¡Snek!

Patricio Swayze

• 2 weeks later...

My question is once you get it in the bag then what?  That mesh isn't so think that it can't strike through it so you've got to what roll a blanket or some other thick covering to protect the people but that thing is 17' long, it's got to be heavy, not to mention awkward to lift as it's you know constantly moving too.

“On Monday, local TV news station KHOU reported a copperhead sighting near a bayou in Cinco Ranch.”

Lol. Hold up, a snake was seen near a bayou and someone reported it to khou and they deemed it newsworthy? Because it’s February? Houston is about as close to tropical as a place can get without being designated as such. Snakes are always active here.
  • Like 1

9 minutes ago, Patricio Swayze said:

“On Monday, local TV news station KHOU reported a copperhead sighting near a bayou in Cinco Ranch.”

Lol. Hold up, a snake was seen near a bayou and someone reported it to khou and they deemed it newsworthy? Because it’s February? Houston is about as close to tropical as a place can get without being designated as such. Snakes are always active here.

Agreed. There are about 10 days per year in Houston when it is too cold for sneks to be slithering.  Otherwise, they're out and about.

On 11/23/2018 at 2:16 PM, Loco said:

giphy.gif

I was biking one time and I came across a dead rattler on the road. Huge mother, but deader than fried chicken. It had been run over, flattened in two places, guts all smashed out its asshole. I stop and pull out my pocket knife, thinking I would cut off the rattler. I pick it up and the fucking thing strikes at me. Scared the living shits out of me. .

Couple good FL snek stories this week. 

Snake handling homeless preacher tells the residents of Jacksonville Beach the good word.

https://www.actionnewsjax.com/news/local/large-snake-spotted-in-jacksonville-beach/922227189

Alligator helps out with the invasive snake problems 

https://www.wptv.com/news/protecting-paradise/video-alligator-eats-large-python-in-everglades-national-park

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...