2024 NCAA Sweet Sixteen and Elite Eight Games

LTtxfan

34 minutes ago, UTexasFight said:

Didn’t UH have a key injury last year late?

or was it the year before?

or am I making that up ?

2022 Tramon Mark and Kyler Edwards. They were a damn good team. A couple of key injuries this year as well.

1 minute ago, UTEE97 said:

Seems like Big 12 was overrated this year.

A bit, but UH was a natty caliber team that was absolutely decimated by injuries this year. Shead was just the cherry on top. They stay like 80% healthy they probably win it all.

• Hook 'Em 1

2 minutes ago, Brian Fantana said:

A bit, but UH was a natty caliber team that was absolutely decimated by injuries this year. Shead was just the cherry on top. They stay like 80% healthy they probably win it all.

I don't think Houston ever had the offense to win it all. Same goes for Tennessee and Barnes. Their best usually is Final 4. 

Just now, Honeysucklerose said:

Glad Houston is out. I was in fertitta center for the beating they gave us this year and their idiotic fans were brutal

So to the Asian dude behind me in section 118 trying to fight me. Screw you and your wannabe glorified high school.

Why didn't you fight him you fucking pussy

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Haha 2

Just now, Honeysucklerose said:

Glad Houston is out. I was in fertitta center for the beating they gave us this year and their idiotic fans were brutal

So to the Asian dude behind in section 118 trying to fight me. Screw you and your wannabe glorified high school.

I’ll just add, fuck kelvin.

but losing that way sucks. I really like Shead. I’m about 7 miles from Manor High and think I can hear the tears. 

1 minute ago, UTexasFight said:

Everyone is playing for second behind UCONN anyway, so does it really matter?

I would like to see Purdue play Uconn in the championship game. Should be a great game if those two can make it there.

Elite 8 Number of Teams per Conference 

• ACC           3    Duke, Clemson, NCSt
  • B10            2    Purdue, Illinois
  • SEC           2    Tenn, Bama
  • Big East     1    UConn

• Hook 'Em 1

2 minutes ago, LTtxfan said:

Elite 8 Number of Teams per Conference 

• ACC           3    Duke, Clemson, NCSt
  • B10            2    Purdue, Illinois
  • SEC           2    Tenn, Bama
  • Big East     1    UConn

You get 38% of the Elite 8 and doesn’t include the best team in your conference.

March madness. 

• Hook 'Em 2

1 minute ago, UTexasFight said:

You get 38% of the Elite 8 and doesn’t include the best team in your conference.

March madness. 

Some of the best regular season teams not making the Elite 8 is one of the reasons folks really enjoy March Madness.

NC State on a real heater, but unlikely to keep dancin' into "The Final Four" 

22 minutes ago, LTtxfan said:

Some of the best regular season teams not making the Elite 8 is one of the reasons folks really enjoy March Madness.

NC State on a real heater, but unlikely to keep dancin' into "The Final Four" 

Maybe.

but Burns vs Edey in Phoenix would be entertaining.

but I don’t think either make it there 

3 minutes ago, The_Great_Hornsby said:

You do know that postseason play is the only play that actually matters right?

But it's a terrible argument. 

A small sample where random teams like NC State catch a heater, or Duke beats UH without their best player, etc isn't an indication of conference strength over the long-term. It's why they call it "March Madness."

It's also the same stupidity when people try to argue conference strength over bowl games. 

• Hook 'Em 3

1 minute ago, Rickylovesweed said:

But it's a terrible argument. 

A small sample where random teams like NC State catch a heater, or Duke beats UH without their best player, etc isn't an indication of conference strength over the long-term. It's why they call it "March Madness."

It's also the same stupidity when people try to argue conference strength over bowl games. 

Exhibition bowl games vs a win or go home tournament arent really an apt comparison

• Hook 'Em 1

3 minutes ago, The_Great_Hornsby said:

Exhibition bowl games vs a win or go home tournament arent really an apt comparison

The comparison is a small sample size. Judging a conference based on a couple of games is dumb. 

The ACC only had 4 teams make the tournament for the first time since '13 because the conference sucked most of the year. A couple of random occurrences during "March Madness" like UH being without their best player doesn't change that fact. 

• Hook 'Em 1

Posted (edited)
2 hours ago, Lonestar88 said:
2 hours ago, Horn80 said:

Hope Duke gets blown out next game.

Blue Devils think they are better than everyone else cause, well, they are. It’s my younger daughter’s school. Amazing school, amazing campus. Go Blue Devils. 

Edited by TreatyOak
  • Hook 'Em 1

Posted (edited)
7 hours ago, UTexasFight said:

Everyone is playing for second behind UCONN anyway, so does it really matter?

I agree that UCONN is the prohibitive favorite, but for Alabama, Clemson, and Tennessee who have never made a Final Four, just getting there will be a big deal. 

Edited by Duane Moore

8 hours ago, ClubWhatever said:

Where are the surly dumbfucks and that douche kenpom who were saying the Mountain West was better than the ACC?  lol 

I hope you’re not a math/eng major from UT. That would be embarrassing.

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Haha 1

10 hours ago, Brian Fantana said:

9 hours ago, Rickylovesweed said:

The comparison is a small sample size. Judging a conference based on a couple of games is dumb. 

The ACC only had 4 teams make the tournament for the first time since '13 because the conference sucked most of the year. A couple of random occurrences during "March Madness" like UH being without their best player doesn't change that fact. 

spacer.png

12 hours ago, Wally Pryor said:

Varsity vs. JV.  Men vs. Boys.

However you want to define it. Duke will struggle to win this game.

We'll see.

UH is seriously overrated, don't have height, play hero ball too often, don't run a schematic offense and don't have any serious NBA talent.  UH was destroyed by ISU in the Big12 final , so very beatable. 

• Hook 'Em 1

2 hours ago, GreenspointTexas said:

Thats why i loved college football before the 12 team playoff… every regular season game matters

in basketball, and especially in baseball, no one gives a shit if u drop a game or two. Its why college football is the best sport there is

*was

I still like the way college basketball is structured. It's unpredictable which is what makes March Madness so fun. 

I prefer the women's model though where the top seeds get home court in the first 2 rounds. If you structured the tournament that way it would 1) Give the regular season more weight and 2) Better reflect conference strength in the tournament because it would eliminate the randomness on neutral courts. 

That Shead injury sucked. Probably my favorite non-UT player to watch this year and seems like a really good kid. I'm no UH fan but they win that game if he is healthy. Hated seeing that happen.

• Hook 'Em 1

• Pancho unpinned this topic