles, and a reliable truck for the other 5%.  

And yeah, the truck is already faded, dented, and ugly, so....it's like a cybertruck already!

• Hook 'Em 3
  • Like 2

8 hours ago, BeardIP said:

Found the guy who drives a Mazda Miata haha lol

I have owned several.  Great cars, a ton of fun.  But if you are insecure about your manhood, you'll need something else to compensate.

8 hours ago, fattyflattie said:

You know they have a group that will LS swap Miatas?   

My last one had a full FM kit, custom clipped ball bearing turbo, standalone engine management, and methanol injection.  Drive it normally, and it was a mild grocery getter, get heavy with the right foot and it was completely transformed.  IIRC mine put out ~295bhp (on pump gas @92f)  in a 2500lbs car.     I sold it because it was either going to kill me or get me arrested.

I sold it to a guy from SC that planned on putting in a V8.  I told him to drive it a bit first and see if he needed more.  I heard from him a few months later, he had scrapped the idea of the V8.

• Hook 'Em 2

37 minutes ago, locodos said:

My last one had a full FM kit, custom clipped ball bearing turbo, standalone engine management, and methanol injection.  Drive it normally, and it was a mild grocery getter, get heavy with the right foot and it was completely transformed.  IIRC mine put out ~295bhp (on pump gas @92f)  in a 2500lbs car.     I sold it because it was either going to kill me or get me arrested.

I sold it to a guy from SC that planned on putting in a V8.  I told him to drive it a bit first and see if he needed more.  I heard from him a few months later, he had scrapped the idea of the V8.

Yeah they definitely can be built as equipped. But they can also be made LS monsters. 

Just now, fattyflattie said:

Yeah they definitely can be built as equipped. But they can also be made LS monsters. 

The trick is getting the power down.  There are severely diminishing returns to power grains in a Miata.    The car is aerodynamically unstable nearing 130mph and not enough rubber/weight for traction north of 275bhp.   Weight distribution gets thrown off, weight increases... etc.   

d5e2ef71d970ee7e731c4aeb9e9ba633.png

Don't get me wrong, they are cool cars but It's just a matter of how wild you want to get.

It's like the old joke, what's the difference between a 700hp and a 1000hp Supra?   Nothing

• Hook 'Em 2
  • Like 1

Musk’s cyber clothes, so lithe and airy it feels like nothing at all. Only $3000 per custom tailor fitted suit. $500 for the best t-shirt you will ever know, and $1200 for industry disrupting jeans. These are in limited supply so order now, this fashion forward product won’t be available for long.

• Haha 4

18 hours ago, Ted Lange said:

Look at this freak, a rightwing star.  

akrales_181129_3115_0343.jpg   

Nosey Jew?   

racist comedy central GIF

16 hours ago, atomheartbevo said:

That's what happens when you leave a Real Doll in the oven too long.

I'd be more careful making oven jokes about a Jewish person.

• Haha 3

17 hours ago, Born to Run said:
17 hours ago, Prepuce of Doom said:
It's perfectly fine that you don't know anything about cars, but this is a truly terrible take. 

Yeah the Avalanche, Aztek, or 80s era Cutlas would be a good example. While not my jam, Miatas freaking rip and are fun as shit on a drive up Lime Creek rd

My parents have owned Miatas for quite a few years and are in a Miata Club in SA. They drive all over the place. I can promise we'll still see Miatas on the road in 20 years. Probably can't say the same about Cybertrucks.

13 hours ago, fattyflattie said:

I believe you in the functionality. I don’t think they are far less. I see 80k used Rivians somewhat regularly at a dealer in Houston area. That same dealer has mid 60s Lightning’s somewhat regularly, too. Decently high mileage ones. I don’t know shit about the new cost of either.  The Fords are typically high trim

So, the total opposite of Lara Loomer.

