Elon Musk: Officially a fraud and piece of shit. Official or unofficial war criminal?

MaybeACoordinator

CyberTruck sends owner to the ER before he even drives the goddamn thing: https://gizmodo.com/new-cybertruck-sends-owner-to-the-emergency-room-before-1851503680

The Tesla Cybertruck’s launch has been far from smooth, to say the least. We’ve heard about the time a car wash bricked a Cybertruck, the frunk’s taste for fingers and that coolant leaks aren’t covered by the warranty even if you’ve only driven 35 miles since taking delivery. Those are all legitimate problems that anyone would be rightfully upset about experiencing, but the most concerning problem people appear to be having is with just how sharp the body panels can be. One new Cybertruck owner even ended up in the hospital after cutting his wrist during delivery.

Over on the Cybertruck Owners Club forum, user bdesign shared that their Cybertruck was finally ready for delivery. Unfortunately, when they went to pick it up, the truck was in “sloppy, sloppy condition at delivery.” The inside of the windshield was dirty and covered in some kind of film. “Body panels have some sort of splattery overspray on them that doesn’t wipe off - it just smears around.” Also, the hood was already covered in small rust spots, making some Barkeeper’s Friend a necessary purchase. Oh, and the rubber seal on the driver’s side of the tonneau cover was loose.

Those are all issues that would upset anyone who just spent $100,000 on a new car, but at the same time, that’s also pretty typical for a Cybertruck delivery. The same goes for when they were driving it later at about 60 mph and a panel in the bed fell off. You shouldn’t have to deal with that kind of stuff when buying a new car, but nothing is too out of the ordinary when you’re talking about the Cybertruck.

That said, we have yet to hear about a Cybertruck drawing blood before the customer has even left the parking lot:

Two of the Delivery/Advisor employees were with my wife and me as we walked around the truck inspecting it.

I noticed a little pit/divet or something on the tailgate.

I licked my left thumb, and tried to rub the spot to see if it was actually a divet or just some stray adhesive or something…

OUCH! Crap

I jerked my arm back and the employees chuckled jokingly saying this thing can be dangerous.

I, too, thought it was a little slice like a paper cut…

Until the blood started pouring.

A lot of blood…

Yep, the Cybertruck sliced his wrist right open. If you’re really curious, you can find the photo of the injury here, but trust us when we say you probably don’t want to click that link. It’s even marked with a spoiler tag on the original post because, well, a lot of people could really do without accidentally seeing a cut wrist before lunch.

The good news is, the two Tesla employees were able to get him cleaned up and bandaged well enough to complete the delivery process. A couple of hours later, though, he thought it had stopped bleeding enough to unwrap it. That proved to be a mistake. “I unwrapped my wrist and BOOM - spurts of blood all over the kitchen island…,” he wrote, “which leaves me here, at the ER.”

We’re not going to stand here and declare ourselves to be manufacturing experts, but it seems like you probably shouldn’t sell a car with edges so sharp that someone who grazes one of the panels with their arm ends up in the hospital. That just seems like a bad idea to us. Then again, what do a bunch of internet writers know? This could just be yet another example of Elon Musk’s extraordinary genius that we’re just too unintelligent to comprehend.

• Haha 4
  • Rage+1 1

7 minutes ago, 4th&Five said:

how do we get this prick interested in the titanic?

Good idea. Somebody is even planning to make a new submersible, mainly made of acrylic. Seems like a good project for both of them.

21 minutes ago, Macklemore said:

Looks like Musk values stopping a 2nd term for Biden more than obtaining Trump’s support for EVs. Tesla employees from legally organizing, and figures he can buy off Trump; with a few golden toilets if he really needs to.

fify

• Hook 'Em 3

On 5/28/2024 at 11:08 AM, Brisketexan said:

It MAY be that the Cybertruck, in the hands of someone who actually has the first fucking clue about what they are doing, could perform....fine.  But, we'll never know.  Because it is solely driven by poindexters and pathetic fanbois.

