Elon Musk: Officially a fraud and piece of shit. Official or unofficial war criminal?

MaybeACoordinator

“Dude, then people could travel in tubes man.”

“That is so awesome, what if you had a company and it was called the boring company?”

“That would be killer man, but it’s not really boring, it’s in the ground!”

“That’s the great part of it man. It’s like boring, but not boring, but it kind of is man.”

“Dude, but space. Going on a trip on a rocket”

“Whoa, Elon, you are a super genius dude!”

“Thanks, Elon!

f_webp

The Ram 1500 Rev and Ramcharger will go on sale late next year. The Rev is the Ram brand’s first fully electric truck and will be available with a driving range up to 500 miles before needing to recharge.

The Ram 1500 Ramcharger is a plug-in hybrid but it’s different in some important ways from most plug-in hybrid vehicles. It has a 6-cylinder gas engine in addition to powerful batteries and electric motors but it can go as far as 145 miles on battery power before needing the gas engine. That’s a greater EV-only range than most plug-in hybrids can manage. Also, it can use DC fast chargers to quickly refill its batteries which most plug-in hybrids can’t. Together, these factors mean Ramcharger could be used like a fully electric vehicle with the gas engine needed rarely.

https://www.cnn.com/2023/12/23/business/most-interesting-cars-coming-in-2024/index.html

that looks like it has a real truck bed, and having a gas engine but still going 145 miles on battery is interesting.

• Hook 'Em 5

On 12/22/2023 at 2:05 PM, Guadaloopy said:

Does Honda’s recall of 2.5M vehicles because the engines die unexpectedly while driving move the needle for this crowd?

This Is The Worst GIF by Parks and Recreation

You are trying really hard to defend Elon here. Also get your facts right:

Honda Motor’s American arm is recalling more than 2.5 million vehicles in the U.S. due to a fuel pump defect that can increase risks of engine failure or stalling while driving.

According to documents published by the National Highway Traffic Safety Administration, the fuel pump impeller used in 2017-2020 Acura and Honda vehicles was improperly molded. This results in low-density impellers, which “can deform and interfere with the fuel pump body” over time, regulators said, leading to an inoperative fuel pump.

If the fuel pump module doesn’t work, the car’s engine may not start or can stall while driving, the NHTSA said, increasing crash and injury risks. Honda says it has not received any crash or injury reports related to this recall to date.

21 hours ago, HornOnTheBayou said:

What I do find interesting about this one is that Hyperloop One isn’t Musk’s company, despite the name.

This is just like how Hyperloop isn’t even his idea. There are documents and patents that go back as far as the 1700’s where people had ideas which matched the one that Musk outlined.

In other words, like everything else; he didn’t invent it, he just stole someone else’s idea. 

• Hook 'Em 2
  • Like 2

3 hours ago, Captain Ron said:

What I do find interesting about this one is that Hyperloop One isn’t Musk’s company, despite the name.

This is just like how Hyperloop isn’t even his idea. There are documents and patents that go back as far as the 1700’s where people had ideas which matched the one that Musk outlined.

In other words, like everything else; he didn’t invent it, he just stole someone else’s idea. 

One last thing about Hyperloop one, one of their founders had the most punchable name ever:

Brogan BamBrogan

Edited by Captain Ron

4 hours ago, Guadaloopy said:

Engines die unexpectedly when the fuel pump stops working.  What fact did I not have straight?

A fuel pump going out results in an engine stall out and loss of power. It's not a good thing to have happen, but the car is still controllable and completely fixable without any lasting damage after a warranty pump replacement. That's what happened to a number of Honda drivers, and Honda issued a global recall to resolve the issues. 

A fucking suspension arm coming off a Tesla means uneven application of torque to the ground resulting in worse driver control. Plus a fucking wheel falls off and will almost certainly lead to significant body and potential frame damage. That happened to a brand fuckin new Tesla, and they stuck the owner with the repair bill AND COVERED IT UP! However they did issue a recall in China because they couldn't hide it from the Chinese government because they have worse regulatory capture there. 

