Alexandria Ocasio-Cortez

markstanco

33 minutes ago, hobbes2702 said:

That’s kind of my point. The pubs were dumb enough to put someone that stupid on their presidential ticket. Until the Dems put AOC on a presidential ticket it isn’t an equal comparison 

I wasn't comparing the parties. I was just saying they carry the flag of stupidity.

Edited by maninblack
  • Like 1

6 hours ago, bad_teammate said:

How are AOC and Palin similar?

They're both women.

They're both conventionally attractive.

Palin is an idiot and a maniac.

AOC is... what? Does she actually say crazy things? (Angry white male conservatives and "centrists" say crazy shit about her, but that's not the same.)

This is what millennials identify with btw, not ignoring what 97% of scientists agree on. Climate change is going to cost trillions of dollars if it isn't addressed immediately, particularly in the country that is the second biggest (at least last I checked) emitter of greenhouse gases.

• Like 2

2 hours ago, GSU&UT said:

This is what millennials identify with btw, not ignoring what 97% of scientists agree on. Climate change is going to cost trillions of dollars if it isn't addressed immediately, particularly in the country that is the second biggest (at least last I checked) emitter of greenhouse gases.

good for these kids and her.  Hold Pelosi and others accountable.  Its time for a change.

• Like 1

15 minutes ago, hayden_horn said:

i do find it interesting that we have more discussion on this texas board about this new york freshman senator than we do of the 9 freshmen reps we are sending from our own state.

Do any of the Texans look like her?

Edited by B00M
To be clear: she's hot
  • Like 1

On 11/10/2018 at 11:14 AM, jimmyjazz said:

Hey, if you're into this kind of thing that's your business, but I wouldn't be broadcasting it.

9 Awesome Granny Panties That Feel You Comfortable

Wow, cat-woman/granny-panties..? Do those types lean more moderate, or far left or right..? We may never know...

27 minutes ago, B00M said:

Do any of the Texans look like her?

18 minutes ago, Chad Fuck said:

How hot are they?

Well then.

well, it would be one thing if it was a thread simply about her hotness. we are now on page 38 of posts like this:

a94a7c73185eb5514d69ea63f932d28a.jpg

which would be funny if it was at all funny.

• Like 1

But seriously, the group of people who are wetting their pants because an idealistic under-30 from a left leaning district is somehow a portent of doom from the left, well...let's just say I treat this thread with the dignity those fears merit.  I just keep hoping this thread eventually gets converted into a UB latinafest.  

1 minute ago, Incredulity said:

Only that his comment doesn't work in this case.  She actually was born out of the country.  So......

Which is completely irrelevant, because she is an American citizen and meets all standards for the office she was elected to.

Funny how you immediately jumped at the faux dog whistle.

Just now, jimmyjazz said:

Which is completely irrelevant, because she is an American citizen and meets all standards for the office she was elected to.

Funny how you immediately jumped at the faux dog whistle.

It's relevant because the joke is based on the premise of Obama not being a natural born citizen.

I took, "they are not hiding it" as reinforcement in the joke, not irony.

Just correcting what I interpreted as a miscast joke. 

2 hours ago, hayden_horn said:

i do find it interesting that we have more discussion on this texas board about this new york freshman senator than we do of the 9 freshmen reps we are sending from our own state.

Well if any of the freshman from Texas had been on every major news program in the country multiple times and were  labeled the future of the party by the head of the DNC, then I’d bet we would be talking about them. 

No one is scared of her and she really won’t make any difference at all.  Seems like most people critical of her are just laughing at some of the stupid stuff she says.   

But I have no problem with her being elected by the people of her district. She took the risk to run and she one. Good for her. 

• Like 2

3 minutes ago, FondrenRoad said:

Did you "speak" those two carriage returns also?

You are always good for a chuckle. I have to admit that I had no idea what a carriage return was until I googled it. 

But when I speak into my phone it lets me say period and comma but not paragraph.  I wish it would because it is annoying. But as you obviously saw, there wasn’t a paragraph after the sentence that I made the mistake in. Super catch buy you though. 

1 hour ago, sheeeit said:

Well if any of the freshman from Texas had been on every major news program in the country multiple times and were  labeled the future of the party by the head of the DNC, then I’d bet we would be talking about them. 

No one is scared of her and she really won’t make any difference at all.  Seems like most people critical of her are just laughing at some of the stupid stuff she says.   

But I have no problem with her being elected by the people of her district. She took the risk to run and she one. Good for her. 

It's this. The party made her out to be super candidate, when in fact her grasp of civics leaves a bit to be desired.  She's part of the typical young mob mentality clambering for change, but not even understanding what those changes mean or how they can even be implemented.

14 minutes ago, Onboard 2.0 said:

She's part of the typical young mob mentality clambering for change, but not even understanding what those changes mean or how they can even be implemented.

As if the average geezer on Capitol Hill represents some sort of gold standard.

31 minutes ago, Onboard 2.0 said:

It's this. The party made her out to be super candidate, when in fact her grasp of civics leaves a bit to be desired.  She's part of the typical young mob mentality clambering for change, but not even understanding what those changes mean or how they can even be implemented.

Yeah because the current reps have done such a stellar job.

:eyeroll

edit: Well shit, jj beat me to it.

Edited by High Plains Drifter

• hayden_horn changed the title to Alexandria Ocasio-Cortez