Hmmm yeah we do... 

https://www.arenaev.com/jerryrigeverything_tests_tesla_cybertrucks_towing_abilities-news-3037.php

Screenshot_20240529_070116_Chrome.thumb.jpg.984f78fdfd4aea140883f9958445ff7f.jpgScreenshot_20240529_070045_Chrome.thumb.jpg.f8b1c1e53a5b81f9c4bab5b703a9ae02.jpgScreenshot_20240529_070011_Chrome.thumb.jpg.ba71c7d5b86a2cf6409289e5ba2f96ba.jpg

2 minutes ago, BurntEyes said:

Whatever.  How do they stack up in the most important metrics:

"Being Extreme!"

and

"Being Hardcore!"

Yeah, you left those metrics out on purpose, didn't you, you beta cuck soyboy?

• Haha 5

I drove one of these today because I'm a nice guy and didn't want to tell my buddy that I wasn't interested in being seen in his gaudy monstrosity. It's a really weird driving experience. The blind spots are unnerving, especially the A-pillar. Considering the blind spots, you would thinking that the backup cameras would be great, but they somehow fucked that up too. The steering yoke sucks and so does shifting on a screen. They are incredibly quick and responsive, so that's nice. I was very happy to get back in my normcore truck.  

• Hook 'Em 4

1 hour ago, Macklemore said:

image.thumb.png.3059a71fc52c3300fb7e606b997ffdf6.png

I know after all the meth PnP and the resulting syphilis you don't have that much left in the way of working grey matter in that skull of yours, but ya'll were the bad guys in that movie you dumb-dumb.

• Hook 'Em 3
  • Haha 3

4 hours ago, ultimaton said:

I know after all the meth PnP and the resulting syphilis you don't have that much left in the way of working grey matter in that skull of yours, but ya'll were the bad guys in that movie you dumb-dumb.

You think it’s an accident that he picked a side that dreSSed in that outfit?

• Hook 'Em 3

12 hours ago, texasdago said:

I have an Alfa Romeo and it's never been towed.  That should tell you something.

A. You rarely drive it? Or

2. Someone sold you a Toyota with Alfa Romeo badging?

12 minutes ago, C-Man said:

Someone with a twitter account have the whole thread? I would love to see exactly what Musk said to generate this final bomb.

I see some of the intro and how Musk dismissed his work here:

https://www.forbes.com/sites/roberthart/2024/05/28/elon-musk-is-feuding-with-ai-godfather-yann-lecun-again-heres-why/?sh=3d2f2dee2b8b

But they don't have everything.

• Hook 'Em 1

8 hours ago, C-Man said:

Oh, OK. So all the technology developed by private companies in house so they can patent it and profit from their research isn't science. All the stuff developed by DARPA isn't science. None of that stuff actually exists because it wasn't science. That new stealth bomber? Lies, because it wasn't published in a peer reviewed journal. 

• Hook 'Em 2

10 minutes ago, NotActuallyALonghorn said:

Oh, OK. So all the technology developed by private companies in house so they can patent it and profit from their research isn't science. All the stuff developed by DARPA isn't science. None of that stuff actually exists because it wasn't science. That new stealth bomber? Lies, because it wasn't published in a peer reviewed journal. 

1 minute ago, Stanley said:

Elon bad! He say mean things! Racist! Nazi! War criminal! No science!

billionairedefended.jpg.bd1b7aed557b65155e5ccd7100dfc1eb.jpg.0841204e88446a5d98133abe066c06d7.jpg

• Hook 'Em 2
  • Like 2
  • Haha 5

Posted (edited)
5 minutes ago, Stanley said:

Elon bad! He say mean things! Racist! Nazi! War criminal! No science!

Oh cool, Jum Breuer posts here!

And he’s not funny in writing, either.

Edited by BrickHorn
  • Hook 'Em 3
  • Haha 2

26 minutes ago, NotActuallyALonghorn said:

technology developed by private companies in house so they can patent it and profit from their research isn't science. All the stuff developed by DARPA isn't science. None of that stuff actually exists because it wasn't science. That new stealth bomber? Lies, because it wasn't published in a peer reviewed journal.

Patents are all published and literally examined. Have you ever tried to patent something?

• Hook 'Em 3

Patents don't generally give out the level of detail needed to reproduce something without doing a lot of work. They also aren't all published. If the government deems your patent critical to national security, it gets squirreled away for them to do with it whatever they please. And lol at the notion that a patent undergoes the same kind of examination that peer review does.