Honda covered the repair costs, and the damage was fully repairable with low risk of permanent damage and low risk to third parties. 

Tesla stuck customers with repair costs for manufacturing defects, and the damage was catastrophic and made the car much more difficult to control in an emergency scenario. Sure the person in the Tesla may be fine, but the person/car they could spin into would be worse for wear.

Like goddamn dude you are doing the laziest whatabout #bothsides

• Hook 'Em 6
  • Like 2

Ahh fuck I’ll say it.

Besides all the facts that are now well documented the difference is Toshihiro Mibe (who?) isn’t the douchebag narcissist that tells the Earth how fucking great he and everything he touches is like the the CEO of Tesla is.

You gonna talk all your shit you better back yo shit up.

• Hook 'Em 3
  • Like 3

meme-song.gif

https://www.nbcnews.com/news/us-news/twitter-violated-contract-pay-millions-bonuses-us-judge-rules-rcna131034

WASHINGTON — Twitter violated contracts by failing to pay millions of dollars in bonuses that the social media company, now called X Corp, had promised its employees, a federal judge ruled on Friday.

Mark Schobinger, who was Twitter’s senior director of compensation before leaving Elon Musk’s company in May, sued Twitter in June, claiming breach of contract.

Schobinger’s suit alleged that before and after billionaire Musk bought Twitter last year, it promised employees 50% of their 2022 target bonuses but never made those payments.

• Hook 'Em 1

9 hours ago, C-Man said:

Did that kill anybody? Because I’m pretty sure Tesla’s (not so) autonomous driving system did kill people.

Improper use of the driver assist functions in Tesla’s caused deadly accidents.  

Improper use of driver assist functions (cruise control and lane-keeping) has caused automobile accidents for decades.

People misuse technology    Reel at 11.

1 minute ago, Guadaloopy said:

Improper use of the driver assist functions in Tesla’s caused deadly accidents.  

Improper use of driver assist functions (cruise control and lane-keeping) has caused automobile accidents for decades.

People misuse technology    Reel at 11.

Did improper use result in multiple fucking suspension arms doing an RUD? There's more at issue here than your $8,000 early access beta pedestrian smearing software, but you seem incapable of discussing literally anything else 

• Hook 'Em 1

9 hours ago, Captainant said:

A fuel pump going out results in an engine stall out and loss of power. It's not a good thing to have happen, but the car is still controllable and completely fixable without any lasting damage after a warranty pump replacement. That's what happened to a number of Honda drivers, and Honda issued a global recall to resolve the issues. 

A fucking suspension arm coming off a Tesla means uneven application of torque to the ground resulting in worse driver control. Plus a fucking wheel falls off and will almost certainly lead to significant body and potential frame damage. That happened to a brand fuckin new Tesla, and they stuck the owner with the repair bill AND COVERED IT UP! However they did issue a recall in China because they couldn't hide it from the Chinese government because they have worse regulatory capture there. 

Honda covered the repair costs, and the damage was fully repairable with low risk of permanent damage and low risk to third parties. 

Tesla stuck customers with repair costs for manufacturing defects, and the damage was catastrophic and made the car much more difficult to control in an emergency scenario. Sure the person in the Tesla may be fine, but the person/car they could spin into would be worse for wear.

Like goddamn dude you are doing the laziest whatabout #bothsides

I am not doing a “both sides” bit here.   Just pointing out that when it comes to vehicle recalls, Tesla is not some egregious outlier.

1 minute ago, Captainant said:

Did improper use result in multiple fucking suspension arms doing an RUD? There's more at issue here than your $8,000 early access beta pedestrian smearing software, but you seem incapable of discussing literally anything else 

I’ve already acknowledged that Tesla fucked up that situation.  

3 minutes ago, Guadaloopy said:

I’ve already acknowledged that Tesla fucked up that situation.  

