Elon Musk: Officially a fraud and piece of shit. Official or unofficial war criminal?

MaybeACoordinator

Everyone seems to be so upset about the Cybertruck, which I don't really understand. It seems like it sucks, so that should be good enough, but Cybertruck haters seem to be emotionally bothered that the thing even exists. You wouldn't have it to make fun of everyday if it didn't exist!

2 hours ago, Macklemore said:

Elon was one of the first investors into Tesla and was actively involved before they produced their first EV car. That’s a founder in my book.

John Candy No GIF by Laff

I get he was involved very early - but he wasn't a founder, despite his title. And look I get he did a lot while there - but the company is floundering BADLY now.

• Hook 'Em 2

10 minutes ago, BeardIP said:

Everyone seems to be so upset about the Cybertruck, which I don't really understand. It seems like it sucks, so that should be good enough, but Cybertruck haters seem to be emotionally bothered that the thing even exists. You wouldn't have it to make fun of everyday if it didn't exist!

The only people upset are:

• Those that had the gas pedal fail
  • Those that had coolant leaks
  • Those that drove it through a car wash
  • Those that drove it 1 mile and had it die

Frankly - I don't care that much. I think the truck is silly. I kind of agree with MKBHD (aka Marques Brownlee) the truck tried  to do something, and it looks different. And that works when you have a small number of them (see Lambos and Bugattis) but when this car is mass produced - seeing it all the time is going to change the view.

• Hook 'Em 3
  • Haha 1

1 minute ago, Captain Ron said:

The only people upset are:

• Those that had the gas pedal fail
  • Those that had coolant leaks
  • Those that drove it through a car wash
  • Those that drove it 1 mile and had it die

Frankly - I don't care that much. I think the truck is silly. I kind of agree with MKBHD (aka Marques Brownlee) the truck tried  to do something, and it looks different. And that works when you have a small number of them (see Lambos and Bugattis) but when this car is mass produced - seeing it all the time is going to change the view.

Definitely think that the people who bought the thing should be upset, but it seems as if they aren't really, at least from reading the viral tweets and such. It seems more that the Musk haters are mad that the Cybertruck even exists and is talked about and people dare and deign to drive one in their suburb. 

I agree with you-- it's a silly truck for silly people. But there are markets for that. Silly people have been buying silly vehicles en masse since whenever the Mazda Miata was produced.

3 minutes ago, BeardIP said:

I agree with you-- it's a silly truck for silly people. But there are markets for that.

We have entire threads on this board where folks who love them some Elon are mocking silly people for taking silly positions/doing silly things (see, e.g., the discussion of campus pro-Palestine protests).  Pot, the kettle is calling.

4 minutes ago, BeardIP said:

Definitely think that the people who bought the thing should be upset, but it seems as if they aren't really, at least from reading the viral tweets and such. It seems more that the Musk haters are mad that the Cybertruck even exists and is talked about and people dare and deign to drive one in their suburb. 

I agree with you-- it's a silly truck for silly people. But there are markets for that. Silly people have been buying silly vehicles en masse since whenever the Mazda Miata was produced.

It’s ugly. It’s dysfunctional as a pick-up or any other kind of SUV. It’s expensive and has a shit-load of bugs and other design flubs that 99.9% of other new vehicles don’t. It also wasn’t delivered anywhere near Elon’s timeline. What’s not to like?

• Hook 'Em 1

1 minute ago, C-Man said:

It’s ugly. It’s dysfunctional as a pick-up or any other kind of SUV. It’s expensive and has a shit-load of bugs and other design flubs that 99.9% of other new vehicles don’t. It also wasn’t delivered anywhere near Elon’s timeline. What’s not to like?

Of course it's unlikeable in the sense that you don't want to buy one. But it should be something that unites us all in ridicule, not the breathless indignation seen on this pages.

2 minutes ago, C-Man said:

All of those things would be just another product flop.

What makes it hysterically entertaining is 1) all of the fanbois eating their shit sandwich while proclaiming how delicious it is, as 2) Elon continues to insist that it's delicious.  Watching people utterly bitch-ify themselves will never not be entertaining.

• Hook 'Em 4
  • Like 2

5 minutes ago, Macklemore said:

Right-wing Twitter. Guys who were banned before and now are reinstated.

But what were they saying that got them banned? What viewpoints of theirs were censored? I never saw anyone that talked about dismantling the welfare state get censored or banned. 

Hmmm. Makes ya think 🤔 

• Hook 'Em 8

Just now, BeardIP said:

Of course it's unlikeable in the sense that you don't want to buy one. But it should be something that unites us all in ridicule, not the breathless indignation seen on this pages.

