Worldwide Israel/Palestine War Protests Thread

bolverk

White protestors (presumably well-off or otherwise privileged students) at UNC throwing bottles and liquids at African American police officers circled around the flagpole to protect the American flag was not on my bingo card today.

• Hook 'Em 1

1 hour ago, Captainant said:

For a bit of context with protests for divestiture in history... People have been fucking up Columbia's shit for generations and it didn't seem to irrevocably stain the university or it's honor

https://www.gettyimages.com/detail/news-photo/an-anti-apartheid-protest-by-students-at-the-entrance-to-news-photo/515710745

anti-apartheid-protest.jpg?s=612x612&w=g

Looks eerily similar to the underpass on 183

• Hook 'Em 1

15 minutes ago, Chuckie Finster said:

These are not serious people.

Great work by that reporter. Lets her hang herself out to look like a moron. It’s the dog that catches the car and then doesn’t know what to do with it.

• Hook 'Em 1

6 minutes ago, Brisketexan said:

If you wanted food and water when you started your illegal occupation of a facility, you should have planned ahead and brought some.

My son’s Boy Scout troop camps in primitive areas and these are kids from 11-17 or so years old, and yet somehow they are able to hike up to a mile, bringing in their own water, food, tents, sleeping bags, clothes, etc.  And it’s food they are cooking and not some freeze-dried shir, These 18-and-up students couldn’t be bothered to hit up the McDonalds down the block, or bring a case or two of granola bars or bring some water jugs and fill them up once inside.

6 minutes ago, Brisketexan said:

But this is about being performative and "look at me," not about any actual well-thought-out strategy. 

Yep.  Nothing they are doing will attract Israel or Hamas’s attention or change any minds whatsoever.  It’s clearly for the social media likes, based on the lack of preparation.  The fact they didn’t prepare makes me think they wouldn’t actually get in and be stuck there.

And based on my knowledge of protests at UT, I’d bet half the guys there are trying to get into the pants of one of the women (or men).

• Hook 'Em 1

3 minutes ago, atomheartbevo said:

My son’s Boy Scout troop camps in primitive areas and these are kids from 11-17 or so years old, and yet somehow they are able to hike up to a mile, bringing in their own water, food, tents, sleeping bags, clothes, etc.  And it’s food they are cooking and not some freeze-dried shir, These 18-and-up students couldn’t be bothered to hit up the McDonalds down the block, or bring a case or two of granola bars or bring some water jugs and fill them up once inside.

Yep.  Nothing they are doing will attract Israel or Hamas’s attention or change any minds whatsoever.  It’s clearly for the social media likes, based on the lack of preparation.  The fact they didn’t prepare makes me think they wouldn’t actually get in and be stuck there.

And based on my knowledge of protests at UT, I’d bet half the guys there are trying to get into the pants of one of the women (or men).

The bolded QFT.  Because 18-22 yr olds are not the best complex thinkers.  And the males among them are among the simplest of thinkers.

2 minutes ago, Frank Drebin said:

I have no problem with him voicing either sentiment (fuck them US and Israel).  Both are political sentiments.

Of course, with freedom comes consequences.  He may well see what future employers think of that.  Take big boy actions, then you play by big boy rules.  That's the thing that few of these nimrods (left or right) seem to get.  It reminds me of the various white supremacists getting pissed when they were doxxed and lost their jobs -- "waaah, I wanted to do Nazi shit, but not shoulder any of the consequences of being a known Nazi."  Those things don't go together.  You are free to take whatever stand you want, and other people are free to think you are a POS because of it, and refuse to be associated with you.  White hood/mask yelling "white power" or black and white keffiyeh yelling "burn down the US and Israel," doesn't much matter -- there's a large group who will judge you to be a shitty person.

• Hook 'Em 3
  • Like 1

1 minute ago, Brisketexan said:

I have no problem with him voicing either sentiment (fuck them US and Israel).  Both are political sentiments.

Of course, with freedom comes consequences.  He may well see what future employers think of that.  Take big boy actions, then you play by big boy rules.  That's the thing that few of these nimrods (left or right) seem to get.  It reminds me of the various white supremacists getting pissed when they were doxxed and lost their jobs -- "waaah, I wanted to do Nazi shit, but not shoulder any of the consequences of being a known Nazi."  Those things don't go together.  You are free to take whatever stand you want, and other people are free to think you are a POS because of it, and refuse to be associated with you.  White hood/mask yelling "white power" or black and white keffiyeh yelling "burn down the US and Israel," doesn't much matter -- there's a large group who will judge you to be a shitty person.

I don't have a problem with him voicing those opinions either.  Unless he was calling for imminent violence or threatening someone with imminent violence, he should be free from any recriminations or punishment from state actors.

His future employers and his private school can obviously do what they want.

I do think masks or disguises should not be allowed in protests.  Especially if they are being used to prevent the lawbreakers among otherwise peaceful protests from being caught and prosecuted for violating time/place/manner, damaging property, or committing violence.

• Hook 'Em 3

Posted (edited)
35 minutes ago, Chuckie Finster said:

These are not serious people.

I'm having a hard time believing this person is really a Columbia student. "Obligated to provide food to students who paid for a meal plan" -- seriously she will never get respectable job ever with this floating around the internet.

also...this reply... lol

image.png.561cc19834e5ba43820a62793e3f8754.png

Edited by MonkeyDoughnut
  • Haha 4

4 minutes ago, Frank Drebin said:

I do think masks or disguises should not be allowed in protests.  

Disagree.  No one should be subjected to looking at these disgusting fuckers, even the other disgusting fuckers protesting with them.  

• Haha 2

3 minutes ago, MonkeyDoughnut said:

I'm having a hard time believing this person is really a Columbia student. "Obligated to provide food to students who paid for a meal plan" -- seriously she will never get respectable job ever with this floating around the internet.

also...this reply... lol

IMG_0450.jpeg

• Like 1
  • Haha 3

Well, he threatened to burn the university down.

If we're following "Tent Law" as I understand it, he's crossed the line from "might camp" to actually saying he's "going to camp." 

Also, fuck him.

1 minute ago, MonkeyDoughnut said:

Posted on the other protest thread, but applicable:  eco-warriors in Germany stormed a Porsche plant and glued their hands to the floor.  In the perfect form, the workers just ignored them, finished their shifts, went home, and turned off the lights; leaving these idiots alone in the dark, glued to the floor.  The stranded ones managed to call the police who had to bring in fire and medical teams because hands were swelling and being impacted by the glue.  The eco-warriors then tried to sue Porsche for their inhumane treatment of being ignored and left in the dark.

Weapons grade strategery right there...

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Like 1
  • Haha 4

6 minutes ago, MonkeyDoughnut said:

also...this reply... lol

Guess I need to read the comments. That's genius. 

4 minutes ago, Frank Drebin said:

Cut off all utilities.  And start blasting Hulk Hogan's theme song, "I am a Real American" at 130 decibels and on a loop.

I thought about cutting utilities and playing some theme music blasting, but I’m ashamed I forgot Real American. 

fine job sir 

I think, beyond the "request for humanitarian aid" from the PHD in "imagination and poetry" the Hamas fanboi who could offer no actual logical reason to his love of Hamas was my favorite take so far.

This appears to have a good bit of the Occupy movement "logic" on/development of one thing devolving into something completely different.

• Hook 'Em 1

• bolverk changed the title to Worldwide Israel/Palestine War Protests Thread