4 minutes ago, Guadaloopy said:

I am not doing a “both sides” bit here.   Just pointing out that when it comes to vehicle recalls, Tesla is not some egregious outlier.

That fuck up in itself is an egregious outlier in how companies handle recalls. That doesn't happen with literally any other car manufacturers, much less the one that's larger than it's next 5 competitors combined. 

• Hook 'Em 2

7 minutes ago, Captainant said:

That fuck up in itself is an egregious outlier in how companies handle recalls. That doesn't happen with literally any other car manufacturers, much less the one that's larger than it's next 5 competitors combined. 

A minor bit of defense here but auto manufacturers are averse to issuing recalls. How long did it take ford to issue a full recall on Firestone tires on explorers?  The more costly it would be, the harder they push against it. 

As a former f250 owner, the community was pushing for recalls on the death shimmy that is very much a road danger to the driver and others around.  Ford eventually issued one for a too narrow range of manufacture dates, and the last I remember for mine was a letter saying they’d fix it if I’d experienced the issue but not if I hadn’t , so not a real recall  

never heard of them blaming the driver though.  And I don’t pay much attention to Tesla but don’t they/musk hold it up as a better company than legacy auto brands?

Edited by Pato del Muerto
  • Hook 'Em 1

12 minutes ago, Captainant said:

How old are you guys?  If I had time right now, I could link at least a half dozen stories of major auto manufacturers denying and obfuscating ahead of recalls over the decades.  

Edited by Guadaloopy

15 hours ago, atomheartbevo said:

f_webp

The Ram 1500 Rev and Ramcharger will go on sale late next year. The Rev is the Ram brand’s first fully electric truck and will be available with a driving range up to 500 miles before needing to recharge.

The Ram 1500 Ramcharger is a plug-in hybrid but it’s different in some important ways from most plug-in hybrid vehicles. It has a 6-cylinder gas engine in addition to powerful batteries and electric motors but it can go as far as 145 miles on battery power before needing the gas engine. That’s a greater EV-only range than most plug-in hybrids can manage. Also, it can use DC fast chargers to quickly refill its batteries which most plug-in hybrids can’t. Together, these factors mean Ramcharger could be used like a fully electric vehicle with the gas engine needed rarely.

https://www.cnn.com/2023/12/23/business/most-interesting-cars-coming-in-2024/index.html

that looks like it has a real truck bed, and having a gas engine but still going 145 miles on battery is interesting.

145 miles on a battery is not “rarely need the engine” territory imo, as an electric car driver since 2016. Electric range is much like fuel range - stated as optimum. How you accelerate, average speed, stop and go, payload, and ordinary battery degradation impact that. 

all of that said, I bought Tesla twice and probably won’t again. The positives are the company forced the market to move to EVs and software and user interface is much better than other cars even without car play. 

we have a Porsche macan (thanks twice horn for the rec) and an model X. There are things to not like about the Tesla X but at 7 years old it has held up remarkably well. I’ll drive it for a few more years while the traditional auto makers figure out EV drive trains but I will likely switch to Mercedes (last car before my two teslas) or another maker when the time comes.

as for recalls and cover ups, fuck all of them, right now tesla, before that VW, before that another one and before that another one. That’s capitalism for you (no CR and not a commie). 

as for Elon, fuck him in his goat ass. Fucker. Piece of shit, blight on society, poster child for a wealth tax what a fucking waste.

Edited by troph
  • Hook 'Em 3
  • Like 1

2 minutes ago, HenryJames said:

IMO, it's not that there are recalls happening. They're pretty much always going to happen for anything operating at scale because fuckups happen and amplify down the line when you're making high volume things. 

What I do find contemptible is Teslas response to their findings of multiple major manufacturing defects - not software defects - and attempting to conceal it and push the cost onto their customers. It built a lie of a facade that Tesla was just better™ and was a big part of elmos ability to pump his TSLA shares. It was arguably fraudulent, considering they were selling cars with known defects and advertising/presenting them as bulletproof. 