I ridicule his Tesla missteps as they have little to do with my life, and never will as I will never, ever buy a Tesla until he’s no longer affiliated with the company (and probably not even then). SpaceX has little bearing on my daily existence as well but, hey, that seems to be the venture of his that is doing the most “good.” Twitter/X is where I draw the line because of what that place has become under his watch. It has complete laid bare the man as an utter fool/fraud, who is amplifying some really bad actors either through stupidity at best and downright evil at worst. Again, I’ve been calling him Miles Bron since I saw The Glass Onion and I’m not backing off that today.

• Hook 'Em 5
  • Like 1

4 minutes ago, Brisketexan said:

What makes it hysterically entertaining is 1) all of the fanbois eating their shit sandwich while proclaiming how delicious it is, as 2) Elon continues to insist that it's delicious.  Watching people utterly bitch-ify themselves will never not be entertaining.

Like our poster on here who keeps tying himself up into a pretzel defending the utter shit-show that FSD is?

• Haha 1

4 minutes ago, Brisketexan said:

100% this. 

When it's scarce, as the other poster mentioned, I could see it being an ironic statement piece from the upper middle class, as a funny thumb in the eye of people who hate Musk. But when it gets mass produced, it's going to be hilarious to see people driving the hunk of junk and thinking they have made a good deicison on their vehicles. 

2 hours ago, BrickHorn said:

The proposal that humans will ever sustainably colonize Mars (much less in the next 30 years) is painfully stupid.

Never mind the obvious issues that Mars has no food and virtually no oxygen or water, so we would need to haul all that shit out there just to set up a small enclosure that could support life.

The bigger problems are geological. Mars has no global magnetic field. Couple that with the thin atmosphere, and the sun would bombard any human on Mars’s surface with ionizing radiation.  Even assuming we could eventually set up a colony there, its inhabitants would need to be artificially shielded (in spacesuits, under ground, etc.). 

And Mars has only 38% of Earth’s gravity. Living in reduced gravity long term could have all kinds of negative impacts on human health and could potentially fuck up our ability to reproduce. And the low gravity coupled with the lack of a magnetic field means any attempt to terraform Mars (i.e. create an Earth-like atmosphere) would be doomed to failure - the Sun would eventually blast it away. 

Can we solve this problem? Not in our lifetimes. You’d have to somehow slam Mars with asteroids or some shit for millennia, and wait for it the resultant composite to form a solid planet of sufficient mass. We’re talking about geological time scales here. And even then, there’s the problem of how to get a global magnetic field going on Mars. 

And further: even if we could do all of that, compared to Earth, Mars is 50% further from the Sun. Which means we can’t just add an atmosphere and some water and hope to replicate Earth’s climate there. (This problem would be exacerbated if we don’t go to the trouble of scaling Mars up to Earth’s size and mass).

It’s fun to ponder extraterrestrial colonization and space exploration is important if for no other reason than it expands our knowledge. But talk of a near-term sustainable colony anywhere outside of the thin little habitable shell on our home planet is fucking idiocy. 

I agree.

People who are all bought in on this idea of a Utopian society on Mars believe that Sea Monkeys look like this...

image.thumb.png.3fe05bdbe739741bbdff738aa7eb0562.png

• Drool 1

1 minute ago, texasdago said:

I agree.

People who are all bought in on this idea of a Utopian society on Mars believe that Sea Monkeys look like this...

image.thumb.png.3fe05bdbe739741bbdff738aa7eb0562.png

You just knew that lady sea monkey was dirty.

Oh sure, like I was the ONLY ONE who thought that.  Please.

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Haha 5

2 hours ago, Macklemore said:

I slob his knob when it comes to Twitter. That’s the only product of his that I use. I think changing the name of Twitter to X was stupid as hell. No one calls it X.

You probably think he was a founder of Twitter.

• Haha 5

2 hours ago, BrickHorn said:

The proposal that humans will ever sustainably colonize Mars (much less in the next 30 years) is painfully stupid.

Never mind the obvious issues that Mars has no food and virtually no oxygen or water, so we would need to haul all that shit out there just to set up a small enclosure that could support life.

The bigger problems are geological. Mars has no global magnetic field. Couple that with the thin atmosphere, and the sun would bombard any human on Mars’s surface with ionizing radiation.  Even assuming we could eventually set up a colony there, its inhabitants would need to be artificially shielded (in spacesuits, under ground, etc.). 

