Texas (+6.5) vs Tennessee - Saturday at 7pm on CBS

4 minutes ago, Rockethorn1978 said:

Lmao that was definitely you as dusty won the WS and you disappeared. Pussy. 

Why are you so angry that Terry has been successful as the coach at Texas, so far? Why does it hurt you so much? As far as Dusty, I was happy for him, because the Astros won. Then the next season he went back to the same idiot he has always been as a manager by purposedly playing Maldonado instead of Diaz. Hey, Dusty stuck around long enough and finally had a team that was so good, they were able to overcome his stupid decisions. It also helped that the pitching staff put together one of the greatest post-season runs in modern history.

But continue to cry about it.

• Hook 'Em 1

Posted (edited)

after we played a really ugly game against csu:

IMG_1567.thumb.jpeg.998f0aa040bfc06303c17dcf0cbd4cf0.jpeg

texas fans were in here being rightfully and reasonably critical of the performance, and nobody was calling out or trashing RT. and yet, the pro-RT crowd decided to make whiny, angry posts about how everything is always RT’s fault and how a bunch of us would have praised the performance of chris beard was the coach, even though nobody was saying that. derailed the thread for more than a page.

now, we don’t even play tennessee for another six hours, and the pro-RT is ALREADY making whiny, angry posts about how IF we lose tonight people will be happy because they always want to blame everything on RT.

would you people fucking stop it? 

Edited by shadow_operative
  • Hook 'Em 4
  • Haha 1
  • Fuck You 1

Yes don’t be realistic about Texas or you hate they win. Stupid. We all want them to win. Crazy how you carry one expectation for a coach that’s actually won a title and been to title games and he’s the idiot and you gloat about RT who hasn’t done dick ever. 

We will see tonight. Again we don’t matchup well and have to play way over our heads to win this game and I hope we do. 

• Hook 'Em 2

12 minutes ago, shadow_operative said:

texas fans were in here being rightfully and reasonably critical of the performance, and nobody was calling out or trashing RT. and yet, the pro-RT crowd decided to make whiny, angry posts about how everything is always RT’s fault and how a bunch of us would have praised the performance of chris beard was the coach, even though nobody was saying that. derailed the thread for more than a page.

now, we don’t even play tennessee for another six hours, and the pro-RT is ALREADY making whiny, angry posts about how IF we lose tonight people will be happy because they always want to blame everything on RT.

Would YOU fucking stop it, you baby?

• Hook 'Em 2
  • Haha 2
  • Fuck You 2

Posted (edited)
2 minutes ago, jimmyjazz said:

Would YOU fucking stop it, you baby?

so you want me to actively participate in these restarted slap fights among our own fans instead? what am i asking, you obviously do, you’re starting another stupid fucking slap fight right now. fuck outta here.

if i was behaving the way htownhorn is you would stroke out and die out of rage. fuck off.

Posted (edited)
2 minutes ago, jimmyjazz said:

Uh, that's what you're doing?

exactly. i am doing exactly what i just said: participating in this retarded slap fight that your stupid, obsessive ass started. didn’t even need to wonder what it is you wanted. you love this stupid shit. 

Just now, shadow_operative said:

exactly. i am doing exactly what i just said: participating in this retarded slap fight that your stupid, obsessive ass started. didn’t even need to wonder what it is you wanted.

WTF are you babbling about now?

I'm "obsessed" with your constant pollution of this board?  OK, I guess.  It would be a lot better if you just didn't post, because you want to talk about personal shit more than you want to talk about Texas basketball.

News flash:  we have a game coming up later today and some of us are actually looking forward to it.

Posted (edited)
3 minutes ago, jimmyjazz said:

I'm "obsessed" with your constant pollution of this board?

i’m literally arguing against the needless pollution of these threads with unprovoked slap fights (which you claim that i bring to this forum), and you’re raging against me for that. yes, you are obsessed with me, and you have zero objectivity when it comes to anything that i say. this right here is case in point. you’re literally raging at me for asking people to quit starting pointless fights with other UT fans. you have a sickness.

1 hour ago, 6th Street said:

Don't have the firepower to win a shootout due to lack of scorers. Wish we had Brumbaugh

Why does it not surprise me that you are hung up on a guy who shot 40% from the field this year in an inferior conference to the Big 12 

• Haha 1

19 minutes ago, shadow_operative said:

i’m literally arguing against the needless pollution of these threads with unprovoked slap fights (which you claim that i bring to this forum), and you’re raging against me for that. yes, you are obsessed with me, and you have zero objectivity when it comes to anything that i say. this right here is case in point. you’re literally raging at me for asking people to quit starting pointless fights with other UT fans. you have a sickness.

Why stoop to these people’s level?

1 hour ago, shadow_operative said:

IMG_1567.thumb.jpeg.998f0aa040bfc06303c17dcf0cbd4cf0.jpeg

There’s 4 likes combined between those 5 tweets. How long did you spend scavenging Twitter for something that fit your narrative? 

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Haha 2

18 minutes ago, Helobious said:

There’s 4 likes combined between those 5 tweets. How long did you spend scavenging Twitter for something that fit your narrative? 

17 minutes ago, shadow_operative said:

that’s a screenshot of consecutive posts made during the game smart guy. 