• Hook 'Em 2

7 hours ago, Gatorubet said:

There is nothing “strange” about it for decent people.   But if thin-skinned racist assholes who are completely devoid of empathy for their fellow man are your cup of tea, by all means carry-on. 

He’s always been an inappropriate autistic guy. The surly cabal has really turned this place into sensitive horns. Cringe. 

• Fuck You 18

Yeah only a bunch of overly-sensitive crybabies would react negatively to someone saying they think Hitler was right about the Jews.

People like you should feel a lot freer about saying shit like that in public and not just the internet, if you think it’s just a bunch of internet pussies that don’t take kindly to it.

• Hook 'Em 7
  • Like 1

25 minutes ago, troph said:

145 miles on a battery is not “rarely need the engine” territory imo, as an electric car driver since 2016. Electric range is much like fuel range - stated as optimum. How you accelerate, average speed, stop and go, payload, and ordinary battery degradation impact that. 

all of that said, I bought Tesla twice and probably won’t again. The positives are the company forced the market to move to EVs and software and user interface is much better than other cars even without car play. 

we have a Porsche macan (thanks twice horn for the rec) and an model X. There are things to not like about the Tesla X but at 7 years old it has held up remarkably well. I’ll drive it for a few more years while the traditional auto makers figure out EV drive trains but I will likely switch to Mercedes (last car before my two teslas) or another maker when the time comes.

as for recalls and cover ups, fuck all of them, right now tesla, before that VW, before that another one and before that another one. That’s capitalism for you (no CR and not a commie). 

as for Elon, fuck him in his goat ass. Fucker. Piece of shit, blight on society, poster child for a wealth tax what a fucking waste.

Mercedes EVs suck coming from a tesla. They want to make it feel like an ICE, so you lose all the EV perks like get in and go, the instant torque, regen braking, and hold at stop. We test drove a ton when my wife's Tesla was totaled and she wound up in a Volvo EV, which drives great. The software on the Volvo leaves a lot to be desired, though. 

• Hook 'Em 2

3 minutes ago, hornian said:

Mercedes EVs suck coming from a tesla. They want to make it feel like an ICE, so you lose all the EV perks like get in and go, the instant torque, regen braking, and hold at stop. We test drove a ton when my wife's Tesla was totaled and she wound up in a Volvo EV, which drives great. The software on the Volvo leaves a lot to be desired, though. 

Volvo is polestar too, right?  Their new SUB looks nice. The new karma ocean  SUV also looks nice.

Edited by Pato del Muerto
  • Hook 'Em 1

25 minutes ago, hornian said:

Good to know thanks! Mercedes ICE was my last and it was my fav ICE for driving around town all things considered. 

1 hour ago, wildcat09 said:

Yeah only a bunch of overly-sensitive crybabies would react negatively to someone saying they think Hitler was right about the Jews.

People like you should feel a lot freer about saying shit like that in public and not just the internet, if you think it’s just a bunch of internet pussies that don’t take kindly to it.

Yawn. I’ve been to synagogue more than 99% of this site and I haven’t bashed anyone. Well, except you pussies that have ruined this place. 

• Fuck You 21

1 hour ago, troph said:

It’s well more than enough range for the accountant who lives in bridgelands commuting down to Conoco and back every day. And then handle taking his three kids, Aiden, Jayden, and Cayden, to football, baseball, and gymnastics afterward.

• Hook 'Em 1

2 hours ago, Captain Ron said:

So what you’re saying is Tesla is an evil auto maker, but whatabout all the other evil auto makers?

That’s not how “tu quoque” works.  If I was saying “other automakers do this, so it’s OK that Tesla does it”, then you would have a point.  

The general tone and theme re: Tesla in this thread is that Tesla has uniquely bad products and processes.  My only argument is that this is simply not the case.