Urban Meyer suspended first 3 games

Machinator

21 minutes ago, ButtFumble said:

it is funny that story tries to say he is "miserable" waiting to get back with the team I doubt that is the case at all at this point I don't think he gives a shit

meyer is the ultimate chameleon of coaching he knows when his shit gets stale and things start going off the tracks and he "nopes the fuck out' before shit gets terrible

he has the perfect excuse now to go 8-5 and then to hit the road after this season or MAYBE next and wait for another job

people will say well what job would be better than osu and the reality is you could have said the same thing for what he had going at Florida, but one 8-5 season and a shit tonne of off the field fucking up and he was out of there with a year off to get the heart back healthy and walk into a perfect situation at osu

if he is really that pissed off he could walk right into meatchicken after next season (or possibly even this season) and totally fuck osu's world and they can afford to pay him or he can step over to USC after this season or next and have things on easy street in the PAC 12 or perhaps even Tennessee or Auburn after next season

I am not sure he would go to meatchicken just because I don't think he would like dealing with the bucknuts of the world once a year, but USC Auburn or Tennessee could and all would pay him, but if he is pissed off enough then meatchicken is probably going to be there for the taking

this plays perfectly into his MO and I have always said that he has a real understanding of how to go out on top and move to the next prime spot to stay on top and perhaps only Saban has that as well, but Saban happened to walk into the one place where they will put up with and cover up about anything so he does not need to worry about leaving anytime soon

Yep. "I would have stayed, but OSU didn't support me like they should have through the entire ordeal. They wronged me. I was the victim in that entire mess."

30 minutes ago, Underdog said:

He'll be glad-handing, backslapping like nothing ever happened on ESPN in no time. 

It won't happen but would love to see the on-air talent refuse to do sideline reports, interviews with him after all this. 

Like I posted earlier, I predict the 9/29 GameDay from State College will have a somber sit-down with Rinaldi, who will ask tough questions but Urban will easily deflect them. Then cut to a panel including Laura Rutledge and Maria Taylor talking about how difficult it is for abused wives to escape their situations. Then later in the show, another panel including Herbstreit to emphasize that none of the current players have anything to do with this situation, and it's good to be back talking football again. Here's how the Bucks' front will shut down McSorley tonight etc etc

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, Bartles said:

Like I posted earlier, I predict the 9/29 GameDay from State College will have a somber sit-down with Rinaldi, who will ask tough questions but Urban will easily deflect them. Then cut to a panel including Laura Rutledge and Maria Taylor talking about how difficult it is for abused wives to escape their situations. Then later in the show, another panel including Herbstreit to emphasize that none of the current players have anything to do with this situation, and it's good to be back talking football again. Here's how the Bucks' front will shut down McSorley tonight etc etc

Go on...

1 hour ago, Machinator said:

Jeff Snook's latest:

Written like the true professional, unbiased journalist he is.

Wow! Based on his reporting on this case, our boosters really need to get after Fenves to pull out all the stops on offering Snook a Professor Emeritus position in the Moody College. While we are at it, we should delete and destroy any of those Cronkite narrated promos and remake them with Snook.

Why should tOSU be able to hoard all the quality faculty and staff?

Edited by Longhorn Fever

11 minutes ago, Longhorn Fever said:

Written like the true professional, unbiased journalist he is.

Wow! Based on his reporting on this case, our boosters really need to get after Fenves to pull out all the stops on offering Snook a Professor Emeritus position in the Moody College. While we are at it, we should delete and destroy any of those Cronkite narrated promos and remake them with Snook.

Why should tOSU be able to hoard all the quality faculty and staff?

Beautifully written by Snook. I love how he tells us that Ohio State fans know Urban's innocent because they they keep up with Ohio media outlets. Seems legit to me.

Their knowledge and exposure to the facts of this investigation and entire case of alleged domestic violence by an assistant coach has been limited to what the national media and ESPN has provided.

During the second week, a few soap-opera type issues that may have occurred....

What he deserves now, according to the facts and evidence in this case, is to have his name cleared publicly and thoroughly.

Isn't this the from the same guy who purposefully, and without substantiation, recklessly attempted to throw shade on the Herman family - pathetically attempting to alter the narrative coming out of ESPN for a news cycle or two?  You know "during the second week of the investigation?

Edited by TtomTerrific

3 minutes ago, TtomTerrific said:

Isn't this the from the same guy who purposefully, and without substantiation, recklessly attempted to throw shade on the Herman family to pathetically attempting to alter the narrative coming out of ESPN for a news cycle or two?  You know "during the second week of the investigation?

Isn't the author of this the same dude who recklessly tried to throw shade on the Hermans to attempt to change the narrative for a news cycle or two?

The same guy

I gave up less than halfway through, wondering how the fuck Jeff Snook could have covered Woody Hayes. Was he a junior cub reporter at the time, with his Dad's fedora with a little card in the headband that said "Press" on it? I did read enough to gather that the entire narrative out of Ohio is that Courtney Smith is a psycho bitch from hell, and everything is her fault. Well, her's and Tom Herman's, of course.

