Urban Meyer suspended first 3 games

Machinator

1 hour ago, Surlybastard said:

In all honesty, I don't think it will even get brought up in these meetings between coaches and recruits and most of the time its the asst coaches sitting there anyhow. Its just silly that any lines are being drawn between the pedo scandal and this current one at tosu. Its like comparing Desert Storm to WW2. Its the difference between a coach continuing to be employed after accusations of dv were made and he was cleared of by police(if I have the story straight) and an entire university covering for and enabling a pedo for decades even to the degree that after they finally forced him to retire they were still allowing him to run a charity for kids where he'd show up at psu sponsored events with kids and also take them to road games where it was just the pedo and the kid sharing a hotel room at night. One is something to be thrown on the trash heap of offseason fb scandals while the other is to date the most despicable scandal in the history of college sports.

Art Briles, his gang of “bad dudes,” and the 52 rapes say hi. 

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, nnm said:

Tried to edit, had to quote my own post instead. 

Edit:  so do Dave Bliss, Carlton Dotson, and the deceased Patrick Dennehy. 

Freaking Baylor. 

• Like 1

29 minutes ago, nnm said:

That's definitely in the same league and a contender for said position but I still think something like 100 kids being raped and molested trumps college co eds getting the same thing from fb players. The psu scandal is also worse for how long it was enabled even after they pretty much knew he was a pedo.

Edited by Surlybastard
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, nnm said:

Tried to edit, had to quote my own post instead. 

Edit:  so do Dave Bliss, Carlton Dotson, and the deceased Patrick Dennehy. 

Freaking Baylor. 

Not sure where covering up child rape falls on the scandalous shitbag spectrum, but Penn State thoroughly trumps Ohio State, if not all others.

Edited by Chili dog
  • Like 1

5 hours ago, Bill Lumbergh said:

It's an interesting take, and you could be right, but reading his tweet again it doesn't read that way to me.

He says the people hired to investigate whether Meyer and Gene Smith did anything wrong weren't investigating what they were supposed to be investigating.  To me, that reads like they weren't really investigating Meyer and Smith at all.

But I don't trust that ZS is particularly bright or good with words, so it may just have been poorly phrased.  Either way, based on the replies from the OSU faithful to his tweet, they want no part of this story. 

I hope you are right and I am wrong. Would be much more entertaining.

53 minutes ago, kopp0e said:

It looks like Wisconsin should be added to this list too:

Indiana just suspended their RB - yet to determine why.  should be interesting to see. 

https://www.indystar.com/story/sports/college/indiana/2018/08/24/iu-football-standout-rb-morgan-ellison-indefinitely-suspended/1085600002/

Edited by BlueGreySky

23 minutes ago, TheFlagship said:

Do we believe this? I did some searching on twitter and it looks like it may have some legs.

We have already beat this to death. It ain’t a problem, until it’s a problem. Mike Price showed us why going to the club didn’t fuck him. It was when the stripper stole his wallet and university credit card......and then bought $2000 worth of shit with it that fucked him. 

Same shit with Herman. So fucking what, he likes titties? He isn’t the one with the “I like to go Mike Tyson on the old lady” problem. That belongs entirely to Smith.

Those types of salacious headlines are only applicable when the shit hits the fan. And even then, it is only because it makes a lazy journalist have something to start their story with. Being at the club in of itself is a non story, unless the bosses/contract specifically told you not to go into such establishments.

Fuck Bucknutz, they are bleeding and can’t stand that everyone sees their true colors. And it kills them to admit they are the Dirty low down pieces of shit they are. What they should be concerned with is that our guy was smart enough to get the fuck out of that shithole.

• Like 1

First of all, the fact that "Barstool Sports" is being used as a media source is fucking hilarious. Might as well use Surly. At least some posters here are able to write in complete sentences.

Second, who the fuck spends $600 at a strip club? Unless you are taking recruiting trips to one of the clubs with paraplegics, belly scars and meth faces, that shit makes zero sense. 3-4 dudes at a Miami strip club are spending 2 grand, easy.

Ohio State is desperate to bring Herman into this story. It has become pathetic. And CDC would be smart to say absolutely nothing about this desperate reach.

Edited by Sejjr
  • Like 2

4 hours ago, Surlybastard said:

That's definitely in the same league and a contender for said position but I still think something like 100 kids being raped and molested trumps college co eds getting the same thing from fb players. The psu scandal is also worse for how long it was enabled even after they pretty much knew he was a pedo.

The salient distinction is that adults know how to contact law enforcement or lawyers, whereas child victims see a blurry morass of "the adults."  I'm actually embarrassed I had to be reminded of that on another board. 

This is potentially very funny if you consider that Tom Herman has long been speculated to be the source who tipped off Brett McMurphy and consequently started this whole thing. There were also reports that Herman loaned money recently to Courtney Smith. If that is all correct, Herman tipped off McMurphy after he was angry that Zach Smith and OSU won out on a WR recruit over Texas. If he had never done that, this would have never been revealed.

Am I missing something here?  

7 minutes ago, Sejjr said:

First of all, the fact that "Barstool Sports" is being used as a media source is fucking hilarious. Might as well use Surly. At least some posters here are able to write in complete sentences.

Second, who the fuck spends $600 at a strip club? Unless you are taking recruiting trips to one of the clubs with paraplegics, belly scars and meth faces, that shit makes zero sense. 3-4 dudes at a Miami strip club are spending 2 grand, easy.

Ohio State is desperate to bring Herman into this story. It has become pathetic. And CDC would be smart to say absolutely nothing about this desperate reach.

Barstool is not the source of this information. They are merely reporting on it like every other outlet. 

Again, who gives a shit if Herman was a strip club. He is a grown man. He did nothing illegal. 

38 minutes ago, BlueGreySky said:

Indiana just suspended their RB - yet to determine why.  should be interesting to see. 

https://www.indystar.com/story/sports/college/indiana/2018/08/24/iu-football-standout-rb-morgan-ellison-indefinitely-suspended/1085600002/

I think at this point, the entire B1G east division will just be glad to talk about the lack of BTN on Comcast..!

If CDC releases a statement, what would it say?

"I have talked to coach Herman and he did in fact visit a strip club years ago in Miami before he was head coach for Texas.  After speaking with Tom at length about this incident, I can confirm that 1) there were titties involved, 2) he has "seen better on campus", and 3) he did not fly into a rage fueled frenzy and beat up any of the strippers, or his wife, or any other woman ever in his life."

• Like 6
  • Haha 3

1 hour ago, notre dame joe said:

The salient distinction is that adults know how to contact law enforcement or lawyers, whereas child victims see a blurry morass of "the adults."  I'm actually embarrassed I had to be reminded of that on another board. 

Its that and the propensity for universities in general to not treat rape as seriously as they should on campuses because they don't want those statistics showing up about them. As you said, kids don't have near the options when it comes to reporting these things and often are abused over and over again by the same person which seriously messes them up for the rest of their lives.

Edited by Surlybastard

16 minutes ago, MonkeyDoughnut said:

F'me on mobile embedding... urban tweeted apology... someone post....

Sor-ree (Moose out front), I  apologize for the apology. 

LOL, if Barnum and Bailey had these fucking clowns on tour, they never would have gone bankrupt.

• Like 1