• Hook 'Em 1

31 minutes ago, locodos said:

The trick is getting the power down.  There are severely diminishing returns to power grains in a Miata.    The car is aerodynamically unstable nearing 130mph and not enough rubber/weight for traction north of 275bhp.   Weight distribution gets thrown off, weight increases... etc.   

d5e2ef71d970ee7e731c4aeb9e9ba633.png

Don't get me wrong, they are cool cars but It's just a matter of how wild you want to get.

It's like the old joke, what's the difference between a 700hp and a 1000hp Supra?   Nothing

Well, that’s the trick with anything right? I’m not familiar with their suspension limitations, but seems most people want to track them and agreed, would be easy to overpower.  You just want a stupid ratio buggy to toy around in, built LS would be cool imo.  One of my buddies in high school was given a built Supra (mind bottling parental/community decision) that was set at around 900 and could be turned quite a bit up from there.  It was mostly sort of controllable on the 900 setting.  When he turned it up it didn’t matter if his big tires were on or not, it was always a question on what it would do.  I can’t believe he did not kill himself or others.  

25 minutes ago, BeardIP said:

Mazda Freaking Miata talk not going away Bwahahahaha. Sad.

Whoa there buddy, I tried to insert some Z4 and "compact" off road trucking talk. I lost the fight, but I fucking tried man.

• Haha 1

2 hours ago, C-Man said:

My parents have owned Miatas for quite a few years and are in a Miata Club in SA. They drive all over the place. I can promise we'll still see Miatas on the road in 20 years. Probably can't say the same about Cybertrucks.

So, the total opposite of Lara Loomer.

Lulz, the Miata is arguably the most popular track car in the US. Granted the non-electric ones are going away, but they'll be around well beyond 20 years from now.

I'm not sure any BroTrucks will make it past 2025.

• Hook 'Em 1

5 hours ago, Brisketexan said:

Honestly, this is kinda where I'm gonna stick.  I have my old 99 F-150 4X4 fully up and running (and, for the first time in 10 years, registered and street legal).  I need a truck for maybe 2k miles a year - hunting, fishing, hauling stuff.  And when you consider the cost of a new truck with 4WD, and how expensive they are to repair....fuck that, I'll just keep this old beast running for another 20 years.  Ito contributes minimal pollution because it's my backup vehicle, not a daily driver.  I'm driving my mom's old (low mileage) little SUV now as my daily driver, but when I ditch that, I'll almost certainly be going at least to a hybrid.  So, I'll have a hybrid for 95% of my road miles, and a reliable truck for the other 5%.  

And yeah, the truck is already faded, dented, and ugly, so....it's like a cybertruck already!

Yep, same. My 2017 Tundra is hopefully the last truck I'll ever buy. It's paid off, and it's the best truck I've ever owned. At some point in the future, I'd like to get a sporty little coupe to drive around town and for weekend getaways and the like. Hopefully in the next couple years there will be some plugin hybrid cars that fit the bill. Mercedes AMG has the C43, which has the type of powertrain I'm talking about...a turbo 4 with hybrid assist, 400HP, 30ish MPG and a 4 second 0-60...but it's fucking ugly. If BMW would offer a similar powertrain in an M car, I'd probably get on the waiting list for it right now. 

• Hook 'Em 1

2 minutes ago, Pescado_Rojo said:

Yep, same. My 2017 Tundra is hopefully the last truck I'll ever buy. It's paid off, and it's the best truck I've ever owned. At some point in the future, I'd like to get a sporty little coupe to drive around town and for weekend getaways and the like. Hopefully in the next couple years there will be some plugin hybrid cars that fit the bill. Mercedes AMG has the C43, which has the type of powertrain I'm talking about...a turbo 4 with hybrid assist, 400HP, 30ish MPG and a 4 second 0-60...but it's fucking ugly. If BMW would offer a similar powertrain in an M car, I'd probably get on the waiting list for it right now. 

I know you, and I know where you come from.

Your daily driver will be this:

1975-Olds-Passenger-Rear-630x390.jpg

And I know you like to show off....that's a Cutlass SUPREME, baby.