And Mars has only 38% of Earth’s gravity. Living in reduced gravity long term could have all kinds of negative impacts on human health and could potentially fuck up our ability to reproduce. And the low gravity coupled with the lack of a magnetic field means any attempt to terraform Mars (i.e. create an Earth-like atmosphere) would be doomed to failure - the Sun would eventually blast it away. 

Can we solve this problem? Not in our lifetimes. You’d have to somehow slam Mars with asteroids or some shit for millennia, and wait for it the resultant composite to form a solid planet of sufficient mass. We’re talking about geological time scales here. And even then, there’s the problem of how to get a global magnetic field going on Mars. 

And further: even if we could do all of that, compared to Earth, Mars is 50% further from the Sun. Which means we can’t just add an atmosphere and some water and hope to replicate Earth’s climate there. (This problem would be exacerbated if we don’t go to the trouble of scaling Mars up to Earth’s size and mass).

It’s fun to ponder extraterrestrial colonization and space exploration is important if for no other reason than it expands our knowledge. But talk of a near-term sustainable colony anywhere outside of the thin little habitable shell on our home planet is fucking idiocy. 

Huh, unlike elmo, you sound like you know what you are talking about.

also, obligatory, 

Global Magnetic Fields, how do they work?

Posted (edited)
5 minutes ago, Captain Ron said:

Give a clear example of normal speech that was censored that shouldn’t have been.  

he's openly shared on here (or shaggy, fuck if I remember) his masturbatory fantasies of going down to the border and shooting migrant families. pretty sure he thinks the nasty shit spewed by the likes of nick fuentes is normal speech.

Edited by ultimaton
  • Hook 'Em 8
  • Like 1

4 minutes ago, Captain Ron said:

Give a clear example of normal speech that was censored that shouldn’t have been.  

https://www.dailydot.com/debug/laura-loomer-banned-twitter/

Loomer said Twitter informed her she was banned for violating rules against hateful statements after she posted that Minnesota Representative-elect Ilhan Omar was "anti Jewish." Loomer's tweet, one of many that she had posted criticizing Omar and other prominent Muslim figures, said the incoming congresswoman was part of a faith in which "homosexuals are oppressed" and "women are abused."

https://reason.com/2018/11/26/twitter-permanently-banned-conservative/

Meanwhile this was fine

36 minutes ago, Zeus said:

https://www.dailydot.com/debug/laura-loomer-banned-twitter/

Loomer said Twitter informed her she was banned for violating rules against hateful statements after she posted that Minnesota Representative-elect Ilhan Omar was "anti Jewish." Loomer's tweet, one of many that she had posted criticizing Omar and other prominent Muslim figures, said the incoming congresswoman was part of a faith in which "homosexuals are oppressed" and "women are abused."

https://reason.com/2018/11/26/twitter-permanently-banned-conservative/

Meanwhile this was fine

LOL

Following the ban, Loomer handcuffed herself to the door of Twitter's New York City headquarters. During the protest, Loomer wore a yellow star reminiscent of the Star of David that Jewish people were forced to wear under Nazi-occupied Europe during World War II.

• Haha 6

4 hours ago, Brisketexan said:

He's pulling his own strings.

He's a narcissist.  Narcissists thrive on slavish adoration.  And it's less about the volume/number of adoring parties than it is about the degree of adoration among the adoring parties.  So, narcissists seek out audiences/groups who are likely to deliver what they need.  That slot is easily filled by the "redpill/incel/groyper" type crowd.

Elon needed something: knob-slobbering adoration.  He gets it by saying things that the knob-slobbering crowd loves to hear.  And that crowd LOVES hearing someone more powerful than them say what they are thinking/believe, because it gives them validation -- "see, we're not stupid!  ELON AGREES WITH US!  That means we think just like a super brain genius does!"

It's no much more complicated than a politician telling a crowd of UT students "It's great to be here at the GREATEST university in the state of Texas!" to get their adoring cheers....and then saying the EXACT same line to a crowd of aggy students later that afternoon.  It's about getting the adoration.

That you don't see yourself as one of the knob-slobberers is one of the least surprising things ever revealed on this board.

image.gif.1c7c25c255c40c99934e3dddaf4f02ad.gif

• Haha 5
  • Drool 2

Posted (edited)

nsiap ...

Just got this email from the Guardian UK.

Hi wood,

Yesterday, Elon Musk posted this on Twitter/X:

The Guardian
Vulgarity aside, “misanthropic” is an odd choice of word with which to attack a news organization. We don’t hate people. We exist only to serve people: to give the public free and accurate information about what’s going on in the world.

