so Trev Alberts (yes, THAT Trev Alberts) just left the AD job at Nebraska for the same job at A&M

Rimbo

47 minutes ago, YGIFS said:

Did he do the sexual misconduct or was it like a Jim Jordan/Joe Paterno thing where he looked the other way and didn't report stuff happening in his athletic dept?  

He was covering it up. Pretty sure the AD didn't follow the Title IX guidelines.

When you need a 50 year old federal statute to tell you to turn in sexual assault instances, that's not a great moral compass.  

I don't need U.S. Annotated Code to tell me that when I see 5 weirdos dressed in togas stabbing a guy in the middle of the park in plain view of 100 people, I shoot the bastard.  That's my policy.  

• Like 3
  • Haha 5

Interview question (kudos to MP&TLOB):

”How much do you hate the Longhorns!”

”A lot!”

”For this job, you’ve got to really, really hate the Longhorns”

”Oh, I do! I really, really hate the Longhorns!”

”You’re hired!”

• Haha 1

2 hours ago, YGIFS said:

When you need a 50 year old federal statute to tell you to turn in sexual assault instances, that's not a great moral compass.  

I don't need U.S. Annotated Code to tell me that when I see 5 weirdos dressed in togas stabbing a guy in the middle of the park in plain view of 100 people, I shoot the bastard.  That's my policy.  

The sexual misconduct happened over 18 months before Trev got his contract extended. That makes their oversight that much worse. 

38 minutes ago, ousux said:
5 hours ago, WelfareBuysMyWeed said:
Has nebraska been relevant in anything in a decade?

Women's V-ball, but that's it.

Meh, the coach and program were rolling long before Ol Trev came along

• Hook 'Em 1

3 hours ago, statsman said:

Interview question (kudos to MP&TLOB):

”How much do you hate the Longhorns!”

”A lot!”

”For this job, you’ve got to really, really hate the Longhorns”

”Oh, I do! I really, really hate the Longhorns!”

”You’re hired!”

Actually, all he had to do was give the Horn’s down sign…..hired!

3 hours ago, ousux said:
8 hours ago, WelfareBuysMyWeed said:

Women's V-ball, but that's it.

And didn't we just beat them in the national championship game?

Ricky Gervais Lol GIF

• Hook 'Em 6

4 minutes ago, Beau Vine said:

And didn't we just beat them in the national championship game?

Ricky Gervais Lol GIF

"Beat" doesn't really describe that match.  They were favored if I recall correctly.  Our ladies curb stomped them.  They had pretty much given up by the final set.

• Hook 'Em 5

10 hours ago, WelfareBuysMyWeed said:

I find this comment ironic because our Deputy Athletic Director/COO Shawn Eichorst was the AD for Nebraska from 2012-2017. Perhaps aggy is so determined to beat us that they had to get their own Nebraska AD as well. Let’s see how this works out for them. 

On 3/14/2024 at 9:18 AM, DFW Horn said:

Truth be told, Bjork left because he grew tired of their meddlesome alumni and their idiot, John Sharp.

It doesn't matter who they hire as AD. He'll have a 3-4 year shelf life in Gomerville.

You are giving Bjork too much credit.   

On 3/14/2024 at 8:12 AM, Boss Hogg said:

So for those that don't follow, is Trev actually good AD?

aggy just hired a guy who finished well behind them in the Directors' Cup the last 3 years.

image.png.5c52a1a02543a13691c85da553e0f0f0.png

• Like 1
  • Haha 2
  • Fuck Around and Find Out 1

Committee's have a sense of humor...

No. 8 seed Nebraska faces No. 9 seed Texas A&M on Friday in Memphis in the opening round of the men's tournament.

And women's teams play each other too... 😋

Screenshot_20240318-093328_kindlephoto-2001425.png.01c84f094f4e44caf738689f603f2479.png

• Like 1
  • Haha 5

19 minutes ago, Pato del Muerto said:

Why?  Because he is an alum?  It’s not like he was doing a great job. 

They feel like they are on the up and up.  Getting poached by Aggy is a slap in the face.  They mainly blame lack of leadership at the top.  Apparently they have quite a few vacancies at the top university level and the Board of Regents isn't moving fast enough to resolve this.

On 3/14/2024 at 4:33 PM, YGIFS said:

I don't know about no code or nothing, but damn, that's pretty harsh to shoot a guy getting repeatedly stabbed. I guess you put him out of his misery.

It was a Naked Gun quote I kinda fumbled up.  But one of my favorite scenes.  I just rewatched it a couple weeks ago for the first time in probably 20 years.  It doesn't hold up well, sadly.  Unlike "Airplane"  Maybe because of O.J. or somethhing, dunno.  

7 hours ago, Bodhi said:

NU just poached Washington’s AD who had been there a whole 6 months. I didn’t know ADs could use the portal now too. 

We hired him from Tulane, which just seemed like a really odd choice.  The main thing he did was whiff on the deBoer extension, but he did do a good job of quickly replacing him, but he can still GTFO as far as I'm concerned.

• Haha 1

Posted (edited)

I see Trev Alberts and sexual misconduct and I get confused for a second and am thinking Marv Albert and his love and appreciation for lingerie against his own skin and I have to say…

Jim Carrey Yes GIF

then I realize we are talking about something else.

Edited by troph

On 3/14/2024 at 7:18 AM, DFW Horn said:

Truth be told, Bjork left because he grew tired of their meddlesome alumni and their idiot, John Sharp.

On 3/14/2024 at 9:16 AM, DFW Horn said:

But, I thought aggy was a destination job? Isn't that what Bjork told A&M while interviewing and Ole Miss when he resigned?

On 3/14/2024 at 7:40 AM, Beau Vine said:

Bjork left because Ohio State offered him a job.

In his OSU intro he called A&M a "fighter brand" and the Bucks a "championship brand".  It was the perfect explanation for all of his hissy fits at Texas joining the SEC.

• Haha 1

3 hours ago, Beau Vine said:

We hired him from Tulane, which just seemed like a really odd choice.  The main thing he did was whiff on the deBoer extension, but he did do a good job of quickly replacing him, but he can still GTFO as far as I'm concerned.

The best part of this story? His wife and kids never moved to Seattle. So, he never really arrived.