• Rage+1 1
  • Drool 1

First human to have Elon's Neuralink installed is, you guessed it, aggy.

All jokes aside (and there's some low-hanging fruit in this article), this is an interesting read. The subject is 30 and a quadriplegic due to a lake accident while serving as a kids' camp counselor. Apparently, the thing "worked" great for a month after being implanted in January but isn't performing nearly as well now. A bit shocking for an Elon product, no? 

https://www.bloomberg.com/news/features/2024-05-16/neuralink-s-first-patient-describes-living-with-brain-implant?accessToken=eyJhbGciOiJIUzI1NiIsInR5cCI6IkpXVCJ9.eyJzb3VyY2UiOiJTdWJzY3JpYmVyR2lmdGVkQXJ0aWNsZSIsImlhdCI6MTcxNTg1NzgxNSwiZXhwIjoxNzE2NDYyNjE1LCJhcnRpY2xlSWQiOiJTREtSV01UMEFGQjQwMCIsImJjb25uZWN0SWQiOiI5MTM4NzMzNDcyQkY0QjlGQTg0OTI3QTVBRjY1QzBCRiJ9.nW2vqsd38x6-nHJMMj-ZzTwKvPWoy6nDuKFl3ZsbTz0

If only someone could have seen this coming.

https://gizmodo.com/the-big-problem-with-hertzs-used-teslas-1851482836

764d2720aa4f6fa177325c67407d2464.jpg

Hertz gambled and lost when it placed its big EV bet on Tesla a few years ago. It was a chance for the rental car company to shake up the industry, instead the company bought 30,000 Teslas, got scared away by depreciation and expensive repairs and now wants to get rid of them. While all those used Teslas looked to be great used car deals, it turns out high mileage EVs that were formerly rentals are horrible to own as New York Magazine reported.

Hertz had ambitions to make 20 percent of its rental fleet EVs, and it was going to start with a massive Tesla deal that saw the company purchase over 30,000. Expensive maintenance that the company didn’t account for spooked the company enough to start to sell off it’s fleet. This made for incredible used EV buys, especially when you factor in the used EV tax credit of $4,000. People scrambled to Hertz dealers buying them up. One salesman at a Hertz dealer in Smithtown, New York told New York Magazine that they were selling as many as 30 Teslas a week at one point. A slowdown came when buyers finally started to realize just what they got themselves into.

Take Bijay Pandey of Irving, Texas. He went and purchased a 2022 Model 3 Long Range for just $25,000 for his wife earlier this year. Problems with it started not long after he purchased it.

Spoiler

After getting a temporary title, he found the car wasn’t reading voltage correctly. Soon, a body shop found a quarter-size hole in the undercarriage he hadn’t seen before, which led to revelations of deeper issues inside. “The high-voltage battery pack is damaged and could cause extreme safety concerns,” a Tesla technician texted him.

The hole in the battery pack turned out to be damage that was classified as “exterior damage,” resulting in a repair bill of over $13,000. Of course, that amount wasn’t covered by warranty. Surprisingly, Hertz told Pandey they would let him swap the car for another. Unfortunately that meant two months of waiting while Pandey still made his $500 car payment. Pandey says this is when it dawned on him why Hertz was trying to offload these EVs. “I realized why they were trying to get rid of those Teslas. If anything happens to a Tesla, then the bill is too high.”

Pandey isn’t alone in this realization. Places like Reddit and Tesla forums are full of people asking whether or not it’s a good idea to buy a used Tesla from Hertz. And a good number of people are telling them to steer clear. Many seem to forget that these were rentals, and rentals often have hard lives. Some suggested that it would make more sense to buy a used Model 3 from Tesla than Hertz.

The battery abuse these have received makes a purchase from Hertz a dealbreaker. My prior experience with purchase of a used rental does factor. Most rental cars don’t see much abuse, however many of these were Uber rentals, lots of fast charging, using all the range there is, the abuse is such it falls on the poor slob that buys one. I would buy a used Tesla from Tesla, that’s about it.