Bro I'm sorry your world is collapsing in front of you but you're getting owned by Helo at this point. Take it easy, man. I like you - in fact most of us like you - try and relax and take care of yourself. I know you're in poor health, but getting into these endless shouting matches on Surly isn't helping that. 

I'm rooting for you man - we've been cool for a long time now. I think you're a solid dude and I think you have a solid mind on you. We all have our own demons - as I'm telling you this I may or may not need to go into residential treatment for alcoholism. That's a battle I'm fighting. 

I think what we can all agree on is that we're Texas fans and we want Texas to win. The minutiae and happenings of the past should be brushed away. Terry is the guy right now, he has these guys playing well and we have a legitimate chance of upsetting a 2 seed and making the 2nd weekend for the 2nd straight season. 

Let's go Horns. Hook 'em.

Love you Derk.

• Hook 'Em 3
  • Like 2

"Pro" RT or "anti" RT, I would hope all Texas fans want us to win and move on.  I certainly know Derka is in that camp.  Anyone who isn't has some fucked up priorities.

What a horrible turn of events it would be for the 'horns to advance further, maybe even really far, and then we'd have to stick with the coach who . . . was successful.

• Hook 'Em 2

I hope we play smart.  I can’t take watching another turnover festival peppered with off-balance threes from Disu and stupid hero-ball shots from our guys.  

We hit only one three because the vast majority of our threes were off-balance and out of rhythm.  Hell, Abmas hit that one from the logo, but at least his shoulders were square and his feet were set.  

8 minutes ago, Paul Wesley said:

I hope we play smart.  I can’t take watching another turnover festival peppered with off-balance threes from Disu and stupid hero-ball shots from our guys.  

It felt like Disu was bombing most of them long, especially early, the exact opposite of the game where he was suffering a stomach issue and then rolled his ankle.  I wouldn't ordinarily think of him as a guy who would get too jacked up, but maybe he was just too jacked up.

Interesting opportunity for Rodney Terry tonight.  Win and get to the Sweet 16 and he likely quiets a faction that wonders if he’s the right man for the U.T. job while also perhaps keeping UT basketball competitive for recruits and the transfer portal.  Lose and an early tournament exit seems consistent with a .500 conference record and fall off from Beard’s rapid ascension of the program with only UT NIL in his toolbox to “maybe” keep UT basketball nationally competitive.

This is far from a "I want us to beat KU in football, but if we don't, at least that's the end of our long Charlie Strong nightmare" scenario. There's no obvious payoff for losing to Tennessee tonight. So let's not. 

Posted (edited)
42 minutes ago, Steelers Roll Left said:

Interesting opportunity for Rodney Terry tonight.  Win and get to the Sweet 16 and he likely quiets a faction that wonders if he’s the right man for the U.T. job while also perhaps keeping UT basketball competitive for recruits and the transfer portal.  Lose and an early tournament exit seems consistent with a .500 conference record and fall off from Beard’s rapid ascension of the program with only UT NIL in his toolbox to “maybe” keep UT basketball nationally competitive.

The sect of Texas fans that think making the sweet sixteen is like the floor or standard for this program fucking kills me. Y'all are actually the most delusional, stuck-up bunch of fart-smelling assholes I've ever seen. I just happened to get born into it. 

Edited by ztejas
  • Hook 'Em 1
  • Haha 1

11 minutes ago, ztejas said:

The sect of Texas fans that think making the sweet sixteen is like the floor or standard for this program fucking kills me. Y'all are actually the most delusional, stuck-up bunch of fart-smelling assholes I've ever seen. I just happened to get born into it. 

didn't you go to silver spoon SMU?

Consistent Sweet Sixteens means you gotta legit program. Most Texas fans I know want that and mix that with entitlement that’s the floor but that’s not the same thing as thinking you’re legit. Our results the last 20 years ain’t legit. 

Posted (edited)
13 minutes ago, troph said:

Consistent Sweet Sixteens means you gotta legit program. Most Texas fans I know want that and mix that with entitlement that’s the floor but that’s not the same thing as thinking you’re legit. Our results the last 20 years ain’t legit. 

I often tell people UT fans’ level of support of the basketball program is not deserving of success.  It’s why historically I’ve had different expectations for the football program than the basketball program, why I would’ve given longer leashes to the Rick Barnes’ and Shaka Smart’s both of whom seemed higher quality coaches than UT basketball fan support deserved.  These sentiments, however, have to be weighed against the disproportionate playing field of college athletics that gives schools like Texas a gigantic advantage over 90% or more of the country’s athletic programs, an advantage that is even larger in the still new NIL-era.  

Edited by Steelers Roll Left
  • Hook 'Em 1

31 minutes ago, ztejas said:

I'm feeling good about this one I've felt good about it all day let's fuck these fake UT ass bitches up.

Great song.

My daughter (no pics) runs track in Jr. High (hence no pics, you pervs).  Most of the other teams are listening to Taylor Swift or something else while getting "psyched" up for their races.  Her relay team uses this song.  The other teams do a double-take when all four of them yell out "Can I scream?" in the intro.

• Hook 'Em 1

i think that DK is going to get his tonight regardless, and that what we do to stop guys like zakai zeigler and jonas aidoo that will determine the outcome. tennessee has played some close games this year when DK was going off but nobody else was bringing it. it’s when tennessee’s ancillary players have really good games that tennessee is a legit title contender.

• Pancho pinned this topic
  • Pancho unpinned this topic