Alexandria Ocasio-Cortez

markstanco

On 8/13/2018 at 8:19 PM, Chuckie Finster said:

Why do some Americans join a Texas Longhorns message board to make 100 posts in the span of 2 weeks solely in the politics board, 80+% of which are discussing a 28 year old member-to-be of Congress from NYC?

Can you be introduced to Hugo Stilitz?

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

3 hours ago, bad_teammate said:

lol like Ted Cruz calling Beto a "triple meat Whataburger liberal"

Motherfuckers know how to appeal to 80-year-olds, but anyone under 60 must be scratching their heads.

I think Cruz doesn’t realize how his negative statements sometimes come across as cool comments. I’d order a Triple Meat Whataburger.

• 3 weeks later...
5 minutes ago, Bert Orange said:

Dearest mother,

Today marks the sixth day of the Revolution. We are downtrodden. Our supply of kale and gluten free tacos is exhausted. Our kombucha will soon be gone. Although we have rejected all vaccines in favor of essential oils and raw milk, sickness ravages our camp. We have fought the conservatives with signs, and chants, and songs. Alas, their guns are far more effective. Please send good thoughts and positive vibes. We will need them all, as I fear Empress Ocasio-Cortez is not as skilled a military leader as we had hoped.

Love, your beta cisgender son,

Topher

Resurrecting a dead thread for an awful joke. Nice.

On 9/2/2018 at 4:33 PM, bad_teammate said:

No dragworms allowed in the Piney Point/Bunker Hill area. We have secret police that murder them and turn them into fertilizer for our ivy walls. Like what you white hipsters are doing to minorities through gentrification in NYC, we just started the process decades earlier and are honest with ourselves about it.

lol

I'm not mad actuallysir, YOUR the one whose mad lol

You're stealing my jokes and you suck at them.

And you're way too mad. Please don't call the cops on a welder with bipolar and get him murdered in your white hipster rage.

Bad teammate lives in the Villages! Awesome man. God you’re so adorable. 

20 hours ago, bad_teammate said:

If we took an unscientific poll, and included my friends on the left eith whom I’ve shared this, I think we’d find it’s perceived as pretty funny by the majority. But not everyone has a sense of humor. I get it. 

• Like 1

20 hours ago, bad_teammate said:

Of course its not funny to you.

#1. You're humorless

#2. Of course its not funny to you, it was directed at a democrat, I guess that's what they call her.

#3.   Jesus, if ya can't laugh at both sides (SEE: #1.)

• Like 1

24 minutes ago, seven said:

I was hoping the bump would be some snowflake like emawsome very angry that she recently pointed out the racist history of the electoral college

He's still chasing his tail in the Kavanaugh thread trying to figure out who could change the rules in the Senate.

23 hours ago, ChickenSandwich said:

Perhaps if land voted instead of people, that would matter. I would hazard a guess that the Dem 487 corresponds fairly closely with the 487 most populous counties in America give or take a handful.

• Like 2

12 hours ago, ChickenSandwich said:

I’m sorry you hate our constitution 

No, we love the Constitution, but one of the things that makes it so darn lovable is that it also provides a means for us to modify it. It was never meant to be an end-all-be-all final document.

If you do think it's perfect as-is and should never be changed, then you must really hate the Constitution, since it itself is telling us that we should amend it.

Edited by Rimbo

On 10/8/2018 at 12:55 PM, Bert Orange said:

Dearest mother,

Today marks the sixth day of the Revolution. We are downtrodden. Our supply of kale and gluten free tacos is exhausted. Our kombucha will soon be gone. Although we have rejected all vaccines in favor of essential oils and raw milk, sickness ravages our camp. We have fought the conservatives with signs, and chants, and songs. Alas, their guns are far more effective. Please send good thoughts and positive vibes. We will need them all, as I fear Empress Ocasio-Cortez is not as skilled a military leader as we had hoped.

Love, your beta cisgender son,

Topher

Hilarious! Libruls like veggies and are gun hating hippies! And what a clever format to deliver the joke, too. Big points for originality. Who says conservatives aren’t funny?

Have you seen these dog pictures, btw? The ones where he looks at the camera like he’s making a face? I think it’s a meme, whatever that means.  Classic. 

• Like 1

• 4 weeks later...

One year ago, you could find Alexandria Ocasio-Cortez working behind the bar at Flats Fix, a small taqueria near Union Square. Come January, you will find her in Washington D.C., representing New York's 14th District as the youngest woman ever elected to Congress.

But just because she is making history, doesn't mean she is making money. Ocasio-Cortez recently revealed that she is currently unable to rent a D.C. apartment.

Her transition period will be "very unusual, because I can't really take a salary," she said in an interview with The New York Times. "I have three months without a salary before I'm a member of Congress. So, how do I get an apartment? Those little things are very real."

According to real-estate website Zillow, the median rent in Washington, D.C., is $2,700.

https://www.cnbc.com/2018/11/08/alexandria-ocasio-cortez-cant-afford-to-rent-an-apartment-in-dc.html

That seems like a problem.

1 minute ago, Anastasis said:

Lacks the fiscal discipline to plan and save a buffer for living expenses after an unexpected life event. She is going to be a perfect fit for congress.  

Just wait until after 2 terms when she is worth 10 million dollars like the rest of them.

• Like 1

19 minutes ago, Tom said:

"These people are all ivy league coastal elites who can't relate with the average American!  How can we expect them to represent us or know what our lives are like?"

--------------------------------------------------------------------------

Working class Latina wins election.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------

"This chick can't even afford an apartment in DC!  How can we expect her to represent us?"

Yeah that's it.  You have a super glue grasp of the ignorant.

22 minutes ago, FondrenRoad said:

Just wait until after 2 terms when she is worth 10 million dollars like the rest of them.

Things that should piss everyone off but they never do. For example, Rick Perry spent his career as a state politician and somehow ended up a millionaire. There is no way that fucker earned that money without trading favors.

• Like 2

3 minutes ago, F250 said:

Things that should piss everyone off but they never do. For example, Rick Perry spent his career as a state politician and somehow ended up a millionaire. There is no way that fucker earned that money without trading favors.

Actually he is an investment wizard. I have all my money in Perry managed funds. 

Concerning Ocasio-Cortez's situation, wouldn't it be easier if all members of Congress were required to live in dormitories? Put the fuckers in a dorm with the basics to live off of while Congress is in session and then send their assets back home when they are out of session.

• Like 4
  • Haha 1

Just now, F250 said:

Concerning Ocasio-Cortez's situation, wouldn't it be easier if all members of Congress were required to live in dormitories? Put the fuckers in a dorm with the basics to live off of while Congress is in session and then send their assets back home when they are out of session.

That's kind of what they do. Not in dorms, obviously, but in townhouses. 

20 minutes ago, F250 said:

The favors were traded through a glory hole in the Dixie Chicken bathroom. 

• Like 3

9 minutes ago, bad_teammate said:

At many points in FondrenHorn's BRKLYN rage he talked about how I should shut up about AOS and focus on my red district.

Well, I had already been doing that.

And the Dem won against a GOP incumbent.

lol eat a fat one FondrenRoad

So you finally did something right.  Sometimes even a blind squirrel finds a nut.  Congrats.

1 hour ago, David Dennison said:

Not much when you vote the way leadership tells you to vote, which is what she'll do.

Hack should be your middle name.  You're attitude is every thing wrong with politics in this country.

Vote the party line yep that's always the right move. I bet I've crossed party lines more this election year then you have your whole life.

• Like 1

• hayden_horn changed the title to Alexandria Ocasio-Cortez