That’s more than can be said for Twitter/X, a platform which – under Musk’s ownership and encouragement – has spread misinformation, conspiracy theories and hate.

The Guardian is skeptical of plutocrats and entrenched power. From Musk to the Murdochs, a small number of billionaire owners have a powerful hold on much of the world’s information – and what they spread is often distorting and destructive.

The Guardian is different: with no billionaire owner, we are free to seek the truth and lift up important stories that people ought to know – and free to care less what Musk or any billionaire thinks of us.

Thanks to readers like you all over the world contributing what you can, we will continue to publish fearless, independent journalism – whether the rich and powerful like it or not.

Will you support that mission?

Yours,
The Guardian

Edited by wood
  • Hook 'Em 5
  • Like 1

4 hours ago, BrickHorn said:

The bigger problems are geological. Mars has no global magnetic field. Couple that with the thin atmosphere, and the sun would bombard any human on Mars’s surface with ionizing radiation.  ...

No problem. Just send Buckaroo Banzai.

27a3c134-8528-4337-b12f-b661842f899a_tex

• Haha 2

6 hours ago, Brisketexan said:

Well, he has answered it.  By his results.  The Cybertruck.  Firing masses of people actually essential for his core business, etc.  Half-assed thinking yields shitty results. 

I saw one today at 5th/Lamar. The "stainless" steel exterior looked like a pool that hadn't been treated or cleaned in months. 

13 minutes ago, KaiserSoze said:

I saw one today at 5th/Lamar. The "stainless" steel exterior looked like a pool that hadn't been treated or cleaned in months. 

It's stain "less", not stain free lol. And musk used a lower grade of stainless and didn't do a surface passivation. There's been a few CT owners that have been scrubbing their truck down with barkeeper's friend to accomplish the same thing 

• Hook 'Em 1

3 hours ago, BeardIP said:

Just because you keep posting this doesn't make it true.  Learn to read the room and move on.

• Hook 'Em 3
  • Like 2

3 minutes ago, Captainant said:

There's been a few CT owners that have been scrubbing their truck down with barkeeper's friend to accomplish the same thing 

They might want to verify that doesn't void their warranty.

• Haha 1

It's perfectly fine that you don't know anything about cars, but this is a truly terrible take. 
Yeah the Avalanche, Aztek, or 80s era Cutlas would be a good example. While not my jam, Miatas freaking rip and are fun as shit on a drive up Lime Creek rd
  • Hook 'Em 2
  • Like 1

13 minutes ago, Deej said:

They might want to verify that doesn't void their warranty.

Just another testament that Tesla skipped a pretty standard step when dealing with wear surface stainless steel. They wouldn't be having all the rusting problems and it would be even more MANLYTOUGH after the EXTREMELY HARDCORE ACID DIP

• Hook 'Em 1

Yeah the Avalanche, Aztek, or 80s era Cutlas would be a good example. While not my jam, Miatas freaking rip and are fun as shit on a drive up Lime Creek rd

Uh the 80s Cutlass does not belong in that group of wretched examples of mechanical abortions

f86b6db5a0ccbc3454803ea504401bf2.jpg
  • Hook 'Em 4
  • Drool 2

4 hours ago, BeardIP said:

Everyone seems to be so upset about the Cybertruck, which I don't really understand.

It's not that we are upset, it's that we are mocking the fact that Tesla is supposedly the world's most valuable car company, and their first "truck" turns out to be something that was either designed in India by somebody who attached some sheet metal to one of their trucks that we can't import in the US, or that was designed by 8 year-olds.  

And not just 8 year-olds, but 8 year-olds in the 1970s/1980s who watched some Roger Corman (RIP) movies or watched Damnation Alley too many times.

The Big Lebowski Reaction GIF

3 hours ago, BeardIP said:

Definitely think that the people who bought the thing should be upset, but it seems as if they aren't really, at least from reading the viral tweets and such. 

If you spent $85,000 - $100,000 on something, and it turned out you had to be careful when encountering car washes in the wild, or needed a degree in chemistry to properly clean it, or were reduced to using fucking Barkeeper's Friend on it, or couldn't carry a spare tire unless you want to wipe out a huge chunk of the limited bed space, you're not going to put it out that there you fucked up.  Plus, if you are critical, some of the Cult of Elon folks might jump all over your ass on social media.

Having seen several in the wild now, and up close no less, it's hard to believe that it starts at $81,000 when you see Rivians and Ford F-150s Lightnings for far less, with a lot more functionality.

• Hook 'Em 3