1 hour ago, TtomTerrific said:

Isn't this the from the same guy who purposefully, and without substantiation, recklessly attempted to throw shade on the Herman family - pathetically attempting to alter the narrative coming out of ESPN for a news cycle or two?  You know "during the second week of the investigation?

mshckd.gif

4 hours ago, Machinator said:

What was most important in this whole mess was the fact this wasn’t the Bill Cosby or Harvey Weinstein cases, each involving multiple accusers. This was one single, solitary accuser. And from the moment Meyer was placed on administrative leave, the media dropped the ball by not poking around to verify if she was reliable and credible.

That, above, is my favorite part of the Snook piece.

20 hours ago, ButtFumble said:

I find it interesting that not one "womyns" group or that any old torn up lesbian professors have come out and made a big deal out of this at osu.....at UT you would figure that there would be at least 20 or 30 rosie starter kits out there throwing some dildos at Bellmont to protest the rape culture associated with violent ground acquisition sports

Conspicuously  silent student body too.

Hypocrisy is as hypocrisy does.

21 hours ago, Shmitty said:

You honestly believe that?  or that he has no other sources?

I don’t know why he said he didn’t have anything else. Poor tactics. He did say however that others may reveal more.

Fuck Windows 10!!!! I was trying to let you know about a tweet but I can't embed it! 

<blockquote class="twitter-tweet" data-lang="en"><p lang="en" dir="ltr">The future of Urban Meyer will be the focal point of an Ohio State Board of Trustees meeting Wednesday morning. There are three possible outcomes. <a href="https://twitter.com/PeteThamel?ref_src=twsrc%5Etfw">@PeteThamel</a> has the latest: <a href="https://t.co/4vD2McLsqo">https://t.co/4vD2McLsqo</a> <a href="https://t.co/Vw0dAba9Qt">pic.twitter.com/Vw0dAba9Qt</a></p>&mdash; Yahoo Sports College Football (@YahooSportsCFB) <a href="https://twitter.com/YahooSportsCFB/status/1032079337711906816?ref_src=twsrc%5Etfw">August 22, 2018</a></blockquote>
<script async src="https://platform.twitter.com/widgets.js" charset="utf-8"></script>

Just now, burntorangebongos said:

Fuck Windows 10!!!! I was trying to let you know about a tweet but I can't embed it! 

<blockquote class="twitter-tweet" data-lang="en"><p lang="en" dir="ltr">The future of Urban Meyer will be the focal point of an Ohio State Board of Trustees meeting Wednesday morning. There are three possible outcomes. <a href="https://twitter.com/PeteThamel?ref_src=twsrc%5Etfw">@PeteThamel</a> has the latest: <a href="https://t.co/4vD2McLsqo">https://t.co/4vD2McLsqo</a> <a href="https://t.co/Vw0dAba9Qt">pic.twitter.com/Vw0dAba9Qt</a></p>&mdash; Yahoo Sports College Football (@YahooSportsCFB) <a href="https://twitter.com/YahooSportsCFB/status/1032079337711906816?ref_src=twsrc%5Etfw">August 22, 2018</a></blockquote>
<script async src="https://platform.twitter.com/widgets.js" charset="utf-8"></script>

Don't overthink it, just paste the URL and wait a few ticks.

• Like 1

7 hours ago, Machinator said:

Jeff Snook's latest:

Read all of Snook's latest....

SNOOK is delusional and needs to stop with his "Infatuation of Urban Meyer Crap".  Unbelievable how little credibility Snook has demonstrated in his posts related to this entire mess.......

Edited by LTtxfan

32 minutes ago, JMFP said:
On 8/20/2018 at 7:52 PM, Stella Link said:
So, where is the NCAA in all of this?  

Seriously though, why would they give two shits? What NCAA rules were broken?

"Lack of institutional control" or "Demonstrated failure to exert appropriate institutional control" is one of their favorite penalties.   

"Lack of institutional control" or "Demonstrated failure to exert appropriate institutional control" is one of their favorite penalties.   
Doesn't lack of inst control come after an actual NCAA violation or series of violations though?

The new university reporting clearinghouse is a signal that the story will be one of a no-fault systems issue that is being addressed by proper process improvement. ZS had a difficult marriage, and UM gets a pat on the back for trying to balance his responsibilities as HFC at pOSU with his tender, loving, nurturing, counseling, avuncular nature

Another poster said this, and it didn't seem to get much traction, but I am also curious. Considering Meyer's wife had specific language in her contract about being accountable for reporting this shit as well, wouldn't be absolutely have to be fired and publicly reprimanded for not doing shit with the chain of command or reporting this as well? If he's going to get off scott free and cashing his checks I'd love to test the depths of his moral bankruptcy to sit and smile while his wife is drug through the mud by Ohio State and he just sits there gainfully employed like nothing happened. A man can dream. 

• bob in houston changed the title to Urban Meyer suspended first 3 games