We reached out to Hertz for comment, but Hertz isn’t saying much about the used Teslas. It seems the company just wants to get rid of them and be done with it. In a statement to New York, a spokeswoman said the company expects to be done selling the remaining 20,000 Teslas by the end of the year. If you’re in the market for one of these things and are tempted by the low prices, all I can say is good luck.

• Haha 2
  • Drool 1
  • Fuck Around and Find Out 2

Posted (edited)
28 minutes ago, Brisketexan said:

I know you, and I know where you come from.

Your daily driver will be this:

1975-Olds-Passenger-Rear-630x390.jpg

And I know you like to show off....that's a Cutlass SUPREME, baby.

No man, just no...

I owned this car (same color and model):

1980-Cutlass-Blue-1.jpg.2b97b7705e82822da0b384318c30e445.jpg

I bought it while living at Taos Co-operative. Purchased price was one heavily used motorcycle helmet, a pack of cigarettes, 12 pack of Milwaukee's Beast. 

I never registered it, never insured it, and I kept a quart of oil in the trunk cause it drank the stuff.

It made 2 trips to Padre and untold trips to San Marcos, and one, now infamous "ride for the shrooms". 

I was stolen and I didn't fix the steering column so I had to crank it like a thief.

I'd hand out the "keys" without hesitation at a party for a "beer run" or whatever.

Eventually, it just stopped running, and I got, I think $150 from a "tow your junk away" place.

Loved that fucking ride man. Best car investment I ever made.

But it was not electric nor hybrid... so... it had to go.

20 minutes ago, Gene Parmesan said:

My first introduction to the Miata was this commercial and I’ve hated it since. 

Why do you hate 'Murica? 

Edited by BurntEyes
  • Hook 'Em 2
  • Like 1
  • Haha 1

11 minutes ago, Francisco 2.0 said:

If only someone could have seen this coming.

https://gizmodo.com/the-big-problem-with-hertzs-used-teslas-1851482836

764d2720aa4f6fa177325c67407d2464.jpg

Reveal hidden contents

After getting a temporary title, he found the car wasn’t reading voltage correctly. Soon, a body shop found a quarter-size hole in the undercarriage he hadn’t seen before, which led to revelations of deeper issues inside. “The high-voltage battery pack is damaged and could cause extreme safety concerns,” a Tesla technician texted him.

The hole in the battery pack turned out to be damage that was classified as “exterior damage,” resulting in a repair bill of over $13,000. Of course, that amount wasn’t covered by warranty. Surprisingly, Hertz told Pandey they would let him swap the car for another. Unfortunately that meant two months of waiting while Pandey still made his $500 car payment. Pandey says this is when it dawned on him why Hertz was trying to offload these EVs. “I realized why they were trying to get rid of those Teslas. If anything happens to a Tesla, then the bill is too high.”

Pandey isn’t alone in this realization. Places like Reddit and Tesla forums are full of people asking whether or not it’s a good idea to buy a used Tesla from Hertz. And a good number of people are telling them to steer clear. Many seem to forget that these were rentals, and rentals often have hard lives. Some suggested that it would make more sense to buy a used Model 3 from Tesla than Hertz.

The battery abuse these have received makes a purchase from Hertz a dealbreaker. My prior experience with purchase of a used rental does factor. Most rental cars don’t see much abuse, however many of these were Uber rentals, lots of fast charging, using all the range there is, the abuse is such it falls on the poor slob that buys one. I would buy a used Tesla from Tesla, that’s about it.

We reached out to Hertz for comment, but Hertz isn’t saying much about the used Teslas. It seems the company just wants to get rid of them and be done with it. In a statement to New York, a spokeswoman said the company expects to be done selling the remaining 20,000 Teslas by the end of the year. If you’re in the market for one of these things and are tempted by the low prices, all I can say is good luck.

I'd sooner purchase a race prep high mileage Miata than a rental Telsa. 

(Miata talk not going away)

• Hook 'Em 2