new Curb tonight, mofos

Gil Bang

On 2/8/2024 at 2:45 PM, Al_4_ISU said:

Her unfuniness is the joke itself.  She plays a horrifically bad actor in the previous season that Larry gets blackmailed into putting into his show.  Then the show takes off, because of her, and becomes a giant success.  The world is absolutely in love with Maria Sofia despite her being absolutely untolerable and grating.  Larry and Jeff are the only ones who see how awful she is.  Like always, the world is gaslighting them.

Golly gee, I never watched an episode before last week.🙄

It wasn't funny last season, it's not funny now. 

• Like 1

Good episode, the double gift idea is actually pretty awesome. Is the jockey statue a real thing in Georgia?  I have never seen one of those anywhere before.  

Not sure if this prediction is true, but...

Spoiler

Is Larry going to lose his case at the end of the show and end up in jail just like the finale of Seinfeld? They can call back a parade of celebrities to attest to his "character" in court, he loses his case, then the last scene is Larry in his cell with the cell slamming shut. Cue the tuba and fade out...     Real Larry gets to tell everyone how funny that is, how it's a great way to end the show, and anyone who doesn't like it can piss off!

Edited by Dutchrudder
  • Hook 'Em 1
  • Like 1
  • Haha 1

Maria is the Hispanic Sally Weaver folks.  How do you not see that?  I gotta do all the thinking around here?  You know it hurts my brain.  

I think it’s clever and funny,  but yeah-the character doesn’t need quite so much screen time from our end.  

I like the jail theory.  Larry created a world unlike any other.  iMO, he can do whatever the fuck he wants.  

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Haha 1

Episode 2 seemed like a very "standard" Curb episode to me, not sticking out in either direction.  My main criticism is that it's just the same thing as always:  Larry gets in trouble for fairly reasonable behavior and has some ridiculous demands placed on him.  But by the same token, that's the show.

The scenarios didn't seem any more ludicrous than what we normally see.

1 hour ago, Texzilla58 said:

I haven’t seen anything to rival “beloved aunt” in several seasons.

You can spend the rest of your life looking brother cause it ain’t never gonna happen     
so just enjoy the victory lap

• Like 1

On 2/7/2024 at 7:20 PM, Texzilla58 said:

I’m not a Leon fan. The dick dial is a joke I’ve heard since buttdialing started. I lived this show for years and its second incarnation after the hiatus just hasn’t measured up to the extraordinary greatness of the first seasons.

If you don't like Leon, just stop watching.  He's the best part of the show.

• Hook 'Em 2

On 2/11/2024 at 10:03 PM, 4th&Five said:

E2 was probably the worst episode of the series imo. Inventing ridiculous premises that don’t even make sense. Glad it looks like they’re back in LA with the regulars next week. 

I thought E2 was hilarious.  The lawn jockey, the Giuliani hair dye, Larry having to fight the charges because they saw it in the car.  Love this show.

I understand the complaints about the episode, but I don't agree with them.

Larry becomes a hero in Georgia. Then he's staying at a house with a black lawn jockey. Everyone knew exactly where the episode was headed. But it was still a damn hilarious journey along the way. Same with him using the bathroom at the store where Jeff is going to return the item. 

image.png.cc2121b2ec391d97447b803a3ca04d74.png

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Like 1

On 2/7/2024 at 8:20 PM, Texzilla58 said:

I’m not a Leon fan. dick dial is a joke I’ve heard since buttdialing started. I lived this show for years and its second incarnation after the hiatus just hasn’t measured up to the extraordinary greatness of the first seasons.The

He can be funny, but rarely.  Sometimes Leon goes off on weird tangents that aren't funny and I can't wait until the line is over....and weird Larry does a fake laugh or reaction. 

Larry was kinda wild and extreme at beginning of Ep 1, but he is dialing it in to classic Larry stuff by Ep 2.

I think the Irma and Sophia stories will drop off soon. He seems to carry over some stories from previous season and drop them early.

I am expecting some great cameos this season...I trust Larry to give a great final season.  His last few seasons will be hard to top.

They went back to the well and we got a classically Curb episode. 

A lot of positives:

- Leon’s Kramer like storyline.

- Golf and country club shenanigans.

- Susie chewing out Jeff and Larry.

- Good, but brief dinner party. Freddy’s situation fits him like a glove. I agree with the post above, a longer dinner scene makes it a better episode. Maybe cut out the Tubman lemon tree, it didn’t really work. 

- Ted Danson rivalry.

- Larry of course tries to do the right thing with the deaf actor and it backfires. 

• Hook 'Em 1

7 hours ago, billfromlaketravis said:

They went back to the well and we got a classically Curb episode. 

A lot of positives:

- Leon’s Kramer like storyline.

- Golf and country club shenanigans.

- Susie chewing out Jeff and Larry.

- Good, but brief dinner party. Freddy’s situation fits him like a glove. I agree with the post above, a longer dinner scene makes it a better episode. Maybe cut out the Tubman lemon tree, it didn’t really work. 

- Ted Danson rivalry.

- Larry of course tries to do the right thing with the deaf actor and it backfires. 

Leon has always been black Kramer and I’ve never realized it fully until now.  You genius.

• Haha 2

5 minutes ago, billfromlaketravis said:

Mooching. Sex without strings. No filter. 

I’d say J Smoove’s approach is completely different, but it’s the same result. 

The perfect foil to the tidy neuroses of Jerry and Larry

9 hours ago, NOMAAA said:

Well she’s 70 now right?

Gotta be.  The show is nearly 25 years old.  It started in 2000.  The fact that Larry David has looked vaguely 70 since he was 30 has blurred the perception of people aging in this series I think.

What blows my mind is that Cheryl was 35 when they started the show.  Larry was 53.  They both seemed much older than 35 or 53 today.

• Hook 'Em 2
  • Like 1

On 2/20/2024 at 7:10 AM, Deej said:

Susie has turned into Rhea Perlman.

Other than the foul mouth, curly hair, crummy fashion sense, hatred of men, scathing wit, judgey resting face, and absolutely fucking hilarious…I just don’t see the connection between the two.  

oh wait; they both lost loved ones to tragic Zamboni accidents.